1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 9 hours, 55 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 14 hours, 4 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 2 hours, 55 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 7 hours, 4 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    http://wikicheats.gametrailers.com/i...nce_oculus.jpg

Becareful what you wish for

Spoiler: show
    Last boss involves using a mount with predetermined attacks to smash down the boss. Instance also forces you to use mount to navigate the dungeon. Made people go full retard.
    Line of sight the mage boss?! pfft, just heal through it! *slides off the side* ffffuuuuucccckkkk

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

The guys first time in the instance on his alt will get need and win on the mount too, you forgot that critical bit of info. I had that happen to me too many times, fuck that instance.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    http://wikicheats.gametrailers.com/i...nce_oculus.jpg

Becareful what you wish for

Spoiler: show
    Last boss involves using a mount with predetermined attacks to smash down the boss. Instance also forces you to use mount to navigate the dungeon. Made people go full retard.
    Is that something from 1.0?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Quote Originally Posted by Classikmage View Post
    Is that something from 1.0?
    http://wowpedia.org/Oculus
    Players start by fighting around the rings and then teleport up a short distance in order to choose a drake. These drakes allow you to fight in the air while progressing through the instance. There are three different drakes, each with its own special abilities.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Completely irrelevant to the topic at hand.

I think this flew over everyone's head, but Crystal Tower should extend to and complete on version 2.9 (Or at least interpret that there are at least 4 more CT updates to come):

So, I have a few questions about Crystal Tower. First of all, one thing I noticed that you mentioned in the LIVE show was The Forbidden Land, Eureka. What kind of content are you planning for that?

Yoshida: If you've played FFIII, you might be able to imagine it to some extent. As you play through the Labyrinth of the Ancients, I wonder if you might be able to guess what I mean about Eureka.

Oho... will there be any contents such as legendary weapons that FFIII fans might be expecting?

Yoshida: Well, there will be a proper story, including a test before entering the Labyrinth, like in FFIII. Even after you enter the Labyrinth, I think there are some things which might make you grin.

Regarding the Crystal Tower, right now we can only enter the early turns of the Binding Coil of Bahamut - is this similar in Crystal Tower?

Yoshida: The initial state of Crystal Tower will include four bosses. Once all four bosses are complete, the raid will be clear. You'll get to enjoy more of the Tower in 2.3.

How much content is there?

Yoshida: That's difficult to answer. It will take hard work of 24 people to progress through, so it will depend on whether you get through smoothly or whether you struggle.

Well, for example, the Binding Coil of Bahamut is divided up into five separate turns, is there anything like that for the Crystal Tower?

Yoshida: It's just one. Basically this is like the first tier of the Crystal Tower. The Crystal Tower itself will be a four tiered structure, but the amount of content in each tier is different than the amount of content in one turn of the Binding Coil.

Well, this is planned for 24 people to take 120 minutes, so it seems like it will be the longest content in new FFXIV so far.

Yoshida: Yes, because it's a large dungeon and there are many players involved, we set this to be longer to give extra time for players to discuss strategy.

So this will be about an hour if it goes smoothly? Should we think about it similarly to Amdapor Keep?

Yoshida: It's definitely longer than Amdapor. For four person instance dungeons the path is mid-boss, mid-boss, boss. For Crystal Tower, it's boss, boss, boss, boss... with trap, trap, trap in between.

Oh, that sounds like a lot. I guess it's content that I'll have to wait until I have more time to dedicate on the weekends.

Yoshida: Yes, I think a lot of people will be doing it on the weekends. Either that or maybe you could gather at 10pm on weekdays and go to bed by the time it's over. That's how much content we're planning it to be.
    http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/119...=1#post5981517

So he stated that the tower itself will have four tiers. Spread across the rotating updates, that could mean it will continue until 2.9, or at least continue beyond any pending expansion release, for up to three more updates, not including 2.3.

---

Deviating from that, the expansion for FFXIV will likely be sometime next year, and might be annouced at E3:

So, despite the amount of content in 2.1, you won't be issuing a packaged version?

Yoshida: No, this is just intended to be a patch.

Will you in the future?

Yoshida: Yes, but we're not thinking about that until 3.0. That said, the PS4 edition will include patch content. We're not sure if 2.2 will make cut, but 2.1 will be included.

What's your planned update cycle between 2.1 until the expansion of 3.0?

Yoshida: We're planning two and a half to three months. It's still early to talk about 2.2, but we think we'll be able to deliver on that commitment.

So with 2.1 in December, you expect that 2.2 would be in March, and then additional updates in June, September, and December?

Yoshida: We will try our best to make it so.
    and

So one thing that became common in FFXI for these events was to announce expansion packs... any planned contents for the World Tour?

