1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 14 hours, 5 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 9 hours, 54 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 7 hours, 5 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 2 hours, 54 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

F.A.T.E. in Tokyo - 4/26 - 4/27

Translated from an article in Game Watch. I can't view the "special site" on mobile, so I'll have to check it out later. Times are in JST, of course. For reference, 10:00(am) on April 26 in JST is 9:00pm EDT / 6:00pm PDT on April 25. I assume 2.3 will be talked about in at least one of the producer letters, so look forward to some announcements this weekend!

---------

F.A.T.E. in Tokyo at Niconico Chokaigi 3

Scheduled to be held on April 26 and 27 at Makuhari Messe
    General admission is 1500 yen in advance, 2000 yen at the door
    http://www.chokaigi.jp/2014/ticket/

Square Enix will be holding a A Realm Reborn: Final Fantasy XIV event starting on April 26 at Makuhari Messe at Nikoniko Chokaigi 3.

The New FFXIV event will be held over two days, the 26th and 27th. In addition to the Producer Letter LIVE, there will be discussions from sound director Masayoshi Soken, special talks with the voice actors, various battle challenges, and lots of other content.

This event is also intended for those who want to cosplay as characters from FFXIV, and they'll get special priority seating upfront. Details of the full schedule are below; for more information about each event, please check the special site.

[April 26]
    10:00 "Hear, Feel, Participate! A Realm Reborn: FINAL FANTASY XIV Super F.A.T.E." Grand Opening
    11:00 Traveling Producer Letter LIVE Part 1
    12:00 Hear from Hiroshi Minagawa! [[Lead UI Artist of FFXIV]]
    13:00 Participate in the cosplay contest
    14:00 Special talk with the Voice Actors
    15:00 Chat with Yoshi-P
    16:00 Binding Coil battle challenge
    17:00 Breaking down the BGM with the Sound Director

[April 27]
    10:00 Opening
    11:00 Traveling Producer Letter LIVE Part 2
    12:00 Extreme Primal battle challenge
    13:00 Looking at the Wigs reborn [[idk wtf this is referring to]]
    14:00 Chat with Yoshi-P
    15:00 Special talk with the Voice Actors
    16:00 Hiroyuki x Yoshida x Hige Panel Talk

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

For those who forgot, the following content has been talked about in previous interviews for 2.25 and 2.3 which took place around the end of March. I'm sure we'll hear more on most of these during the Tokyo event. (Fixed 2.25 to reflect Zodiac delay announced in the producer letter.)

2.25 (April 24)
    -PvP rank cap increase to 40
    -Addition of PvP "animal" equipment
    -New materia system

2.28 (May)
    -Saga of the Zodiac weapons continuation

2.3 (late June)
    -Crystal Tower (Part 2)
    -Ixal Beast Tribe daily quests, bonus for maxing all five beast tribes
    -New main scenario, starring Yda and focusing on Gridania/Sylphs/Ramuh, possible tie-ins with Ishgard
    -Ramuh primal battles
    -Saga of the Zodiac weapons continuation (completion?)
    -Hildibrand storyline continuation
    -PvP content: Front Lines*
    -New GC ranks/exchange items*
    -Ability to queue for DF with companion active*

*Targeted for 2.3, not finalized

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

They just announced the next F.A.T.E. event. It's going to be held on May 24 from 15:00-22:00 in Nagoya. Notable events include the 14th Producer Letter LIVE and special primal battle challenges. Lead designer Takeo Suzuki will be along for the Producer Letter LIVE as well.

If you happen to be over there, you can register to attend (lottery selection) on Lodestone by May 6. You'll need a SE account and the form is all in JP so let me know if you need help if you actually are interested:
    http://sqex.to/dtk

Since that next event is only a month off and still a month ahead of 2.3, we may not get much on 2.3 this weekend, although I imagine they'll mention the next Zodiac stuff for 2.28 at least. Guess we'll find out tonight/tomorrow.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

They're also teasing some new stuff for the community event today so maybe we're going to get something after all.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Add-on support delayed until end of the year, and from what they had to say it doesn't sound like it's the add-on system we all had dreamed.... something about changing in-game icons and window colors.

Dr. Salami
    HERO OF TIME

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Selamis Bloodwood
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Perhaps they will let us use actual ability icons again for macros instead of the new shit they added with 2.1...those icons are the worst.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Skai Aetheris
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Copy pasta from Reddit. http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/commen...oner_pets_new/
    Quite a few interesting things were coerced out of Yoshida last night:
    • Gun and Dagger class/jobs were both confirmed and coming sooner than people think. Apparently soon after 2.3. (He said we are saving this info for E3-Announcements, looking forward to June 10th!)
    • The gun class isn't what people are expecting it to be.
    • Frontlines are aiming to be in 2.3! (They made it seem like it was an 8v8v8, not confirmed though)
    • Yoshi said Summoners will be getting Leviathan AND Ramuh pets, no mentioned when they would arrive.
    • Black Mage buffs and Summoner pet rebalancing to make others useful coming.
    • Yugiri's face was apparently shown to Nakamura, who gasped. No images as of yet.
    • Gold Saucer will be BIG. He wants the games to encompass more than just playing with friends. (Hints at match making and chocobo races.)
    • Personal rooms for your FC housing mentioned again. He said it would be like a mog house from ff11 with decorating.
    • The new 2.3 Dungeon will be outside, and deal with water, supposedly in La noscea.
    • Crafters are getting something to do with salv- (He was cut off, people thought it was salvage, but he claims that he wasn't going to say salvage.)
    • Phantasia Potions for sale in May!

