+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

I really should respec Axton's traits to slag enemies with the turret. Dunno if he can do a lot of soloing that way or not though. Only raid boss I've soloed as Axton is Terramorphus or w/e boss that was in You. Will. Die! (Seriously) was.

What build do you go for? I pretty much go for dealing more damage with non-elementals and upping my explosion damage so I can use DPUH, Cobra, and a Tediore SMG.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Salvador belongs in his own tier above the others. However, Krieg and Maya (w/ Legendary Cat Mod) are pretty powerful as well along with her ability to simply immobilize the toughest enemy. Gaige is also really strong of course when stacking anarchy.

Axton was my favorite to play, but I recognize he actually isn't as strong when compared to what some of the other classes are capable of doing. They all have gimmicks that can be exploited like Axton's extreme speed tediore reload boss kills or Zero's pre-stacked critical ascension kills (see: Man of Low Moral Fiber's youtube videos).

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

This is what I have right now. I'm still leveling up, obviously. When I'm done, it'll be this. With a good Efficiency Engineer class mod, I can simply take cover/snipe for the 15-20 seconds it takes for my skill to recharge. At least one enemy will still be slagged from the turrets, so I usually finish that one off and then wait. While the turrets are up, they are easily capable of taking out even the heaviest of regular enemies. Bosses really depend on the boss. I'm up to the Wildlife Exploitation Preserve on UVHM solo. Been hitting the side-quests too. Haven't really tried any raid bosses solo.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

You don't really need to rely on slag turrets for slagging if you otherwise would not be doing that tree (depends on what you want of course). Maliwan snipers and slag pimpernel tend to have 60-70% slag chance iirc. With the slag pimpernel, one shot seemed to be all I needed per enemy, then can swap to another weapon. I imagine all the extra pellets share its slag chance, but I don't know for sure.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

i'd do the tree anyway. i just like those skills better than any of the others. the second barrel adds a noticeable damage increase, and the slag is always nice.

i typically carry a slag bouncing betty just in case.

That video got me so hyped. Plus I'll hopefully be out of crunch by then...SO READY

Micronesian Thunder
    Get Down On It

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Blackrock

Snagged a couple of nvidia copies at $30 a piece off ebay, canceled my preorders. Looks like prices are starting to shoot up, now is the time to buy.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

BG Level

Tried Nisha last night, her special is a bit lackluster sadly. Hopefully her Order stacks counterbalance that.

Haven't got to look too much into her tree, but I'm hoping she does have some nice damage bonuses to pistols since one of the reasons I chose her is because I loved revolvers in BL2.

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

I tried Nisha as well. I'm thinking I might actually play as Claptrap instead.

I fucking hate getting oxygen

BG Level

Well I'm only level 3 so if I changed I don't think it would be the end of the world for me. But I really don't want to play Claptrap since he gets annoying fact.

On the plus side though, Nisha's Fan the Hammer seems to be pretty good for raw gun power.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

The ending is fucking epic, hyped as shit for the future of this title. Final Boss is also epic as fuck, totally worth staying up all night and going to be dead for school.

Micronesian Thunder
    Get Down On It

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Blackrock

I tried Nisha and Athena, played them both to the same spot. Probably going to go with Athena for now, although Nisha pistol tree looks fun.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    The ending is fucking epic, hyped as shit for the future of this title. Final Boss is also epic as fuck, totally worth staying up all night and going to be dead for school.
    Already? Good lord how long is it?!

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

most bl campaigns can be run in 8-10 hours if your goal is to just hit the end

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    Already? Good lord how long is it?!
    Took me about 14hours roughly from start to finish, Nisha is broken as fuck just putting it out there. Pretty much demolished the final boss in its last phases, I couldn't find any raid boss before having to head off tho I'll look around when I get back home.

Edit - Lv.24 is what I beat the first play through at if you were curious.

Still one of my favorite things.

Spoiler: show

BG Level

Dang that's some dedication. By that time I should maybe get done with it by Thursday night.

Forgot to post these a while back. I have two free codes for the new Borderlands game I got from PAX. If you take a code please post and let people know. When you get the code, enter it at www.borderlandsthegame.com/presequelredeem

Code #1
    bprsql-63406-06873

Code #2
    bprsql-37126-57935

Used code #1 thanks! :D

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I snagged Code #2, Thanks!!! That was pretty awesome of you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast