+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Good luck actually getting hold of one though.

2600klub

Loves tits more than you

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Yea looks like you need to be selected to get one which sucks

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

i definitely registered to smash my g2 for a oneplus one. thing looks so sick

The Anti Miz

BG Level

G3 confirmed for removable battery and SD slot. Also the phone is about the same size as the HTC and s5 while having a 5.5 inch screen compared to 5.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Slick phone but man do I hate those back buttons. I've never been a fan of LG's Android skin either.

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    Slick phone but man do I hate those back buttons. I've never been a fan of LG's Android skin either.
    Back buttons are really nice if you get used to them. Pretty much all I have heard is it was hated until they got used to it. In all honesty I don't enjoy the volume buttons on my S4.

When it comes to interface I have always preferred vanilla android, and while I have not seen the G3s new one I heard it cleaned it up over the G2 a lot.

On a side note. The G3 has me legitimately excited. Last time I was excited was for the Nexus 4/5 and nothing inbetween (although I did tell everyone the moto x and G2 were nice if asked). I bought the Nexus line for the girlfriend since I have shitty Verizon. So I live vicariously through her. Maybe the G3 will be my chance to pick a phone I actually want instead of "hurr durr we carry the Iphone and Samsung which do you want, big red reliability".

How sad to have an S4 running Hyperdrive 16 without the need of safestrap and (ignoring the camera, ultimately pushes me away as that's a big deal) still really wanting an old Nexus 4 over it?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I got G2 about two months ago. But honestly, I seldom use the back button. The double tap feature to turn on and off the screen just ease my day.

But the only issue is my phone keep get into the silence mode, I had to figure out lol

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Osede View Post
    I got G2 about two months ago. But honestly, I seldom use the back button. The double tap feature to turn on and off the screen just ease my day.

But the only issue is my phone keep get into the silence mode, I had to figure out lol
    How is the G2 compared to the S4?

I always thought it be much nicer than the S4 (battery, looks, use, power, etc), but having Hyperdrive has kept me to this phone.

Basically, I generally consider if I can't unlock the bootloader (afaik G2 you can't, just root exploits which is also a big no-no to me) then the phone is useless to me. It would have to have a very very nice UI with customization in order for me to essentially marry it.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Etrigan Elric
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I have the Galaxy S4, but If Verizon had the HTC One when I was ready to upgrade (and I mean in need of a phone). I would have gotten the HTC One Hands down.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Gf got the HTC M8 today. Boy oh boy am I jelly.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Gf got the HTC M8 today. Boy oh boy am I jelly.
    I've almost grabbed one myself a few times and switched to the verizon edge for yearly upgrades. But I want that G3 and normal plans upgrade is in July, so I'll probably grab that then. If I hate it, then I'll switch to edge lol.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

G3 looks nice with the really small bezel. It was between that and the m8, but she needed a new phone and there was no way we were waiting another month.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Wife and I were way overdue for an upgrade so did some research on the S4/S5 and HTC One M8. The biggest thing for us that made us lean toward the M8 was the internal 32GB, where as the S5 only came in 16GB. Also the M8 has an SD slot that will take up to 128GB, so that really put it over the edge for us. Amazon has the M8 for 99.99 right now. Got two phones and two 64GB cards. Trying to figure out cases now.

From the research we did, we found the S5 had a slightly faster processor and Wi-Fi, and a superior camera. The M8 is more aesthetically pleasing and runs a nice Quad-core processor. Speakers are supposedly pretty nice as well.

edit: http://www.cnet.com/products/htc-one-m8/ CNET review of the M8

The Anti Miz

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    I've almost grabbed one myself a few times and switched to the verizon edge for yearly upgrades. But I want that G3 and normal plans upgrade is in July, so I'll probably grab that then. If I hate it, then I'll switch to edge lol.
    Welcome 2 cool kids club. Rear facing buttons 4 life

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    Welcome 2 cool kids club. Rear facing buttons 4 life
    I'm worried about them but really looking forward to the change.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

The front speaks on the HTC are amazinggg.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    I'm worried about them but really looking forward to the change.
    I thought it was dumb on the G2 then I held it and ever since then when I hold my S4 I realise that my index finger is right where the buttons be. Which I find now to be the best spot and makes the phone look nicer. Besides with that sexy tap (datass) on and off you don't even need buttons.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I'm probably going to be upgrading to an S5 soon here.

Unfortunately I'm going to be switching off my moms plan with US Cellular which is a points system instead of a contract, going to probably be joining on my friends plan with Verizon which will be a contract. I wanted to switch to Ting, you have to buy the phones at full price, but you only pay for what you use and they say the average monthly bill is $21/month. Mine would definitely be higher on their plan, probably closer to 45, but that's still wicked cheap. The only problem is I live in the NH/VT border area, and Ting uses the Sprint towers, and Sprint has the trashiest phone service and data service around here.

If you are in an area where Sprint has good service though, I recommend checking out Ting.com, especially if you are already on the Sprint network, since you can bring your current device over. I was totally willing to buy an S5 at full price to join Ting, but it's useless with no service.

[edit] And also, my first three phones (first one flip, second one slider, third one LG Optimus) were all LG phones, and I hated all of them after 1 year. I don't know how well LG makes phones now, but those three phones all developed problems that were so fucking infuriating that I never wanted to own an LG phone again. (To name two problems I had off the top of me head, Optimus would just stop receiving text messages randomly, I would have to turn it off and back on in order for it to get them, so I would go all day without getting texts, restart my phone and get all the texts at once. Also had a problem where if I turned my screen off before a text message sent, it wouldn't send the text message until I turned the screen back on, so I couldn't hit send and pop my phone in my pocket, I'd have to sit there and stare at the screen and wait for it to say 'Sent')

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Saw there was some G3 talk in here, I recently got an email from verizon about preordering the G3 and getting it for $99 with a 2yr plan, though it looks like they are having a 50% sale on all new phones atm but who knows when that goes away.

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I wouldn't buy a new phone right now. Android L is coming out in the fall, and there's also 64-bit architecture phones coming out in the fall through winter seasons as well.

This is a fairly weak time to purchase a new device. There's also the Galaxy F that's coming out in September to compete with the iPhone 6, which should have small bezels like the G3, an equivalent resolution, and better specs.

It'll have more screen real estate than the G3 does due to not having software buttons. Samsung's phones always have that extra centimeter or so of space because of the physical buttons.

I sold my G2 last month and terminated my Verizon contract. I'm monthly on AT&T right now using an unlocked LG Optimus G E970. I don't know why but this phone with CM11 is faster than my G2 was. Actually, it's faster than my step dad's Note 3 as well. Go figure.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast