1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 5 hours, 42 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 18 hours, 17 minutes
    Last weekly reset was -2 hours, -18 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 11 hours, 17 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
    Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blowfin Jr
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Yeah I can't see Ramuh dropping i95 items. As it stands now, my highest weapons is i95 and I'm 4/9 done with Animus. I'd have very little reason to do the fight, let alone considering any upgrades I might get between now and 2.3

Needs to be at least i100 items to make it relevant really.

We also have plenty of weapon choices at the moment and I'm struggling to see any reason people would care about another weapon option. i105 accesories though? Hell yes.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

We really don't need another set of i100-110 weapons, just pull another Ultima HM and give him two chests, one for waist, one for ring alternative.

And to kick people in the dick to ensure its relevancy, make the oil/sands from T7/8 a rare drop from it.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Primal-themed weapons are pretty much a staple of the game at this point, so Ramuh weapons are going to happen whether they are needed or not (though I agree, we definitely don't need more weapons). I could however see the weapons being the "trash" 100% drop (i95), with a super rare i110 item in place of mirrors (ring/belt/etc).

Hoping they add Oils/Sands to the new CT just so there are more ways to upgrade soldiery gear (even if they're a rare drop that uses up your weekly item).

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

I hope they do another multi element unicorn thing, thunder ice and water would be tits to see.

Remit One (1) Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Qeomash Pandemonium
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Asura

If anyone is doubting Ramuh weapons, look back at this old CT art:

Spoiler: show

Yes, this came out before 2.1. Yes, there are several characters (once you can pick them out) using Leviathan weapons in the art. There is a PLD wearing an Onion Helm stabbing one of the monsters in the mouth with what is probably a Ramuh sword using what is either a Levi or Ramuh shield. (roughly center, top of the pile of players, kinda small). On the right is a Black Mage in the Crimson body using either a Ramuh or Shiva staff; it's big, blue and looks like lightning or ice spikes on top.

Edit: Oh, and I'd imagine they might round out the accessories with belts coming from Gilgamesh EX.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Maybe Genji accessories.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nama Kemono
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I think it depends on if the hard modes of new primals will continue to not drop anything like levi and be there purely for story. If hard mode drops anything maybe they can put ilv90 weapons in it and ex can drop 100 ring belt etc. Either way I don't think the pattern if primals dropping weapons is going to change, it's become an expectation with the player base.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blowfin Jr
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Hoping they add Oils/Sands to the new CT just so there are more ways to upgrade soldiery gear (even if they're a rare drop that uses up your weekly item).
    For sure, it's quite a common sentiment. Plus it makes a heap of sense for various reasons:
    - Gets more people interested in CT. Important when you consider coil2 didn't present the same challenge as coil1, and people will be wanting things to do (even more so) when 2.3 rolls around.
    - Seems like Gerolt's was actually designed for the items to become more available in the future. i.e. it's crazy having a system like that locked behind one set of content, when said content already offers i110 rewards.

But yeah, drop rate would more than likely be quite low. Wouldn't at all be surprised if it's something that only drops from the last chest.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Slycer View Post
    Speculation ftw.

CT2 IL: 100? 105? something else?

Ramuh Ex drops: 105 weapons upgradeable to 110? something else? (IL110 rings or something?)
    I'ma guess that CT2 will drop gear in one of two ways:

1) Straight up drop i105 or i110 gear. i100 is not likely, due to it already being tied to solidery items, items that are upgradable to i110. i105 would be a magic number in this case, as it acts as a middle ground between getting weathered gear and upgrading said gear. I'ma also guess that these i105 items will be AF2.

2) It will drop i100 gear. This gear will be upgradable to i105 or i110 via items that also may drop in CT as well. This keeps it in line with Soildery items already out now.

Ramuh will more than likely drop all types of alternate i110 accessories. That would be ring, wristbands, and earrings. This would keep it in line with the original EX item drops that are supposed to be alternate accessory drops for Turn 1-5. Also electric pony at a crappy rate.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

If neither Ramuh-HM nor Ramuh-EX drop weapons it'd be a first.

We're more than guaranteed to fight him as 'hard' in the storyline a la Leviathan (and Moggle Mog)

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

Ramuh weapons feel like a sure thing. My money is on CT being i100, but iconic-looking. Enough to drive casuals in for upgrades and people who like looking like their Jobs in for glamour.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

As someone who has to do coil in pickup I hope there are some 110 options. But as someone who thinks ct 24 man content is the most miserable experience ever I hope it's level 30 gear.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by barber2006 View Post
    As someone who has to do coil in pickup I hope there are some 110 options. But as someone who thinks ct 24 man content is the most miserable experience ever I hope it's level 30 gear.
    Well you will be able to bring your own 24 man team I believe..

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Well you will be able to bring your own 24 man team I believe..
    They crushed so many dreams of people previously with that lol, I still remember all those optimistic FCs recruiting people for CT only to find that it's not really a challenge anyway, the only challenge is hoping your co-teams don't suck XD

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Qeomash View Post
    If anyone is doubting Ramuh weapons, look back at this old CT art:
    Why had I never seen this art before?!

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Theres a Gilgamesh Ex planned? Hell yes!

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Theres a Gilgamesh Ex planned? Hell yes!
    Surely this will happen sooner or later, but it would be a nice little surprise for 2.3 (I'm guessing most of the major content has already been revealed or at least mentioned).

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

I would like a green chicken minion, please (and a toad).

Remit One (1) Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Qeomash Pandemonium
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm guessing that Greg EX will come this next update simply because...what other Primal-ish fights will they add? 2.2 gave us the Leviathans, Moggle EX, and Gilgamesh. What are we going to get for 2.3, just Ramuh Hard and EX?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Ultima Extreme or they could pop another similar fight for this patch. I highly doubt Ramuh will not drop weapons and it would be silly to have them drop from the hard mode at this point. Unless Ramuh gets three different difficulties (story, hard and extreme) he's going to be like Leviathan.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast