1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 18 hours, 50 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 5 hours, 9 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 11 hours, 50 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 22 hours, 9 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Way back when in one of the interviews, Yoshida said that 2.2 would be unique because it would have not only Leviathan hard/extreme but also Moogle extreme, and indicated that the plan moving forward would be to just have hard/extreme modes of a new primal as they added them. Of course, he may have just been undercommitting to not disappoint anyone. Either way, I'll see if I can find it.

Edit: From an old interview around December:

----

For future primal battles, will more than one degree of difficulty be provided?

Yoshida: In the future, primal battles will be released at the same time. For example, in patch 2.2, we will add both the hard and extreme mode Leviathan battles to the game. We will also be adding the extreme mode King Moggle Mogg XII in patch 2.2, so there will actually be three of these battles added at once in 2.2.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Theres a Gilgamesh Ex planned? Hell yes!
    I would hope so.
    Spoiler: show
    And it'll be EXTREME.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Slycer View Post
    Way back when in one of the interviews, Yoshida said that 2.2 would be unique because it would have not only Leviathan hard/extreme but also Moogle extreme, and indicated that the plan moving forward would be to just have hard/extreme modes of a new primal as they added them. Of course, he may have just been undercommitting to not disappoint anyone. Either way, I'll see if I can find it.

Edit: From an old interview around December:

----

For future primal battles, will more than one degree of difficulty be provided?

Yoshida: In the future, primal battles will be released at the same time. For example, in patch 2.2, we will add both the hard and extreme mode Leviathan battles to the game. We will also be adding the extreme mode King Moggle Mogg XII in patch 2.2, so there will actually be three of these battles added at once in 2.2.
    Yeah, I think they are also undercommiting as well. This allows them to not only stretch their plans for other content, but actually gives them time to figure out what they want to do after Shiva is released.

Going to guess that Ramuh and Shiva fights have been all but done for close to a year now, sans quality checks and battle testing. I'm also going to guess that as soon as Shiva comes, they will have another primal announced by then, even if they have yet to start on drawing the primal itself. Essentially, them not adding both Ramuh & Shiva HM/EX fights at the same time in the next update gives them a 6-9 month headstart on something new, come 2.5.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Well Shiva needs a crystal added somewhere if we're gonna fight her. I wonder if SE will give us a new zone (and beastmen) for it or just plop that shit down on the map somewhere and call it a day.

To add to the speculation train, I'm thinking that CT2 will end up giving us the new AF gear that they teased a while ago, be i100 and also be able to be upgraded to 110 with a Sand. Because fuck making multiple content at the same tier as Coil, right SE?

Remit One (1) Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Qeomash Pandemonium
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Sho View Post
    Going to guess that Ramuh and Shiva fights have been all but done for close to a year now, sans quality checks and battle testing.
    Yup. My guess is that the fights were designed long ago, and the actual implementation is what they did in the last three months. What I think they perfected was the system of "moving earth" that both Leviathan and T7 platforms use. (From a technical standpoint the platforms we're on likely don't actually move and the rest of the world moves around them.)

Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    Well Shiva needs a crystal added somewhere if we're gonna fight her. I wonder if SE will give us a new zone (and beastmen) for it or just plop that shit down on the map somewhere and call it a day.
    I'm pretty sure it was mentioned somewhere that we haven't seen Shiva's beastmen yet. Wouldn't be surprised that we do get a new zone, across the bridge where we fight Gilgamesh. Seemed odd to me they added an entirely new bridge just for that fight if they didn't plan on using it anyway later.

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

wrong thread

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

wrong thread

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Every time anyone makes a mention of anything extreme I just think of.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I think Shiva will be added in a new part of Coerthas that's currently blocked by a wall of ice. It seems to fit with the story of that area and also with the fact that we haven't seen her beastmen around, they've been blocked off for 5 years.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sho View Post
    Going to guess that Ramuh and Shiva fights have been all but done for close to a year now, sans quality checks and battle testing. I'm also going to guess that as soon as Shiva comes, they will have another primal announced by then
    can we stop with Primals or is that attached to the lore that we have to keep getting more?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

There's no necessary reason to continue adding primals aside from the fact that they teased Shiva long ago, and because they haven't finishing representing the elemental wheel (6 elements, 6 primals [excluding moogle]). Shiva+Ramuh would round us out to 6, so it's all speculation beyond that. Though if they were to abandon primals, they would likely continue come up with some other similar boss-only "trials" fights. Given how the Greg fight went, I certainly wouldn't mind seeing them delve into things other than primals.

Professional Lurker
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Braxton Ryker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I don't remember exactly, but didn't they say Bahamut was just one of the Elder Primals? Implying there was more than one and may just be dormant or locked away like Bahamut was. They could take another Coil-ish route after Shiva and I guess after expansion

Road Tinnies
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

edited for table breaking sorry
    Spoiler: show

Obscure angle / image of Ramuh seen on reddit. Think there is some Press event going on in SE HQ today with Yoshida. We all knew Ramuh was coming but im sure they will hold off on Shiva a but further but could be wrong. Also a picture of some Behemoth Mount / Boss reskin was shown possibly for the Chinese launch / release.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I hope his beard attacks like vines

Professional Lurker
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Braxton Ryker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

the beard of legends

Ramuh will drop head pieces, providing everyone with full luxurious beards.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Valacirca View Post
    Ramuh will drop head pieces, providing everyone with full luxurious beards.
    Make is so dev team, make it so.

Speaks in riddles
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Reyd Nalaar
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Draenor

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    I think Shiva will be added in a new part of Coerthas that's currently blocked by a wall of ice. It seems to fit with the story of that area and also with the fact that we haven't seen her beastmen around, they've been blocked off for 5 years.
    http://i.imgur.com/WNqoIt2.jpg
    Current 2.0 map over the original 1.0 map

Plenty of room for a crystal and entire beastman area past that sheet of ice

Professional Lurker
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Braxton Ryker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I completely forgot how huge that map was

Road Tinnies
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Jesus is that to scale... 2.0 Coerthas is so small!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast