• Navigation
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare: DewAndDoritos Edition (shut up Qbert you're not the boss of me.)

http://mp1st.com/2014/05/01/new-call.../#.U2J9EVcuPAg
    A new Call of Duty era begins on May 4, according to developer of 2014′s Call of Duty title, Sledgehammer games.

The Tweet came out earlier this morning in conjunction with the launch of a brand new teaser site, callofduty.com/new-era.

The website shows nothing more than a count-down timer and a static image likely to be unveiled in three days.

Screen Shot 2014-05-01 at 8.46.42 AM

While it’s hard to make out exactly what’s going on, we do see the Golden Gate bridge in the background of the new Call of Duty logo (featured above), perhaps signifying a San Francisco, Califorina, or West Coast setting.

Also, hidden links within the new teaser site lead to articles mentioning “Private Military Contractors”. There’s one on NYTimes, BusinessInsider, and Wikipedia. Clearly, Sledgehammer is teasing something to do with the private military industry.

Lastly, a new image from GameInformer confirms a futuristic setting for Call of Duty 2014. The soldier, who bears resemblance to the one featured in the very first teased image, is clearly wearing armor – in this case, an exo-suit – and other tech way ahead of our time. The image also portrays noticeably improved visuals.

Check back here May 4 for more on Sledgehammer Game’s next Call of Duty title.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

So by the time 'dudes in futuristic armor' wears out its welcome in the AAA FPS scene we'll wrap back ground to WW2 shooters?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

ww2 shooters with time machines that allow you to take back your futuristic armor and weapons

is this real?

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

war has changed

ExcaliMod
    Paper Towels? Who needs paper towels, Under the sink they go!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Well shit... Thats actually pretty exciting.

ExcaliMod
    Paper Towels? Who needs paper towels, Under the sink they go!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

BTW, i fucking LOOOOOOVE VICE

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by djzombie View Post
    ww2 shooters with time machines that allow you to take back your futuristic armor and weapons

is this real?

lol.... that chart... about the highest ranking corporations... G4S is the security company i work for rofl....

i am in now way shape or form a pmc. Fuck that noise aint getting shot at for nobody... Better be blood related bitches lol

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post

Spoiler: show

The official reveal of the next Call of Duty is imminent. We've seen a screenshot out of Game Informer and have a countdown set to go off Sunday morning. But let's not wait for that.

Word has it via an untitled, "leaked" audio recording that actor Kevin Spacey will play a role in the Sledgehammer-developed title. Variety connected the dots using a visualizer on the audio file to come up with an image that looks like a man holding a weapon. His involvement has since been confirmed. And going off that VICE-produced video about private military companies released earlier today, we know the game's general theme.

Through a trusted source, Destructoid has learned the new Call of Duty, subtitled Advanced Warfare, revolves around a soldier of fortune group run by Spacey's character that has turned on the United States government. As shown in the leaked media attached to this post, players will wear exosuits to jump super high, scale buildings, and cloak themselves. Also, hoverbikes.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Well I do like how they went and released the shit after the leak. More like a "fuck it"

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

if it's gonna be out might as well be official and HD

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Call-Duty-Ad...dp/B00JXELVTI/
    Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, developed by Sledgehammer Games (co-developers of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3), harnesses the first three-year, all next-gen development cycle in franchise history.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare envisions the powerful battlegrounds of the future, where both technology and tactics have evolved to usher in a new era of combat for the franchise. Delivering a stunning performance, Academy Award winning actor Kevin Spacey stars as Jonathan Irons – one of the most powerful men in the world – shaping this chilling vision of the future of war.

Power Changes Everything.

An Advanced World:

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare takes place in a plausible future in which technological progress and today’s military practices have converged with powerful consequences.
    In this carefully researched and crafted vision of the future, Private Military Corporations (PMCs) have become the dominant armed forces for countless nations outsourcing their military needs, redrawing borders and rewriting the rules of war.
    And Jonathan Irons, the founder and president of the world’s largest PMC - Atlas Corporation - is at the center of it all.

An Advanced Soldier:
    Powerful exoskeletons evolve every aspect of a soldier’s battle readiness, enabling combatants to deploy with an advanced lethality and eliminating the need for specialization.
    The introduction of this gameplay mechanic delivers enhanced player movement and verticality through boost jumps and grappling, covert cloaking abilities, and biomechanics that provide unparalleled strength, awareness, endurance, and speed.
    With the advent of the exoskeleton and newly advanced armor and weaponry, every soldier commands tactical freedom in any terrain unlike ever before, fundamentally changing the way gamers play Call of Duty across all modes.