Smaller Less Important Tid-bits:
    • People complained about still going to the waking sands, solution is coming.(Urianger is staying behind because of the twins are fighting and he doesn't want to leave Alisae(the female twin) behind on her own. Apparently as part of the story, they will make the move in 2.3) So no more waking sands trips!
    • Hildibrand was originally supposed to be a Lalafell.
    • Yoshi said to watch the Hildibrand cutscenes again and pay attention to a reoccurring person in the back ground stalking Nashu. He said he was surprised no one caught this.
    • Gerolt's name in japanese is Gero, which literally means "barf", is getting a personal story to explain his rocky past where he was not such a nice person.
    • Stitches in moogle pet getting removed because japapnese players think it's scary.
    • Housing Instruments if all played at the same time will play a memorable song.

(If there is anything I missed, please let me know!)

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Skai View Post
    No one has the JP text of this? No disrespect to Reinhart, just that Slycer is far superior with the translations.

Is nico streaming any of the xiv events from this weekend?

The gun class isn't what people are expecting it to be.
    My body is ready.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

That would be amazing.

True skill only comes from macro switching all your e-peen gear thru 10 pages
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

lol JPs scared of stitching...

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Evane View Post
    Gunner? Chemist? Gun (Blue) Mage?

Yoshi-Please.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201404/26052432.html

Working on it (think this is just UI stuff, will need to find another source for the other info - probably came from the later conversation with Yoshida)

Edit: I'm going to make a separate thread and reserve a couple posts and update as I translate.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Skai Aetheris
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

You're the best Slycer!

You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Actually now that I've run it back in my mind, there's many different ways one could speculate on the jobs he wants to add to the game now.

What we know:

1) One class will make use of daggers.
    2) One class will make use of guns.
    3) Gun class quests will start in Limsa Lominsa (Guild already set up).
    4) Dual wield guns. (Yoshi has mentioned this before in an early interview on ideas for new jobs; Merlwyb Bloefhiswyn has exhibited dual wield pistols in a v2.2 cutscene).
    5) Both jobs will be released between or around v2.35 & v2.4.
    6) Yugiri's face is related to the new Dagger class/job. (It's shrouded, so likely it's Ninja).

What we can make an almost correct educated guess on:

1) Gun class will likely be a Disciple of War class (LL lacked a 2nd DoW class like the other two nations prior to announcement, might continue to follow old mindset).
    2) Dagger class will likely be based in Limsa Lominsa. (Underground syndicate based in LL; Yugiri training with syndicate as of 2.2).
    3) Dual Wield dagger class (v2.2 cutscene with Yugiri & Thancred).

What we have no idea of:

1) Yoshi-P stated gun class will be unlike what people expected. The outcome could be like Hunter from WoW, or chemist from FFV/FFT when we expected something similar to Corsair from FFXI.
    2) If the new classes will split into dual job roles, like Arcanist.
    3) If jobs stemming from the initial classes will be DPS, healers, or hybrid roles.

Possible outcomes of new classes:

Gun Class/Job(s) --

1) Musketeer **
    2) Gunner/Fusilier (FFX-2, FFTA, FFTA2)
    3) Chemist (FFT & FFX-2) or Salve-Maker
    4) Gun (Blue) Mage (FFX-2)
    5) Corsair (FFXI)
    6) Hunter (FFV & WoW)
    7) Cannoneer/Flintlock (FFV: Adv, FFTA2)

Dagger Class/Job

1) Thief (Rogue)
    2) Ninja (Dagger swapped for short or one-handed Katanas).
    3) Assassin *

** Musketeer is the original class name found in the 1.0 dats.
    * Assassin is the original class name found in the 1.0 dats. However, it's main weapon is Dark Arts, instead of daggers.

---

God damn, I love speculation.

Just an aside. When Yoshi-P said "Salv-," he likely meant Salve-Maker, the spiritual successor job to Chemist of FFT & FFX-2 from Bravely Default. This could mean anything from a system that combines items to make a new one to the actual job itself.

This is all speculation based on old interviews, in-game cutscenes and datamined 1.0 content.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Skai Aetheris
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Definitely hope the weapons are dual in nature a la the Warriors class in Tera. Having to need to get a second dagger/gun for off-hand would suck immensely.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Skai View Post
    Definitely hope the weapons are dual in nature a la the Warriors class in Tera. Having to need to get a second dagger/gun for off-hand would suck immensely.
    From a programming standpoint I assume it would be much simpler to just make the 2 weapons a 1-slot deal. Like H2H is now where the animation for autoattacks is 2 swings but the damage is just 1 hit.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Probably is much easier, but I hope not... though I'm sure my hopes will be crushed. GW2 had a nice system for Main/offhand, where your skills would be different depending on each... I know i bring up GW2 a lot but its like, the only MMO i played for more than a week before burning out, except XI.

Still the system is sound, On the THF-like class i played, could main hand a Sword, Dagger, or Gun, and your first 2 skills would be set based on them, and then you could offhand a Sword/dagger/gun, and the remaining 3 skills would vary depending on your main/offhand combo. It was nice.