BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Maurauc Baelfyr
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

The Savage: Part 2

Thought I should make a thread for the new BCNMs, similar to how Yugl had done it last time. Post all findings here!

Information from the mission (COP 4-2):

Ouryu:
    Spoiler: show

On the ground:
    Absolute Terror: Inflicts Terror, halting all actions until it wears.
    Geotic Breath: Cone Attack dealing Earth damage.
    Horrid Roar: Single target attack with a Dispel effect removing up to 15 buffs, including food. Also resets enmity.
    Spike Flail: Area attack dealing physical damage. Used only if someone behind it has hate. Absorbed by shadow images.
    Typhoon Wing: Frontal area attack dealing physical damage and inflicting Blindness.

In the air:
    Bai Wing: Area attack dealing Earth damage and inflicting Slow.
    Ochre Blast: Area attack dealing Earth damage.
    Touchdown: Area attack dealing magical damage. Used when landing if a Mistmelt was not used.

Magic:
    Slowga
    Stoneskin
    Stonega II

Mistmelts:
    Spoiler: show

Obtained from Fly High
    Two hippogryph tailfeathers traded to Ferchinne at G-9, main floor of Tavnazian Safehold.
    These force Ouryu to land, whenever he is flying.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I theorize the the foe in this battle is the famed Ouryu.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Use Barstonera !

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Seems like the elementals force him to land earlier if they are both red proc'd. Got red proc every time with WS.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    Seems like the elementals force him to land earlier if they are both red proc'd. Got red proc every time with WS.
    did you try mistmelts

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

No, someone said they work though.

I enjoy tapping my sisters fine ass
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    No, someone said they work though.
    That is a big negative.
    elementals have to be proc'd together, AOE weapon skills are good.
    If not you have to wait. He's sleepable. Other then that seemed fairly easy .

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

What do mistmelts do now then? The update did say they do something. Or more specifically that "Using mistmelts on Ouryu now bestows a different visual effect on him than previously, as illustrated below."

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

They could just mean that mistmelts now give the grellow proc symbol when they force 4-2 Ouryu to stop flying.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well yes but what does a grellow proc do? More seal drops er pages?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I'm saying that the proc might be only for the mission version, and is signaling that the mistmelt is causing him to land.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I suppose it's possible... though seems odd they'd place that info right in the middle of the hard mode fight talk without specifying

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Yeah that is a bit confusing. They should have just said the mission only and not even added a picture lol.

Soloed VE on SMN for fun with Garuda

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Hey Guys, thought Id post about the run we just did becuase it was extremly informative.
    Went WHM BLM BLM RNG WAR PLD
    First off, no one can stand behind the PLD. Goetic Breath one shotted both BLM and the RNG and they were a good distance away too, so that's first thing.
    PLD seemed better off fulltimeing Aegis. WAR worked perfectly for bringing him down once he flies. Once eles pop, spam fell cleave and it will proc eles, land ouryu, and do damage to him as well while he is flying. Its important to note than the proc > land sequence isnt 100% and you might have to do it multiple times. Also important, is to kill the elementals off after he lands. They seemed to give Ouryu over a 50% -DT when they were up, so having the pld hold them is a bad idea.
    BLM's were able to dish out damage when they could, to eles and dragon, but in the end they were more of a liability than anything. Ouryu does a full hate reset on his target when landing, which would end up killing a BLM usually if the WAR was dead/weakened/on eles.
    Slow needs to be erased immediately (whm first or erase is like a 2 minute recast or some BS) BRD can help with this
    Bai Wing's range was absolutely ridiculous, and he seemed to use it every 20%. I got hit by it at nearly 35' away from him, so it is either 40/50/arena wide (I never saw anyone avoid it). Stoneskin on the mages is enough to deal with this though. but it will kill any weakened or yellow health mages.
    All in all seemed to be not a horrid fight, PLD was in zero danger of dieing at any point. When I do it again it will be; WHM BRD PLD WAR RNG RNG

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Could try with BLU also, as their spells should reach in the air (it has on previous incarnations). They can turtle up pretty well also. /RUN might not be a bad idea either.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by doctorugh View Post
    Could try with BLU also, as their spells should reach in the air (it has on previous incarnations). They can turtle up pretty well also. /RUN might not be a bad idea either.
    blu spells are horrible on anything with D or VD. actually they horrible in general

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by doctorugh View Post
    Why though? I mean, while BLU spells will reach it (most, anyway) their damage with spells alone will be pathetic compared to say, Ranger. If you're going to damage it whilst it's flying, just run Rangers.

WHM BRD PLD WAR RNG(Relic)RNG sounds optimal really. WAR mostly works to land Ouryu, so that PLD can maintain hate more efficiently. RNG can max DPS it throughout the battle, and help take out elementals with Wildfire once it's landed to remove DT.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

AoE WS on elementals followed by Wind Blade force Ouryu to land everytime, could a tier 1 spell be enough? I wonder what setup could possibly work for VD, RNGs+PLD attempt hasn't been very effective for us because of Horrid Roar. Atm I'm thinking about RNGx2+PLDx2 or a melee setup with Scherzo+EA who fight on the tail to force Spike Flail. Ouryu doesn't reset hate after landing and seems to have 250k HP on VD, Elementals have 25-30k HP, no DT (they don't give DT to Ouryu either) and 0 evasion, I don't know if they have 0 meva as well.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Spike Flail is 4 hits (iirc), so Scherzo/EA is unlikely to save you from it. I was thinking PLDx2, RNGx2, WHM, and BRD. You could certainly keep stable hate and tank it during that time, but I worry that you'd time out with only two RNG. Perhaps PLD, RNGx2, SCHx2, and BRD. SCH can transfer hate with their SP2 and might be able to land wind nukes (or maybe not, given VD magic evasion). Paladin can land Ouryu with Circle Blade easily enough.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast