+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Worth pointing out that almost nothing runs at the G3's native resolution, so pretty much every app icon gets upscaled and looks like shit. Unless you're blind and can't read the text on a 1080p device, there's really almost no benefit to that resolution.

Unless Samsung significantly changes their flagship design (I doubt it, but I haven't been following leaks either) it's still going to feel like a cheap piece of plastic, which is a big nope for me. The M8 is still pretty handily my phone of the year and HTC has already committed to bringing Android L to both the M7 and M8 by Winter (and it'll likely be on all current flagship phones sooner or later) so I don't really see Android versioning as a concern at the moment.

If you're not dying for an upgrade right now, I would recommend waiting until the fall to make a decision, because either something will come out that blows you away, or nothing that excites you comes out but you'll still likely benefit from price cuts to current flagships. If you are dying to upgrade right now, the G3, One M8, and Z2 are all great phones. The S5 isn't bad but I find it hideous to look at and disgusting to hold, and HTC has been better about prompt Android updates as of late than pretty much any other OEM.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I disagree on not upgrading right now, that is if you do one of the edge plans or whatever your provider calls it where you get a new phone every 6-12 months.

Only downside is you gotta give your old phone back, but it's not a big deal since you don't pay the 99-199 fee for a two year contract.

2 year contracts are a thing of the past, don't get yourself locked into them. Most of these phones shit out by the 18-22 month mark anyway and start performing like shit.

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    I disagree on not upgrading right now, that is if you do one of the edge plans or whatever your provider calls it where you get a new phone every 6-12 months.

Only downside is you gotta give your old phone back, but it's not a big deal since you don't pay the 99-199 fee for a two year contract.

2 year contracts are a thing of the past, don't get yourself locked into them. Most of these phones shit out by the 18-22 month mark anyway and start performing like shit.
    Except if you have AT&T: http://www.theverge.com/2013/7/16/45...-a-huge-ripoff

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Until AT&T removes my grandfathered unlimited Data, 2 year plans for me every 2 years happily.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

ATT forced me to drop my 2G and below phone
    Got HTC One M8 for 99 no additonal or questions, unlmd txt, phone, data for $35 a month for two years.
    I'm ok with that I guess. I really didnt like giving up my phone though, but I guess the trick at getting good deals is to wait until the phone no longer works on the network lol.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Anyone here have a Note? I was wondering how those feel sitting in your pocket since they are a bit big. Played with one of those LG Flex deals tonight while looking at the store, holy shit that thing is massive feeling.

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

They are very large. I used one for a couple of days and I wasn't really able to fit keys in the same pocket. I usually keep my phone, a bottle of hand sanitizer for work, and keys in the same pocket. Wasn't happening.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I have a Note 2 and you get used to it pretty fast. Just love my screen. They are big phones.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

On my G3 right now. Feels lighter than both s5 and m8 even though it's really not. Screen is crazy, can't even notice the upscaling if it's there.

Love the lock unlock tapping. Back buttons are actually convenient. So far so good.

I'm on Verizon edge though so if the note 4 rocks or something else later this year I can, just swap. No loss and my s3 was pretty much garbage time.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

On my G3 right now. Feels lighter than both s5 and m8 even though it's really not. Screen is crazy, can't even notice the upscaling if it's there.

Love the lock unlock tapping. Back buttons are actually convenient. So far so good.

I'm on Verizon edge though so if the note 4 rocks or something else later this year I can, just swap. No loss and my s3 was pretty much garbage time.
    YES SPREAD WORD OF THE GLORY OF THE LG G SERIES. REAR BUTTONS FTW. KNOCK ON/OFF FTW

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

I find myself consistently going back to my Z30 just because of how amazing the gestures and navigation are.

BEAHCAT
    BOSTON'S FINEST

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mith Lothaire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Cenarius

Going to try and locate a G3 tomorrow while I'm up in NH.

(I refuse to pay the MA sales tax on retail price of the phone haha)

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Pretty sure I was the first one in my area to get it. Walked into store and was like "Id like to see and buy a G3" girls like "uhhh, well you can preorder those) as shes turning around to a sign shes almost tripping over which says RELEASES 7/17!!! and then she says "wait whats today"

fucking moron. The display phone wasn't even set up yet, still had all the tips on it.

BEAHCAT
    BOSTON'S FINEST

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mith Lothaire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Cenarius

Pretty sure I was the first one in my area to get it. Walked into store and was like "Id like to see and buy a G3" girls like "uhhh, well you can preorder those) as shes turning around to a sign shes almost tripping over which says RELEASES 7/17!!! and then she says "wait whats today"

fucking moron. The display phone wasn't even set up yet, still had all the tips on it.
    Did they have any LG accessories?

The t-mobile I got my phone from only had 3rd party cases, and no other accessories.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by jmc View Post
    Did they have any LG accessories?

The t-mobile I got my phone from only had 3rd party cases, and no other accessories.
    They had the quick circle case which I'm in love with. Mine snaps over the phone and doesn't replace back cover either.

http://i-cdn.phonearena.com/images/r...-Review-TI.jpg

http://www.phonearena.com/reviews/LG...-Review_id3756

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Since this thread has most of the flagship phone discussion...

I've recently brought myself a Nexus 7 (2013) for very very cheap as part of some deal. After playing with it on a basic level for 2 weeks (and getting it to how I want it, i.e. read mangas, watch anime, browse, chat on hangouts, play games), and then having a quick go on my sister's Samsung S4, I've now lost absolutely all interest for current flagship phones. It feels ............. the same, besides the custom crap Samsung/HTC/LG/Song adds to their phones (I had a demo on each at the phone shop). Apart from now a flagship phone's camera, screensize/resolution, build, I feel there's nothing I cannot do on the Nexus (besides make calls).

Is it right to think this? I'm not none-technical by any means, but everything feels just the same but with varied hardware. Meta-level wise, I know the camera is a high contender between each, but presume I don't care about that. And besides getting that "perfect device that can do everything" (including calls/4g) I don't think there's that much difference going for any of the 4 flagship models besides the look and feel, camera, brand loyalty, and size (CPU is roughly equivalent, and RAM seems to be a none issue, I'm not a tab/app freak on a mobile device).

In the UK on Amazon, the LG3 is surprisingly the cheapest sim-free/unlocked (@£420-gold; M8/S5/Z2 are in the £500 bracket)

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm the opposite. I went with a Note 3 and now have zero use for my tablet since I can read comics or watch video well enough on the Note and not have to wear cargo pants to lug around a bigger unit.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

my gen 1 nexus 7 suddenly moves at the speed of a snail so sadly i cannot agree, however it was magic when it was new

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I bought a nexus 7, then a laptop and a g3. I haven't touched the 7 in months.

2600klub

Loves tits more than you

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I use my nexus for only comics and some videos, otherwise I'm on my phone or surface pro 3.

I also don't understand the mentality of thinking you're doing something wrong because you think a different way than most, just because you don't care for flagship phones doesn't mean something is wrong with you or your way of thinking.

Anyways, I'm waiting for word on the S5F (prime) or the Note 4 before getting a new phone. Praying the S5F comes out soon.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast