Sea Torques
    BG Level

Stoneskin?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Beat this on VD with 2 WHM, 2 BRD (4 songs each), 2 MNK just now. I'm not going to say it was an easy fight this way or that the resources we pulled together for it are going to be available for everyone, but it's a pretty smooth fight without any major surprises when done this way.

Basic strategy: Front tanked it and reapplied songs as they were dispelled.

Full strategy:
    Yagrush WHM - cast Erase following every slowga move (Typhoon Wing, Bai Wing, Slowga), hasted one of the melees afterwards
    Non-Yagrush WHM - Cast Curaga III after every damaging move.

Carn Bard - Meleed elementals and kept 1000 TP up for Aeolian Edge when Ouryu flew. Sang Advancing March / Sword Madrigal / Minuet 3 / Earth Carol II on the melees and Ballad 1~3 + Earth Carol II on the mages.
    Non-Carn Bard - Sang Victory March/Blade Madrigal/Min 4~5 on the melee and Earth Carol + Marches + Scherzo on the mages
    General Bard duties: Pining Nocturne, Dia II (stopped using Dia at 30%), Sleep the elementals when they aren't being used. Finale Stoneskin when he casts it (particularly if it's in the air).

MNK/DNC - (mistake sub) Kept up Haste Samba and might have used Box Step (idk).
    MNK/WAR - Used Aggressor when it was up.
    General MNK duties: Coordinate Mantra when appropriate, Formless during Invincible, and so forth. Provoke Ouryu regularly when flying. Each started with 2 stacks of sushi.

At 25%, we slept Ouryu and applied SP songs, then Asylum x2 zerged it. Non-Carn Bard went far out of range at this point to avoid getting hit with Breakga and Carn Bard stuck around and did double Marches and double Mads as dictated by dispel and AE. Dia II was applied again after this point.

We ended up winning at 27:38 minutes, and I'm fairly sure we could pull it down to around 25 minutes. We might be able to get it down to the low 20s as we improve.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Interesting, didn't consider a melee setup since his TP moves and spells are very anti-melee, but I suppose with Yagrush WHM it's very doable. 1 WHM can't really be arsed to Erase and rehaste 3 DDs while also keeping them alive which is why most groups just rock with RNG setup. Good shit though Byrth, what dropped?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Chasuble. Also, the previous page had a monk setup that flail tanked it in less than half the time. We were just worried about getting caught with scherzo or EA down.

Working as intended.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

My apologies for the late reply. Been busy with school. Tachi, you are correct about the Stoneskin. I tried this again with my LS-mates on difficult and Ouryu dropped like a rock each time we used finale before I used Banish I. It would seem that all damage to him for the the purpose of staggering is corrected heavily in some fashion (mythic Wind Blade and Banish I doing within 30 DMG of each other).

Now, onto the other stuff I have to share. I've been told by Yinzi of Bahamut that Provoke also drops him after you've staggered the elementals. I've yet to test this. However, we're gonna try a run with me on SCH/WHM back-up healing. Last time we did it on difficult (which was right after Tachi noted Stoneskin), I managed to easily hold hate on PLD but only because I was spamming cures on the DD's practically the entire time. In general, it was not a pretty fight. That constant Slow II spam is hell. Timed out at 11% left due to WAR and DRK getting killed after hate reset from Horrid Roar. Also, this is one situation to use KoR over CdC. He has some really high critical evasion. And umm...don't tell my LS this, but I forgot the mistmelts. They wanted to surprise me with that fight because they know I really want the scuffler's cosciales.

Also, Byrth, did you use mistmelts? Or did you just roll on through?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Just tried this on D last night with some LS people.

We find it extremely easy to tank from the front. We were MNKx3 BRD WHM SCH. WHM stands in with the melee on the side (to avoid Geotic Breath) with Afflatus Misery up (no yagrush, so rotate between Esuna and Accession Erase for slow), and the SCH is there to stona the WHM and do other miscellaneous things. MNKs were 2 Spharai 1 Tinhaspa, BRD was 4song/ghorn.

