1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 0 hours, 46 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 23 hours, 13 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 17 hours, 46 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 16 hours, 13 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by OWS_Tonx View Post
    He stated in the previous letter that animus isn't something your average player will obtain right away. I'm with Indomitable on this, it's just an excuse for it not being ready.
    Trying to implement feedback into your game isn't an excuse, it's common sense.

Professional Lurker
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Braxton Ryker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

He didn't say he's holding out on it solely so players can get caught up first. They're waiting on this materia stuff too

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

http://img.finalfantasyxiv.com/t/622...54c0f64c_3.jpg

I'm glad to see they've improved the working conditions for gil sellers.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

I wonder how different a chinese version will be. Might the blood on the Bravura Atma offend their poor delicate sensibilities like skeletons and ghosts do? Oh, the horror!

filthy liars!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deuce Angaar
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Coren View Post
    I await a PM giving me the rundown on this. I don't have crafts leveled, but I've had a hell of a time finding anything stable to sell. At the moment I just run and mine up a few stacks of whatever ores are highest... only to find out they dropped from 100g to 25g overnight.
    Raw materials in this game are probably the most unreliable source of income. There's an over abundance of supply and far too little of demand. So, if you don't craft then as someone else said your time would be better spent spiritbonding or farming myth to sell the new crafting materials.

As for the materia changes, I hope I'm not going to have to redo all of my crafting gear. I assume they didn't provide very much detail in how they would be changing the system?

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Coren View Post
    I await a PM giving me the rundown on this. I don't have crafts leveled, but I've had a hell of a time finding anything stable to sell. At the moment I just run and mine up a few stacks of whatever ores are highest... only to find out they dropped from 100g to 25g overnight.
    Farm myth and sell Saurian Skins, etc. On Hyperion they're ~150k per; probably the most consistent income source that nearly anyone with a 50 character can do. If you're trying to do books for an Animus weapon, there are alternatives like spiritbinding, but you just end up at a relatively equivalent destination when you factor in opportunity cost.

If you have a good group of people and gear/skills, selling Ex / T5 runs is a great money maker as well.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

The irony of him saying "we don't expect that many people will have completed weapons by the next patch" only to move into "we won't be adding more upgrades yet because not enough people have upgraded weapons" is baffling me

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blowfin Jr
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

It is what it is, shit changes. Not as many people completed weapons as they'd estimated. Also given the horrible feedback they've had on the Atma and Book grind (mostly Atma), I wouldn't be surprised if they're scrambling to remove or ease similar stuff they had lined up for us.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I suspect they had a % they expected. And when the true number ended up way under, coupled with the shitstorm that is the OF about it, they changed their tune a bit.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Enygma Xii
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Books are fine. Its easy, time consuming but shows progress, the thing everyone wants. Atma on the other hand could use a bump on droprate.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

The books take longer than the Atma does (people with shit luck included) and mythology farming is significantly more tedious than Atma farming. More than anything I hope the book phase is adjusted, preferably the cost of the books (to like, half of what they are now, or maybe an even 1000 mythology).

Saw this on OF, thought it would be a good place to put it here

They spend more time on PVP sets than they do End Game gear sets...

SE Priorities!

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

I don't understand the complaint.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    The books take longer than the Atma does (people with shit luck included) and mythology farming is significantly more tedious than Atma farming. More than anything I hope the book phase is adjusted, preferably the cost of the books (to like, half of what they are now, or maybe an even 1000 mythology).
    Would be nice, and yes the books take WAY longer then atma farming. People probably just hate the rng aspect, but expect to spend 3-4X the time farming the myths and doing the books compared to what you do for the atma farming.

I think more or less, SE just got lazy to do it and pushed it back with an excuse >.> There are many good reasons, why people won't bother with it, and its pretty obvious why people don't do it (besides the atma farming/myth farming) because of whats already available. Nothing will change if the animus stays Ilvl100 after its "upgrades" either .

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deecup Delight
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    The irony of him saying "we don't expect that many people will have completed weapons by the next patch" only to move into "we won't be adding more upgrades yet because not enough people have upgraded weapons" is baffling me
    Yeah, it is goddamn funny, but not only that, Yoshida is also basically saying: let's fuck over the people who did bother with this animus shit by making them wait another month to get rid of that (let's be honest here) i100 mediocre status. Or people like me, who waited to see the final product before even considering doing this crap, gotta wait too lol. I find this whole ordeal hilarious.

For the people sitting on their animus for another month, I'm sorry for being casual :D

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

If you wanna see the final product you're probably gonna be waiting until June or July for the Zodiac part of the quest to be complete, its uncertain if it will be continued beyond 2.3 but we know it's going to be continuing on at least up until that patch. To me June or July both look like good candidates for the next major patch release given the time from 2.2 until then, with 2.28 being what got left out from this patch... I doubt it will be released near the end of the month and some where in mid-may so their imaginary number gets hit or w/e and they add more sphere map fuck things to coil 1 turn 3.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deecup Delight
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I actually meant just the next upgrade stage. So far I am still going with Yoshida's "we're going to keep relics relevant forever" from waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back. So the "final form" should be when this game goes offline.