An Advanced Arsenal:
    Harnessing the power of next-gen platforms, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare brings players into the battlegrounds of the future by boasting a new hi-tech, advanced arsenal and ability set, arming players with all-new equipment, technology, perks, and vehicles like hoverbikes and highly specialized drones.
    Players can also choose between standard ammunition and an all-new class of directed-energy weaponry that enables totally new gameplay dynamics.
    And with exoskeletons delivering a massive force multiplier and unprecedented tactical freedom, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare evolves every firefight.

Boring. I want to kill Nazi's again. Obviously EA supports Hitler because why else would they not let us kill him

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

All I want to do is kill some friggin nazis with some friggen laser beams. Is that too much to ask?

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

I read that preview and all I thought about was how, in only description, it sounded a lot like titanfall with out the titans lol. I'm not being fooled by this franchise no more!

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

release
    Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Boosts Franchise to New Heights on the Next Generation

The power of the next generation of advanced soldier. The power of a gripping performance from Kevin Spacey. The power of all-new, exoskeleton gameplay mechanics. Power changes everything. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare delivers an inspired new era of Call of Duty. Published by Activision Publishing, a wholly owned subsidiary of Activision Blizzard, and developed for next gen consoles and PC by Sledgehammer Games, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare delivers a breathtaking, new vision for the blockbuster franchise.

"We've made several key decisions with an eye towards creative excellence on Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare. We've really approached this game differently," said Eric Hirshberg, CEO of Activision Publishing. "This is our first three-year development cycle. It's our first time with Sledgehammer Games at the creative helm. And we're shaking up the formula in several ways. New core gameplay mechanics with the exoskeleton suit. A riveting new story. An iconic new character played by one of the world's best actors in Kevin Spacey. We're having a lot of fun making this game, and we think the world is going to have even more fun playing it."

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare jolts players forward in a groundbreaking experience that's ripped-from-the-headlines-of-tomorrow, envisioning a future where both technology and tactics have evolved to usher in a new era of combat for the franchise. Set in the year 2054, a private military corporation (PMC) has emerged with the power to rescue humanity from a devastated world struggling to rebuild after a global attack on its military and infrastructure. You are the advanced soldier. Empowered with new, cutting-edge exoskeleton abilities, technological advancements and high-tech gear, players join the ranks of a highly-trained, specialized unit committed to restoring order in a state of advanced warfare.

"It's been a lot of fun working with the team to bring Jonathan Irons to life. The technology is truly remarkable and unlike anything I've done before. I'm excited to see where this goes," said Academy Award winner Kevin Spacey.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare is being developed specifically for next gen consoles and PC. This is the first iteration of publisher Activision's expanded three-year development cycle allowing the debut lead title from Sledgehammer Games an added year of studio development. With the expanded production capabilities, Sledgehammer Games is able to create an astonishing new, next generation experience, featuring an array of technical advancements from the sights and sounds that create a near photorealistic world unlike any Call of Duty before, to new performance capture and facial animation technologies that deliver lifelike characters, to a rich and immersive story that brings the fiction to life.

"This is an opportunity of a lifetime, and an honor for Sledgehammer Games. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare is the most ambitious and creative project we have ever worked on. From the endless research and thousands of production designs, to our incredible focus on the narrative and amazing attention to detail - we're taking nothing for granted," said Glen Schofield, co-founder and game director of Sledgehammer Games. "Call of Duty connects with the fans on such a deep level, and crafting a new vision for the next generation has been so inspiring for us."

Michael Condrey, co-founder and studio head of Sledgehammer Games added, "Glen and I created this team with the singular vision of delivering the best work of our lives. We know we're stepping into some pretty big shoes, but every day I'm amazed at the talent and focus at work here touching everything from the story experience to multiplayer. We're excited to lead the next chapter in this great franchise, and we can't wait for November 4th."

Starting today, fans can begin pre-ordering their copy of Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare at retail outlets worldwide. The title is scheduled for release on November 4.

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Not being fooled again!

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

I love how its next gen but its been on a 3 year development cycle. So itll be 2 and a half more years until they are actually next gen only with their development.
    probably the same engine with the same meh textures. they need to just license unreal 4 or idtech5 or source 2 and start from there.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast