+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I totally forgot about the S5 Prime! Yeh I'll wait for that too (and iphone 6) to decide. There's a Note 4 already? But the Note 3 hasn't been out that long, or so I thought. I currently wish to continue with Apple (I own an iPhone 3GS, 32gb, 98% music player, 1% calls/text/whatsapp, 1% games that were free/other small insignificant apps) because I feel the Nexus has enough for me to experience the Google Play eco-system, and I wish to continue with the luxury that is the Apple ecosystem. Technically I got no use for an up to date phone based on my usage but my phone battery is slowly dying (it's 4.5 years old!), I noticed it's holding slightly less charge. It's like apart of my body, I'm so used to it I can detect subtle changes! However I don't wish to settle for a cheap phone because I like the idea that the power is there for if I need it (i.e. there's a fight on the train, lets film it in 2160p! (Z2) lol)

I also don't understand the mentality of thinking you're doing something wrong because you think a different way than most, just because you don't care for flagship phones doesn't mean something is wrong with you or your way of thinking.
    In my life I've always been unorthodox (due to the way I think and analyse things) so in a defeatist-like attitude I just typed that without realising it haha. In general I don't care ultimately, I'm technical enough to understand all of it enough to not care between phones. Also, I guess because some people here (not on BG) are so obsessed with it (some guy refunded S5 because the speakers sucked... another few guys kept talking about CPU/ram/GPU that they don't even know the benchmark scores of, whereas I kept a tab of it) I just feel alienated in that people are obsessing over details that they essentially don't know what's good or what not, besides simple numbers (i.e. 1.5 ghz single core > 1.3 ghz quad core).

I bought a nexus 7, then a laptop and a g3. I haven't touched the 7 in months.
    Aw that's depressing. So I did think about getting a G3 (as I said earlier, cheapest) but knowing that it could essentially replace your 7 is a bit sad considering the Nexus 7 is my first "toy" in 5 years (my last being iphone 3gs ... this excludes my desktop pc)

@tyven: I don't know anyone with a 2012 Nexus, but I do know the screen res sucks now for what it is
    @krandor: I'll lookout for the Note 4 ... !

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Note 4 will be out in a few months, they usually release the new model right before Christmas.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Just wanna say the g3 takes some ridiculous photos. I'll post some later.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Yeh sites were raving about how it "won" the camera competition. But I'm not a camera person, so I wouldn't truely know the difference (trusted reviews takes a photo of the gerkin building in London, and zooms in different times to compare pixels/quality). But, my point of view is 8 out of 10 people probably won't detect such differences unless you work in that field, zoom in ridiculously, or tell them straight.

Does the LG3 allow you to take photos from both cameras? Basically a client at work showed me his M8, and how he was at this festival. He was able to use his back camera to take a wide shot, and his front camera to take a shot of himself and a few other people (group selfie?) which I thought was neat.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

There is a dual mode and the widget looks like picture in picture making me think it does that. Which sucks if it does cause I totally could've used that feature for my proposal.

Edit: fuck that's exactly what it does.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

After just talking up the Note 3 I proceeded to ditch it today. I live on a military base and get shit signal at home, so changed from Verizon to T-Mobile for the WiFi calling feature (and to save money) and got a One M8.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Congrats on joining the M8 family. It's such a lovely phone, especially for videos.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

As good as the note 3 is, I listen to alot of music and the audio quality on the M8 is too good to pass up.

That and dealing with a locked bootloader on the Note was bugging me. Before I did a single thing with the phone unlocked it and went to town with a custom ROM/kernel

Bonus was that I had an old phone lying around for T-Mobile's ETF deal, so now I can sell my Note 3 for dat $$$$$$

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Here's some pictures I took the other night with G3. They are unedited, gigantic, entirely set to default with a few HDR on/off tries here and there. Not resized, click at own risk for fuckhuge. Camera currently defaulted to W10M 4160x2340 and not 13M 4160x3120.

Pretty much every night shot is horrible due to being taken from a boat with HDR on and probably no flash, and I guess I just wasn't steady enough. The very best night photos were too large of files to upload to BG bucket.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Can you take a few portraits so I can see how those compare? City shots never look good to me because once you start looking at the details things just always look blurry any ways.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

The night shots look fine really if I was looking at it from a device with a small screen (i.e. my phone). From a monitor's point of view, especially at 100% zoom then yes it's horrible, but nothing a quick resize and a very quick touch up can't fix. To me, it's superficial. I'm sure the photo looks gorgeous on your LG's screen

For salodin: http://www.trustedreviews.com/lg-g3_...eview-summary:)

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Can you take a few portraits so I can see how those compare? City shots never look good to me because once you start looking at the details things just always look blurry any ways.
    Portaits in general or non-city portraits? And yes, they look phenomenal on the phone - some look frame-worthy. I'm sure a resize would make them printable without any touchups.

Again, all default, some HDR on some off:

If I screw around with the settings, I'm sure they'd be awesome.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

they all look amazing unzoomed

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

btw that food picture was insanely tasty, and is by far my favorite picture. Fucking wild mushrooms in strudel with a balsamic reduction and truffle oil.

It was like a dessertpetizer.

The cat is Count Chocula.

True skill only comes from macro switching all your e-peen gear thru 10 pages
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Ya day shots are lookin good. Is that on par with the SGS5 or better?

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Unless you're a photophile (is that a word?) I doubt you'll spot the difference in a blind test

HTC Wants You to Switch to a Windows Phone

I've had my eye on the M8, even though it's pointless because my upgrade isn't until next year and there will be something better by then. I just found this article interesting. Would this be enough to switch anyone to a Windows phone? I personally haven't really considered Windows. I started with Android, switched to iOS, and I'm planning to go back to Android on my next phone. But if Windows starts showing up on flagship devices, I'll at least take a closer look at the OS before I pull the trigger on anything.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

For me that would be an interesting choice. I mean, I'm a simple man, I know my shit somewhat, and I absolutely (as mentioned before) lost all interest in the flagship phones that all run Android after owning my own Nexus. For as much as I could probably enable the maximum potential of all these devices, for my own personal leisurely needs or requirements I can simply make do without.

However, the potential of a flagship phone running Windows is appealing to me in that I can "acquire" some knowledge of the Windows OS (no matter how bad or unpopular it is).

That would allow me to main a Windows OS phone, Android OS 90% reading, 10% gaming and Apple iOS for 75% browsing (I still like/prefer iOS safari browsing experience over Android Google Chrome) and 25% gaming (for the flagship games).

What are Microsoft Outlook apps like on Android/iOS? I tried blackberry's, it's crap from what I can tell. But for a Windows OS with (presumably) native outlook/exchange connectivity and syncing... who knows what this might do.

True skill only comes from macro switching all your e-peen gear thru 10 pages
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Windows Phone is decent especially now with the new update that is rolling out which this M8 comes with. Previous versions 7/7.5/8 were so behind in features but they've finally caught up. The only problem is it joined the game very late & 3rd party app support. If you don't care about those then go for it.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

WP8.1 devices are pretty slick, but if I got one it'd probably be a Lumia, not an HTC phone.