• Navigation
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    okay guy I guess
    BG Level

im hopeful (but not counting on) Blops 3 (or whatever treyarch does) being for the new gen only because I've liked the Blopses and don't want treyarchs first noncrossgen to be 2018

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post
    im hopeful (but not counting on) Blops 3 (or whatever treyarch does) being for the new gen only because I've liked the Blopses and don't want treyarchs first noncrossgen to be 2018
    Agreed. I made the mistake of playing Ghosts free multiplayer demo last night. Holy fuck that game is awful. I was doing great and hated every second of it. Wasn't even remotely entertaining imo. So my buddy and I just threw Blops 2 in instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonomaa View Post
    I love how its next gen but its been on a 3 year development cycle. So itll be 2 and a half more years until they are actually next gen only with their development.
    probably the same engine with the same meh textures. they need to just license unreal 4 or idtech5 or source 2 and start from there.
    Not necessarily. While developing you can use PC as a good approximate of Gen4. The question then becomes are you making tech compromises with portability to Gen3 in mind.

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

wait so who is sledgehammer? is this a brand new team or leftovers who made blipblops/mw?

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

wiki
    Sledgehammer Games is an American video game developer, formed in 2009 by industry veterans Glen Schofield and Michael Condrey. The pair formerly worked at Visceral Games and are responsible for the Dead Space video game and its subsequent award-winning franchise. The company is an independent, wholly owned subsidiary of Activision and is based in Foster City, California. This studio is known for co-developing Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 with Infinity Ward.
    and summarizing a longer bit, they were working on a third person spinoff that would be more action-adventure. then infinity ward collapsed and all that shit and activision canned it and got SH to help what was left of IW with MW3, then they started working on Advanced Warfare

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

Ah, so this should be in decent hands. Fuck the haters, IM INTRIGUED

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

depends on how much free reign they were given, I'd be a lot more interested in seeing their original project, but hopefully they are given some room to change the formula here

blax n gunz
    BG Level

This is their flagship IP on next gen. They won't do anything other than play it perfectly safe.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

oh I don't expect anything super drastic, but I'm hopeful that they at least try a few things and that this:
    Condrey explained “This is Call of Duty from the spirit of every thing you loved about it, but it is a different Call of Duty.” Fellow co-founder Schofield added that the change will also have significant impact on modes like multiplayer. “It brings some pretty big experiments to the core mechanics that’ll effect multiplayer and every mode of the game,” he said.
    isn't entirely PR bullshit

100% of everything you hear at this point is PR bullshit. Whether or not the team can deliver on any of those promises is TBD. Also Michael Condrey, that name is a blast from the past. I worked with that guy like 11 years ago.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

yeah, fair enough, but I'm gonna be cautiously optimistic until it actually gets shown off
    edit: and there's a ton of other games this fall, by the time I'm done I'm sure there will be an overall opinion of how the game turned out and if it's worth getting

Onto plan B...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

All that trailer did was get me excited for the next season of House of Cards. Here's to hoping Sledgehammer actually brings this series back to life for the people who have lost interest.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

http://mp1st.com/2014/05/04/cod-adva...ntent=featured
    Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare takes place in the year 2054 after a catastrophic attack that Sledgehammer Games co-founder Michael Condrey calls “a global 9/11.”

Players will dawn the role of Private Mitchell, voiced by video game voice-actor Troy Baker. Mitchell is a United States Marine with an intentionally generic background so that players might relate easier to his character, says the studio. While you won’t hear him speak during any sort of gameplay, Baker’s performance is fully captured in Advanced Warfare’s fully rendered CGI cutscenes that can be viewed in between missions. Sledgehammer intends for story elements and objectives to be laid out clearly and coherently in the game’s single-protagonist campaign, so that players aren’t lost in convoluted, character-swapping plot points.

The game opens in an attack by the KVA, a well-funded network of international terrorists equipped with performance enhancing EXO suits. Mitchell fights alongside Will Irons, a soldier of the private military corporation Atlas, as they fend off the attack on US soil.

Shortly after, Mitchell is confronted by Will’s father and Atlas Corporation head, Jonathan Irons, voiced by actor Kevin Spacey, who offers him a place among the private army. Mitchell accepts and is also equipped with an advanced Atlas EXO suit.

EXO suits can be upgraded during the course of game with new features, says Sledgehammer. Players can boost-dodge, perform super jumps, use zip lines, climb walls with magnetic gloves, cloak themselves with optic camoflauge, and even hover in mid-air.

A “variable grenade” can be “cooked” to switch from a concussive attack to a threat-detector. As seen in the debut trailer, it highlights enemies via your visor’s augmented reality abilities.

While Sledgehammer isn’t quite talking multiplayer, Condrey says, “We’ve had two and a half years to dedicate this team to a full, next-gen experience of Call of Duty multiplayer. You can probably imagine the the possibilities of a lot of the stuff you saw in the single player and how it would apply online.”

Condrey adds that the attention to detail and the plausibility of the future depicted in Advanced Warfare was developed through in-depth research. “There’s a Navy research division out of Darmouth, and they came to us,” he says. “They said, ‘What you guys are showing through Call of Duty are the same things we want to be building.’ It was kind of nice to see the conversation flip around, from us being inspired by military research to the military being inspired by what the games are trying to deliver.”

The studio also wasn’t afraid to look to experts in the film industry as well as other resources. “We brought in experts from production design in movies to experts in the military to scientists and futurists,” says fellow Sledgehammer co-founder Glen Schofield. “People who make predictions and work for the Department of Defense and the Pentagon, and their job is to say, ‘What if another [Hurricane] Katrina happened?’ They have all these plans, and we’d ask them, ‘What if?’”

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

As with all CoD games after MW2 I will wait to see what the reviews and BG posters have to say about it. BG kept me from wasting my money on Ghosts.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

that reminds me, a bunch of RE voice actors have been tweeting about working on stuff lately, might be an RE7 at e3

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

also this was inevitable

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

So...its not next gen only?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

*Next Gen First

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

developed for current gen, and from what I understand it's being ported to lastgen by another studio, possible High Moon or whoever did Titanfall 360