1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 19 hours, 16 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 4 hours, 43 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 12 hours, 16 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 21 hours, 43 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blowfin Jr
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Letter from the producer LVI

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...804-23-2014%29

2.25 Featuring:
    - PVP additions and changes
    - New materia system

Anyone got any ideas on what they're doing with materia?

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

i feel even better about neglecting any animus hunting now that it's delayed further

my only guess is the new materia system is for PVP or something to do w/ sphere scrolls for the next Zodiac upgrade

perhaps sphere scrolls will allow you to pass the hardcap on items idc, this is the first i can recall of hearing about a new materia shit, we'll see in a few days regardless

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Part of me is ok with the delay as well, mainly because I've been lazy finishing last 4 books. I don't go out of my way to farm myth just do my dailies and such. Currently have a book on me and almost 1500 myth to use for the next so I'm falling behind on even doing anything.

New materia I hope it isn't a headache to figure out. Long shot but T5 materia lets you go above current stats on gear!? /wishful thinking.

Either that was a ninja edit rocl or I'm way too tired at work thinking of going above gear caps.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

i've been trying to ninja edit in additional thoughts i have after posting instead of quadruple posting to be kind and rewind for fellow forumgoers, it lacks a certain charm of my old posting style BUT HEY MAN WHAT CAN YOU DO

but yes, i desire a way to shatter MATERIA GENKAI NO JUTSU

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

random but think they will make it an option to remove materia to keep for yourself and reuse, or too much of a stretch to assume that could be a change.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Hopefully put in the materia system as I had initally fantasized about when I first heard of it, a la FF7.

So rather than it being a shitty jewelcraft-like system we have currently fished straight from WoW; but applicable only to crafted gear, we'll have a full blown system where it's possible to augment your character via the materia by:

- increasing stats (a no brainer, but it'll be less a priority)
    - increasing effectiveness of ablities (current gear system is very boring and it doesn't look like it'll change anytime soon)
    - adds a unique ability or trait (i dunno, off the top of my head what if a materia allowed you to restore 10 TP if a MRD/WAR's overpower scores a critical?)

It's all dicks and airplanes
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

I think they're just gonna ease the acquisition of them, maybe add some form of slot that allows you to always be spiritbinding something, even in normal gear.

ATM like it or not the prices of a consumable that go at the rate they do, are a bit absurd, and the main reason I say that being the new caps for gathering, crafting being a bit heavier on some stats, and so on. Same time, not terribly useful after a point, especially for battle classes since they will inevitably out-gear anything with materia in it. I'm interested to see what they're doing.

I don't want them to be fuckass expensive as they are, but I wouldn't want to see them going for next to nothing, either.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Partially glad that there isn't any gear that is "enhances this move for x amount" because it goes back to ffxi of having specific gear for situations or only getting specific pieces for jobs like WoW.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

They could give us shitty set bonus's like MP+20 or something like that for wearing more than 2 pieces of high allagan or cashmere or w/e. Give us some sort of unique flavor to the gear other than this piece has crit and its counterpart has skill speed.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

what is wrong with the pricing as is now? so what if its 100k for one. And crafting? even less so, the caps dont need T4 outside the off hand/body. You can max out everything else using T3 and almost never doing forbidden melds with anything higher then a T2

The system is fine, it gives people who don't craft a way to make money too. It also keeps people who dont want to bother making gil out of the system. Seeing as you can macro 2 star items with 100% rate, and even get decently high rates on T3, the gil entrance fee is the only thing that is keeping the market out of being totally flooded. Its already bad as is LOL

as for none crafting? Its also not that bad, you need tons of gil to make a item that is almost as good to a tad better then ilvl100 gear. This is the first time from the start of the game that I feel like the market is working, and people want to change it >.<?

but my bet is that they do gimp it somehow, people with gil are making tons of gil(myself included) and people with little gil that are lazy will complain about it. So its "unfair" and I find it funny, anyone in 3 hours of farming could make a mil as is right now, but most are to lazy. I have a FC member who was pissed that I made like 10mil in the last week. When I told him that like 2mil came from shit he could do he brushed it off and said "I dont want to waste my time with that"

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Any system where you encourage people to pickup their credit card rather than work for it, is what's wrong.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

How are you being encouraged? Im kinda lost, are you talking about RMT? well fuck your i90 gear is shit vs t2 coil, and t1 coil is almost equal to it. If you want to spend RLM on shit that is just a tad better then so be it.

The best top end gear can not be bought with a credit card, just shit that can hold you over.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by dejet View Post
    When I told him that like 2mil came from shit he could do he brushed it off and said "I dont want to waste my time with that"
    I await a PM giving me the rundown on this. I don't have crafts leveled, but I've had a hell of a time finding anything stable to sell. At the moment I just run and mine up a few stacks of whatever ores are highest... only to find out they dropped from 100g to 25g overnight.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Spirit binding is your best friend, everyone needs/wants materia and easy to get done

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by dejet View Post
    How are you being encouraged? Im kinda lost, are you talking about RMT? well fuck your i90 gear is shit vs t2 coil, and t1 coil is almost equal to it. If you want to spend RLM on shit that is just a tad better then so be it.

The best top end gear can not be bought with a credit card, just shit that can hold you over.
    Yeah I'm prolly just a bit pissy today. I think I'm kinda bugged by crafting right now and the price of materia doesn't help.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

You also cannot buy soldiery gear with a credit card and that gear is mostly better than t1 gear anyway.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    i feel even better about neglecting any animus hunting now that it's delayed further

my only guess is the new materia system is for PVP or something to do w/ sphere scrolls for the next Zodiac upgrade

perhaps sphere scrolls will allow you to pass the hardcap on items idc, this is the first i can recall of hearing about a new materia shit, we'll see in a few days regardless
    I'm pretty sure it was mentioned in the last LIVE letter or around that time. They said they're planning to change the materia system completely so it's supposed to be a big change.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indomitable Will
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

"many players have yet to get an animus weapon"- is a stupid reason to delay to release of the next phase of the weapon for another month. same with "we're expanding the methods by which people can receive materials for the next phase"...just release it, if people can get it now, let them do it, if not, they wait until the method expansion...his logic is poor on that decision.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Catering to the 2% that have the time to dump into the current atma/animus grind is the poor decision... which is why they're nerfing it a bit. They have to make a game that a substantial number of their 2mil subs will attempt.

Professional Lurker
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Braxton Ryker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

He stated in the previous letter that animus isn't something your average player will obtain right away. I'm with Indomitable on this, it's just an excuse for it not being ready.