It's really quite manageable. Yes, full debuff/terror sucks, but they're all single target.

One question I have about the elementals though. When exactly do they respawn? I think we had an instant were the elementals were accidentally killed so we couldn't trigger red, had to wait for him to land on his own.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Elementals respawn when he flies only if there are none up. So if you're getting close to killing them, you should make sure you kill them before he flies.

We used Mistmelts, but we aren't sure exactly what they did. Our MNK thinks maybe they only had any effect if used when he was in the air.

Chi Blast can land him for sure after proccing the elementals. Spinning Attack's radius is generally too small to hit him.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Only went to this as pld/whm. Self erase and self haste, rngs were fine, won in about 15ish minutes. Kotr >cdc for sure and i just banish or holy after a circle blade to bring them down. Interestingly circle blade occasionally missed 1 elemental but instill brought him down. Makes me wonder if it's 1 elemental that needs to be hit and it changes each time so aoe is more efficient because it hits all of the "buttons" at the same time.

Old Merits
    BG Level

With MNK MNK WHM WHM BRD SMN we average ~3min fights (actual engaged time) with no outside buffs on D. Have done VD in 12mins on VD with same setup but we held it for a period so obviously could do it a ton faster.

This is obviously tanking from behind.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

But you can also do the method Byrth mentioned on D and complete it in under 7 minutes without having used any SPs on any job.

Working as intended.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

As I said earlier, I believe the mistmelts lower his DEF or -(P?)DT, which gradually seems to increase over the course of the fight. I don't have parsed data but I noticed normal hits and WS's (like KoR) doing more after usage. I tested this on VE, where downward changes in cRatio and damage dealt would be a little more visible.

Also, Ophannus, did you try to land Repose on the elementals?

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zerowone View Post
    But you can also do the method Byrth mentioned on D and complete it in under 7 minutes without having used any SPs on any job.
    Who said anything about using SPs for D?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Or use fakes method and complete it within 4-5mins with no SPs. We personally do MNK MNK COR BRD WHM SMN, have had entry to kill clear times in under 2min. The main cockblock is invincible and he seems to resist formless strikes. Either way, EA should only ever need to be reapplied once at most and scherzo shouldn't need to be reapplied.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

This isn't a lets see who's epeen is bigger contest, different strategies work. Which is the point sharing strategies.

Do it your way, and people will do it an other way.

But if you're saying that riding Scherzo and EA as back door men is easier then at least give the man his props for doing it the more challenging way.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I misunderstood, i thought you were implying your method was better because it didn't need SP use.

Old Merits
    BG Level

This isn't a lets see who's epeen is bigger contest, different strategies work. Which is the point sharing strategies.

Do it your way, and people will do it an other way.

But if you're saying that riding Scherzo and EA as back door men is easier then at least give the man his props for doing it the more challenging way.
    I shared my experience and strategy for the fight and you responded with a defensive comment about the other way of doing it. So you initiated the 'contest'.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Fake View Post
    I shared my experience and strategy for the fight and you responded with a defensive comment about the other way of doing it. So you initiated the 'contest'.
    that strategy was allready known since page 2. all you did was brag about how much faster it is to down byrths strategy sharing. Noone asked for that.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I don't see how you can call that bragging, he was just explaining his experience and showing the benefits of tail tanking. Neither strategy is invalid, it's simply helping inform people on methods to complete the fight. I personally find it much harder and annoying to rebuff after full dispels, especially if we have a multiboxed buffer, some people may not have access to a SMN and thus the front tanking method would be better.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    that strategy was allready known since page 2. all you did was brag about how much faster it is to down byrths strategy sharing. Noone asked for that.
    You are a massive moron who is just looking to ride my dick because I've picked you up on some stupid shit. The reality is I contribute far more useful and usable information in a fraction of what you post.

I made a comparative post highlight the difference, and the person responded wrongly assuming I had used SPs to do it, so clearly it was relevant.

There is absolutely nothing to brag about in this game currently, but if I really wanted to do it I'd use my 3boxing of 4/6 Delve zones rather than fucking Ouryu V2 on D.

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Lol, which you just sorta did.