Yoshida: We think we'll be doing things along the same lines... so I'll leave it up to your imagination.

For the expansion pack, will it be coming out in the second half of 2014?

Yoshida: I don't know if it will be ready that quickly (laughs). For the world tour, though, we want to make sure we have some new information to announce so people don't feel like they wasted their time, so we'll have some material to talk about.
    http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/119...=1#post5981564

It's very interesting when we have all of these translated articles (thanks Slycer!), but we seem to forget information that was teased to us a very long time ago, lol.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yoshida already said a while ago that CT will continue after the expansion is released. There's also supposed to be one last update for Coil given the current information we have unless the final boss is released on its own for whatever reason.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    Yoshida already said a while ago that CT will continue after the expansion is released. There's also supposed to be one last update for Coil given the current information we have unless the final boss is released on its own for whatever reason.
    Yeah, it's pretty well known that CT will persist beyond the expansion. Just pointing it out that we have approx 4-5 updates that will be CT related, including 2.3.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sho View Post
    Yeah, it's pretty well known that CT will persist beyond the expansion. Just pointing it out that we have approx 4-5 updates that will be CT related, including 2.3.
    Then why say it would extend until 2.9? We know (or are being led to believe) the expansion is arriving by the end of this year, with a major patch every 2-3 months the farthest we could get before 3.0 would be 2.6 (in December), and only 2.3/2.5 would be CT expansions.

You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    Then why say it would extend until 2.9? We know (or are being led to believe) the expansion is arriving by the end of this year, with a major patch every 2-3 months the farthest we could get before 3.0 would be 2.6 (in December), and only 2.3/2.5 would be CT expansions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sho
    So he stated that the tower itself will have four tiers. Spread across the rotating updates, that could mean it will continue until 2.9, or at least continue beyond any pending expansion release, for up to three more updates, not including 2.3.
    I knew how I phrased it -- I posted for two possible outcomes. The 2.X series can very well go as far as 2.9. If you re-read the article, Yoshi-P basically states in a reply to the interviewer that the expansion won't be ready anytime this year (as stated "second half of this year"). Also December will not allow for 2.6, considering their 2 and 1/2 to 3 month schedule:

2.3 - June
    2.4 - Sept
    2.5 - December

Lets consider if they don't do an expansion well into 2015. 2.3 and 2.5 would have taken up two more CT updates. That leaves two CT updates to go, if they still follow the wording in the article. That's 2.7 AND 2.9, which would theoretically be around March and May. That's how I came up with 2.9. They could very well throw in the expansion before then, but it would still be two more CT updates.

tl;dr: There's 4 more CT updates to go, including the one that's coming in 2.3. They may be spread along the 2.X series or have 1-2 updates after the expansion. Expansion is likely to be on course for next year.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indomitable Will
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

3 more CT updates...you bolded it yourself, "Basically this is like the first tier of the Crystal Tower. The Crystal Tower itself will be a four tiered structure,"

if it's 4 tiers, and we're in tier 1, then we have 3 more CT updates...that's if the translation is accurate (I know how wonky JP to engrish can be at times)

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

But we arn't in CT yet!

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blowfin Jr
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Is that why it says "Crystal Tower - Labyrinth of the Ancients" when you zone in?

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Nah, I remember that somewhere they said that the bit of CT we've done so far isn't the tower itself.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

it isn't, that's blindingly evident if you've actually completed it since the actual tower is visible through the hole in the final boss room. the real tower doesn't begin until 2.3

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It actually should be obvious if you've ever played FFIII before because it's exactly the same here.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lyn Tah'row
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by blowfin View Post
    Is that why it says "Crystal Tower - Labyrinth of the Ancients" when you zone in?
    I think it just says Labyrinth of the Ancients, doesn't it? (Been a while... )

You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Yeah. We aren't in the tower yet, that alone will span 4 tiers (updates). The purpose of what Yoshi-P was explaining is how he related each update to them being on a sort of "tier" system (in comparison with Bahamut Coil "turns"/multiple mini-fights). That included all of the Labyrinth which he explained to be a "tier" as well.

Quote Originally Posted by gaogaostegosaurus View Post
    I think it just says Labyrinth of the Ancients, doesn't it? (Been a while... )

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teia Rabishu
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

The labyrinth is still before the tower proper. Think of it like we just fought through the front yard. It's the labyrinth attached to the tower (hence the prefix) rather than the tower itself.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I can belive this is even a debate Lol it says it in the storyline that the labyrinths just the area before the actual tower

Remit One (1) Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Qeomash Pandemonium
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Asura

What irks me about it (Coil 1 did this too) was after you finish Acheron, Cid and everyone is like "Hey, cool! There's the tower! Lets go home."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast