+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

All people I've talked to say S5 has superior stats but is plagued by the locked bootloader on ATT/VZW.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Phonearena has a pretty decent comparison tool.

Where things matter to me are processor/RAM and in those departments they're basically the same the S5's processor is a little faster but both are more than enough). The M8's camera is better in low light but the S5's will wreck it during the day.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by octopus View Post
    T-Mobile actually still has unlimited data in their phone plans. Something to keep in mind.
    I did not know this. I'm on lolSprint because they have unlimited data and they had really good coverage in Texas. Now I don't live in Texas but don't want to give up unlimited data, but if T-Mobile has it as well, I might have to consider it in a year or so depending on where I move..

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

BGR just did a comparison of the two:

TLDR:
    Neither phone is a bad choice by any means, but only one can be the best Android phone in the world — and right now, that’s the HTC One (M8).
    http://bgr.com/2014/04/17/galaxy-s5-...mparison-best/

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

How about the Sony Z1+ (or Z2?)(whatever they called it lol)

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Not on att / Verizon, so guess it doesn't count.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Z2 is a pretty sweet phone (although I have no experience with Sony's Android skin) but in Canada at least it's only available on one carrier. Slick looking phone though.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

She got the S5, and apparently switching from an iPhone to an android can be fucked up. She's not getting text messages from people I believe with iphones (yes imessage is off and has been off since before she activated even, gotta call Apple...) and she's getting texts from me sometimes 30 minutes late.

Not sure what the reason is for the non-iphone people getting/receiving delayed messages, but Internet says the issue is an apple one with regards do iPhone users, some people have to tell all their contacts to start new non-imessage conversations with them. Stupid. The easiest solution is honestly to return the phone for an iPhone instead but F that. She does miss her flash though, some kind of Internet show she's obsessed with won't play on the Samsung

Personally I think I like the HTC more as well, maybe I can convince them it's defective and swap it without a restocking fee.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

She needs to sign her apple ID out of her old phone.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Ah sorry guys I didn't know you'd prefer phones based on which network (carrier) is offering them. Explains the focus I suppose!

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    She got the S5, and apparently switching from an iPhone to an android can be fucked up. She's not getting text messages from people I believe with iphones (yes imessage is off and has been off since before she activated even, gotta call Apple...) and she's getting texts from me sometimes 30 minutes late.

Not sure what the reason is for the non-iphone people getting/receiving delayed messages, but Internet says the issue is an apple one with regards do iPhone users, some people have to tell all their contacts to start new non-imessage conversations with them. Stupid. The easiest solution is honestly to return the phone for an iPhone instead but F that. She does miss her flash though, some kind of Internet show she's obsessed with won't play on the Samsung

Personally I think I like the HTC more as well, maybe I can convince them it's defective and swap it without a restocking fee.
    The text thing is annoying- once the transfer of lines had been completed at the store, I saw a text pop up on my wife's then deactivated iphone & I asked the guy why it was still showing up & he said it might for a couple of days... basically just had to let our iphone contacts know that they couldn't send imessages any more. (The iphone users can just go to a recently sent message, press on the message, and the option to 'send as text' pops up & the convo will be text moving forward).

My wife's missing facetime, though. I set Skype up for her, so we can use it when I travel, but most of her friends/family use facetime.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    I did not know this. I'm on lolSprint because they have unlimited data and they had really good coverage in Texas. Now I don't live in Texas but don't want to give up unlimited data, but if T-Mobile has it as well, I might have to consider it in a year or so depending on where I move..
    I just actually switched to TMobile from verizon because of two reasons
    1. We wanted the S5
    2. They got us when they said that the 3GB is not shared, rather each line gets 3GB 4G LTE speeds. It is true they have unlimited data, but what makes it different is the speed. From what they told me it will go down to 3G or something lower

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

When I had Tmobile, the unlimited data was 4G up to 2 gigs, then Edge after that.

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    When I had Tmobile, the unlimited data was 4G up to 2 gigs, then Edge after that.
    It depends on your plan. There's an unlimited cap plan.

http://www.t-mobile.com/cell-phone-p...ndividual.html

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

There is an interesting rumor that there will be an S5 variant released in June that will have a metal case and 5.2-inch 2560 x 1440 screen. I know a lot of people who hate the galaxy line because of the cheap plastic feel to it so this will be interesting if it is true.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

After playing with it for a few days it seems the S5 is a little buggy, but all things that seem fixable via a patch or update.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

g3 will be out in the next two months HOLD TIGHT BOYEEE. note im not saying to buy the g3, but then you can really weigh your options. i'd still prob lean m8

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

The girl really needed a phone like yesterday so its good for her, she had a 4 series iphone that was on its last leg. I'm not due until July unless I switch to edge so I can wait, It'll be m8 or g3 for sure.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

ordered an HTC One M8 yesterday, should be here Friday. Replacing iphone 4

halp me learn how to cell phone, BG

2600klub

Loves tits more than you

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Cannot wait for the G3, Besides that The Oneplus One looks godlike
    Specs of a S5 at HALF the price, plus comes with a Customized version of Cymod

Specs on the Oneplus One http://www.phonearena.com/phones/OnePlus-One_id8603

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast