1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 5 hours, 50 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 18 hours, 9 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 22 hours, 50 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 11 hours, 9 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

My personal guess is that it's gonna be Muskeeteer as class and a Gunner and/or Cannoneer as job(s). Likely a base class that shoots elemental bullets that becomes a stronger job in that field, or becomes a healer/DPS job similar to Tactics Advance 2. Shooting people with potions or cure bullets, buffs or what have you.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/120...)-Translations

Working on second post now, the Yoshida stuff. Pretty sure whatever "Salv-" is, is crafting related. He specifically talked about a new play element for crafters right after he said that, and "salvage" (ignoring its FFXI ties) sounds like it could easily be some sort of crafting thing.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

If we're doing wild speculation I really hope both classes are released with their 2 job paths already.

Assassin (Dagger) -> Thief (DPS) / Ninja (Hybrid) [Tank/DPS]
    Musketeer (Gun) -> Corsair (Hybrid) [Healer/DPS] / Chemist (Healer)

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Not really "wild" speculation with all the info he's fed us over the course of a year, really. One could make a guess then go in a general direction of how it's gonna play out. We know whatever jobs they are, they'll have to fit the general FF lore, so it won't be something out of left field that no one has ever heard about... like Puppetmaster. >_>

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

I don't typically think of FF BRDs of shooting shit with bows and being a damage dealer tho

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    Add-on support delayed until end of the year, and from what they had to say it doesn't sound like it's the add-on system we all had dreamed.... something about changing in-game icons and window colors.
    Reinheart translation

Quote Originally Posted by Slycer View Post
    Q: What's the current development status for add-ons?
    Minagawa: We were originally planning to publish this feature around 6-8 months after launch, but because we were very busy with the PS4 version, we're sorry that we've had to delay it. In advance of the full release, we'll be adding some of the easier parts like icon and skin customization (UI design).
    Yoshida: We do plan to publish a roadmap outlining the timing of add-on related releases that we'll show at a later date.
    Slycer translation

and people wonder why I'm always like "ehhhhhhhhh" when confronted with OFFICIAL REINHEART TRANSLATION

I mean little disrespect to the dude, only disrespect for those who can't realize there's usually something

lost

in his translations

no one point our reinheart was trying to translate the livefeed and slycer is translating a written article

You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    I don't typically think of FF BRDs of shooting shit with bows and being a damage dealer tho
    Dis is true. That nigga pulled some other shit with that one. Though there are some MMOs with Bards that use bows too.

Reinheart translation

Slycer translation

and people wonder why I'm always like "ehhhhhhhhh" when confronted with OFFICIAL REINHEART TRANSLATION

I mean little disrespect to the dude, only disrespect for those who can't realize there's usually something

lost

in his translations

no one point our reinheart was trying to translate the livefeed and slycer is translating a written article
    Not trying to start anything but reins translation:

f; what’s going on with the add-ons
    m; I’m sorry about this one, I’ve said it was going to be released for 6-8 month since launch
    m; in reality, that timing is almost up and we’ve been addressing the PS4 and there is some delay
    m; at first version we’re starting from where you can change the UI and icons
    y; I talked with Minagawa the other day on how much we can change
    y; like changing to classic FF blue window
    y; or like showing information that’s not being displayed normally, such as TP
    y; so we’re discussing how much of that will be released, please wait just a bit more
    m; we’re working on a roadmap where you can see what’s going to happen.
    I duno but thats basically the same thing..

Slycer does a great job, Rein does it on the fly, Appreciate them both for what they do. Not sure why there seems to always have this competition going on lol.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Persona Nongrata
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Takiwaki View Post
    Not trying to start anything but reins translation:

I duno but thats basically the same thing..

Slycer does a great job, Rein does it on the fly, Appreciate them both for what they do. Not sure why there seems to always have this competition going on lol.
    There is no competition. Just people making it one. I appreciate them both for putting in time to doing this.

Also i do remember some guy posting on reddit a long time ago a leaked document that they are planning to have Gun based Red Mage job. Could have changed since then and might of changed it to Gun mage now.

But, 100% chance i could be wrong.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Reinheart's translation is live which I give him mad props for. I couldn't do that very well so I don't even try. I'm translating a transcript of the interview, so the differences between the two are probably because the person transcribing the interview is just summarizing main points and not really capturing every single word.

You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Both get props for Translating, just that Slycer always sets it up in a great way, where as Reinhart just goes in and translates (usually in raw form, more of a rigid & direct translation). I could translate as well, but mine are so horrible in comparison it's just better for these two to go about it. Live translations are so amazingly difficult it's a wonder how Reinhart does it, tbh. Imagine a Japanese translator translating English from a speaker going at very high speed, and using English slang terms and shorter forms of words. It's like that, but in reverse.

Either way, both put out information way faster than Official translation at any rate. Which I think they have just rectified by starting their Duty Commenced series. Slycer and Reinhart will still be around for those speedy Famitsu and online article translations, however.

Also, I like saying "Fire the Slycer Signal," woop.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

If we're doing wild speculation I really hope both classes are released with their 2 job paths already.

Assassin (Dagger) -> Thief (DPS) / Ninja (Hybrid) [Tank/DPS]
    Musketeer (Gun) -> Corsair (Hybrid) [Healer/DPS] / Chemist (Healer)
    by that standard arcanist is also a hybrid class, lets hope SE finally let us have separate points allocation

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Would really like to see more jobs for the current classes before adding more classes but eh, I'll take whatever

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

I'd rather have more classes than new jobs, more cross skills would be really nice.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

I'd rather they unsuckify the cross class skills we currently have access to so that the new classes don't step off the boat into the same pile of shit.

True skill only comes from macro switching all your e-peen gear thru 10 pages
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

OMG FFXIV Fan Festival 10/2014 Las Vegas!!!!!!!

Get Hype! Bubsy hype!

Knee High Socks!!! Hnnnng

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

i've never been to vegas

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

They're doing so much with the public and the community it's kinda unreal.

You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Looks like I might be going to Vegas twice this year.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I will drop bard so hard for thief/assassin/ninja. Also I need to obtain an income so I can actually afford to go to a fan festival for once.

Also:
    Info #9: When you play the sounds from multiple furniture instruments at the same time, you'll hear the BGM from Haukke Manor.
    I fucking knew it.