Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare is being ported to PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii U by Transformers developer High Moon Studios after all, with a confirmation that follows rumours on the matter.

UPDATE:

It came from last week’s edition of MCV in which Sledgehammer co-founder Michael Condrey said of the last-gen editions, “In development, you often constrain ideas–whether it’s design ideas or technology solutions–to the lowest common denominator.

“If you develop for all platforms, often it is the weakest platform that can be the constraint. It is the inverse for us with Advanced Warfare, where we have been designing for the highest resources, the highest-powered console generation. It has allowed us the freedom to think bigger and to go after new technologies.”

ORIGINAL STORY:

Speculation regarding High Moon’s role in the latest Call of Duty was triggered by recent piece of recruiting. In one job ad, the developer advertised for staff to work on “a high-profile, first person shooter for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3″. In another, it mentions the Radiant engine, used widely in Call of Duty games to date.

“High-profile” certainly sounds like Call of Duty, and the lack of next-gen platforms suggests the project is a port rather than a whole new game. No projects have been announced for High Moon Studios since Deadpool, and it has traditionally worked on licensed properties only, further tipping the scales of credibility against the possibility of it producing an entirely new IP.

Further arguments in favour of the Call of Duty 2014 port theory include Sledgehammer’s promotion to lead studio now that the franchise has moved into a three year cycle; previously, Sledgehammer was one of Activision’s regular jobbing studios.

Additionally, High Moon saw substantial lay-offs when Deadpool wrapped, suggesting it may have been scaled down from a full production studio to a jobbing team.

We’ve asked Activision for more information.

We don’t know very much about the new Call of Duty. During Activision’s latest financials, the publisher revealed Sledgehammer had joined Infinity Ward and Treyarch, with each studio producing a new Call of Duty every three years, with Sledgehammer powering Call of Duty 2014.

Sledgehammer job ads suggest Call of Duty 2014 will include advanced weather and destruction effects. One leaker has said Call of Duty 2014 is a new Modern Warfare game.

The next Call of Duty is probably due in November, for PC, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One, although we’re not sure about Wii U.
    http://www.vg247.com/2014/06/09/call...#comments-list
    http://www.vgleaks.com/rumor-high-mo...-and-xbox-360/

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

am I understanding correctly that the "brass bullet" is like a camo/paint job? people were flipping out about "preorders getting better gear" and I'm pretty sure that's not the case

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

Sat out on Ghosts, wanted to sit out of BO 2 but caved. Sat out BO1. Proly going to buy this one just for Spacey.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

http://mp1st.com/2014/07/29/report-c...d#.U9fUXGO0vNU
    The two editions, the Atlas Limited Edition for $79.99 USD and the Atlas Pro Edition for $119.99 USD, are similar, with the exception being that the Atlas Pro Edition comes with Advanced Warfare’s Season Pass.

Interestingly, included in the digital content is a multiplayer map based on the fan-favorite Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare multiplayer map, Pipeline. Check out the details on both editions below:
    Atlas Limited Edition – $79.99

The Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Atlas Limited Edition features an extensive array of digital and physical content, designed to prepare you for a new era of combat. Pre-order while supplies last.

Atlas Gorge Multiplayer Map: Atlas Gorge re-envisions the fan-favorite Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare map Pipeline

Atlas Digital Content Pack: Inspired by the Atlas Corporation, the most powerful Private Military Corporation (MPC) in the world, the pack features an array of customized in-game content and more:

Two [2] Weapons – The Bel 27 AR Assault Rifle (this is unclear) and the Atlas 45 AK Pistol
    Atlas Exoskeleton
    Atlas Helmet
    Atlas Player Card
    Five Bonus Supply Drops
    Single Player Exoskeleton Upgrade Token

Welcome to Atlas: Advanced Soldier Manual: The Atlas Corporation Advanced Soldier Manual ensures that new recruits are equipped with the necessary intel to become a tier-one Advanced Soldier with Atlas.0

Collectible SteelBook

Official Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Soundtrack
    Atlas Pro Edition – $119.99

In addition to everything included in the Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Atlas Limited Edition, you will also receive:

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Season Pass: Get four action-packed DLC Map Packs, each delivering a collection of innovative Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare multiplayer content and more.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

couple seconds teasing the multiplayer at the end, full reveal on 8/11

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

official release about the previous info on editions
    http://a.pomf.se/goatsr.JPG

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

Shit looks badass. Only question is PC or PS4.

I am disappointed at how terribly Spacey's voice doesnt align with his lips, and this is an American game.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Expect more Advanced Warfare's, this is a franchise now
    “It’s next-generation, and it’s 40 years in the future. There is really nothing you can borrow. This game had to be done from scratch,” Sledgehammer Games co-founder Glen Schofield told Venturebeat.

“This is really a brand new franchise within Call of Duty. It’s a new intellectual property.”

To be honest, looking at the most recent video for the game, it does look significantly different to previous games. The addition of all this future tech is clearly going to shake up play in the multiplayer game.

We love Glen, but he’s probably a bit tired from doing all this promotional work.

“We want to make sure that people realize it’s not a turn of the crank,” he added.
    http://www.vg247.com/2014/07/30/adva...-call-of-duty/
    http://venturebeat.com/2014/07/29/th...are-exclusive/

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Not real sure if I'm a fan of all the jumping around in MP

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

some highlights from the reveal
    Pick 10 from Blops 2 is back, as Pick 13 (streaks count now)
    Scorestreaks can be modified, at cost of requiring more points to activate it
    Tons of soldier customization, looked like 6+ slots for gear etc
    Base weapons are earned through xp progression
    Alternate custom variants can be received in Supply Drops (think battlepacks from BF4 and whatever they were in ME3) also the soldier gear
    Some streaks have an optional co-op component to them, one shoots and one tags for example
    Exo movement is unlimited, boost jump, lateral dodge, air dashing, and a slam from the air
    Exo abilities deplete a battery, include a brief cloak, a temp riot shield type thing, hovering in the air briefly, etc
    TDM, Dom, CTF, S&D, Hardpoint confirmed, at least two new modes (one is basically Ricochet from Halo 4)
    Preorder to get the "Day Zero Edition" (releases Monday I guess, 2x Exp all day)
    Looks like level cap is 55ish (guessing), no word on prestiging.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

more detailed breakdown available here: http://mp1st.com/2014/08/11/advanced...-scorestreaks/

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

*massive erection*

Pre-ordered on PC with said erection.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Advanced Warfare xbone bundle coming with 1tb HDD, custom console/controller and game

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast