• Navigation
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Caesar Salad
    BG Level

As long as its another studio doing it I guess, but like others have said I will not be fooled again. They gotta put up or shut up come e3 cause I know ghosts left a sour taste in a lot of people.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Wouldn't trust anything shown at E3 or other game expos. As Watch Dogs and Colonial Marines have shown recently, can't really trust what's being shown.

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Another do not trust. If CoD 4 had gamepad support for pc I'd play that still. Hell, still might get it and try xpadder on it.

Doesn't take it for granite
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Call of Duty®: Advanced Warfare is now listed as a preorder with release date of November 4th on Steam.

Ghost didn't inspire me enough for a purchase and if this doesn't pull me back I don't think I'll ever have hope for the franchise again. wtb CoD4 and MW2 era pls

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

fucking lol

i just found out i used to bang the casting director for this game

kevin spacey is a big get, good for her

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

http://mp1st.com/2014/05/10/rumor-ca...ast-outed-imdb
    Tipster Danny has pointed out to us the unofficially confirmed cast of Sledgehammer Games’ Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, due out this November 4.

According to IMDB, here are the actors that will join Kevin Spacey and Troy Baker in their known roles as Atlas Corporation head Jonathan Irons and lead protagonist Mitchell, respectively:

Jonathon Irons (Antagonist) – Kevin Spacey
    Mitchell (Protagonist ) - Troy Baker
    Gideon (Side Character) – Gideon Emery
    Knox – Khary Payton
    Ilana - Angela Gots
    Will Irons (Son of Jonathan Irons) - Paul Telfer
    Joker - Jeremy Kent Jackson
    Kingpin – Matt Riedy
    Ajani or Ade M’Cormack - Adetokumboh M’Cormack
    Cormack - Russell Richardson
    Hades - Shareef Ibrahim

Earlier, GameInformer caught up with Spacey and Sledgehammer Games founders Michael Condrey and Glen Schofield to talk about his role in Advanced Warfare. You can read up on what they had to say right here.

IMDB has also outed Advanced Warfare’s composer who is none other than Harry Gregson-Williams. Gregson-Williams is also doing music for the upcoming Metal Gear Solid: The Phantom Pain and has also previously worked on MGS4: Guns of the Patriots, MGS3: Snake Eater, and MGS2: Sons of Liberty, as well as a number of Hollywood movies.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Why bring in Harry gregson-williams when nobody gives a shit about their music lol. With how prolific the guy is, he can not be cheap to hire.

ExcaliMod
    Paper Towels? Who needs paper towels, Under the sink they go!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Already miss Hanz Zimmer

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hahaha Woooo
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Why bring in Harry gregson-williams when nobody gives a shit about their music lol. With how prolific the guy is, he can not be cheap to hire.
    Activision shits money, I don't think cost is an issue.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    CoD and Battlefield both get high marks for their soundtrack. They're not a pivotal aspect of everyday gameplay but they've certainly endured longer than the games themselves. It's not all eminem and snoop dogg.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

I would have never guessed. Not once have I heard a person go "Yo, I got dat Black Ops OST".

Doesn't take it for granite
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

If we can't have Hans Zimmer at least bring back Big Giant Circles.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Gun Sounds revealed
    (in neither of these videos, that video should be uploaded later today)
    Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare audio director Don Veca has given a new video interview that includes various gun audio samples. Wear earphones for the Spas-12 Shotgun, seriously.

Sledgehammer has confirmed that Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare is getting a special E3 2014 reveal. I’ve written a blog about what absolutely needs to happen on that stage to really get people pumped.

Now, the audio chatter all went down in this GameInformer video interview, and you can hear the new sound effects at around the 2:45 mark.

Veca – whose previous work includes the original Dead Space – said, “Another really important thing, obviously, for Call of Duty are the weapons. Obviously, that’s the thing we have to bring to [the] next level. ‘We have three years, guys. We need to get it together.’”

On how the team looked to Call of Duty’s competitors as a way of advancing its audio, Veca went on, “It’s absolutely always in the back of [our head]. Matter of fact, one of our biggest things we’ve done, we’ve studied the hell out of movies to understand how they’re really getting that focused mix.

“But our competition, and probably the one you’re talking about – we have competition in this industry, absolutely, and we’re constantly monitoring everything they do, playing their games, trying to figure out what they’re doing that sounds great, and also saying, ‘Okay, well, that’s not so great. Let’s – don’t do that, and let’s keep doing what we do really well.’

“Let’s retain what’s useful, and then suck in as much as we can that’s really cool from not just one competitor, but multiple ones.”
    http://www.vg247.com/2014/05/22/call...sounds-fierce/
    http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featur...9-s-audio.aspx <= video can be seen here for the moment

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

CoD Ghosts had attack dogs right? Day 1 if they add attack cats.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

No attack cats no buy

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

WiiU version confirmed

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

@OpTic_NaDeSHoT · May 31
    I can honestly say that @SHGames is now one my favorite game developers after yesterday's trip. Such an unbelievable experience.

@OpTic_NaDeSHoT · May 31
    Visited @SHGames to preview #AdvancedWarfare and I was blown away. It's going to be an amazing year for CoD eSports. Can't wait for 11-4-14!
    same dude called out Ghosts for being garbage, so if he's positive about it, hopefully it means good things

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Same facial tech as James Cameron's Avatar 2

Spoiler: show
    Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare is gracing the cover of Edge magazine this week, and the tome is leading with a new piece of character art which shows off Sledgehammer’s new facial tech, which shares tools used in James Cameron’s Avatar 2.

It follows confirmation that you can now pre-order Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare on PS3 and PS4, giving you the option to pre-load it. Those doing so will be able to play it at midnight on the morning of November 4.

CharlieIntel reports that the physical issue of Edge 268 goes out today, but that subscribers have had early digital access through the week.

Edge writes, “There is no question that this particular Call Of Duty throws up an unusually long list of things to talk about. First, there are its origins at Sledgehammer Games, a studio that contains many of the people who created the first – and best – Dead Space at Visceral Games, and who are convinced that one of the things they can deliver this time around is a coherent, meaningful storyline.

“Then there’s the game’s new facial animation system, powered by technology and techniques that will also be used in the production of James Cameron’s Avatar 2. There is Advanced Warfare’s audio design, whose aim is to replicate not only the sound of letting loose with heavy firearms, but the torso-invading feel of it too.

“And there is Sledgehammer’s broad goal for the game’s visual appearance – photorealism – something it achieves in places thanks to a combination of its new rendering technology, an abundance of data sourced from the real world, and the application of its artists’ expert hands.”
    http://www.vg247.com/2014/06/05/call...2-facial-tech/
    https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...68235269,d.ZGU
    http://www.charlieintel.com/2014/06/...anced-warfare/
    http://www.edge-online.com/magazine/...anced-warfare/