1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 3 hours, 4 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 20 hours, 55 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 20 hours, 4 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 13 hours, 55 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Thread: ACT question     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Pay No Attention to the Man Behind the Curtain
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ragns Meuhie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

ACT themselves say you must give it full access to everything forever for network parsing to work.
    In order to read network data, ACT must be started using the windows “Run as Administrator” feature.

It also must be provided permissions by Windows Firewall if it is enabled. This can be done by going to Control Panel -> Windows Firewall, and clicking the “Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall” link on the left.

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

yea, i did all that, still doesn't work without checking that box, idk

it works "fine" if I check it, it just doesn't seem to pick up wildfire, might be missing other stuff too, idk but my parses have usually been the same as other people, except for on mch now

Quote Originally Posted by Judai View Post
    Hmm, it doesn't seem to work at all with it unchecked, and I run as admin and gave it firewall permissions. Is there something else I'm missing for it to work?

I hit test game connection with it checked and unchecked and it says everything is available as well.
    Your firewall is blocking it, add an exception for act or disable it.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by lilbubbles View Post
    Your firewall is blocking it, add an exception for act or disable it.
    I disabled and it works, apparently win doesn't want to let me give an exceptions to specific programs.

edit: I re-installed and re-added it to firewall exceptions and it works now, idk what was going on but thanks for the replies everyone

After heavensward came out I've been unable to use TPMonitor and Specialspelltimer, apparently they can't interact with FFXIV plugin correctly and they think I am not logged in.

Same goes for Specialspelltimer, my tickers and stuff doesn't appear but when I click on "display overlay even if FFXIV is not running" they pop up, which means it thinks I am not logged in as well.

I don't know if it's still necessary but did you install the TP plugin following these steps?

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/120...=1#post6264101

Thanks, I am a retard. Basically I kept my updated ACT plugin in another folder and loaded it from there, while my old ACT plugin was in the ACT folder. Now that I moved the updated one there it works fine.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I'm new to using ACT and I'm running into a problem(most likely user error on my part). I was trying to change the mini log parse to not look like a black box and make it exactly like what was shown in the earlier pages 6-9 I think.

I download the rainbow mage overlay, enable the .dll plugin, everything looks fine. But when I open the parse window, it looks like the default black box mini parse. I even downloaded various build files, enable the corresponding overlay .dll and nothing changes. I've been putting the unzipped folders in the ACT main folder

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

act mini parse is not the same as rainbowmage, you have to go into the separate rainbowmage overlay plugin settings tab and enable it

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

act mini parse is not the same as rainbowmage, you have to go into the separate rainbowmage overlay plugin settings tab and enable it
    How? On the overlay plugin.dll tab, under mini parse tab, show overloy is checked.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

still getting some fights were Wildfire isn't picked up, and it's like that for several people I know, not a network parsing issue, since I fixed that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgameshx View Post
    How? On the overlay plugin.dll tab, under mini parse tab, show overloy is checked.
    not sure, maybe it's in a weird spot and needs to be reset/moved, or you didn't select a proper url for the miniparse layout maybe, there are several posts in here on exactly how to do it, and also this act guide.

http://guidescroll.com/2015/03/ffxiv...-plugin-guide/

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

still getting some fights were Wildfire isn't picked up, and it's like that for several people I know, not a network parsing issue, since I fixed that.

not sure, maybe it's in a weird spot and needs to be reset/moved, or you didn't select a proper url for the miniparse layout maybe, there are several posts in here on exactly how to do it, and also this act guide.

http://guidescroll.com/2015/03/ffxiv...-plugin-guide/
    Thanks. I downloaded framework 4.5.2 and I'm seeing if visual studio helps.

Also just to update, the miniparse.html in the resource folder shows up as "no data to show" when I double click.

Anyone noticed if ACT picks up combat happening in the boss arena when you're sucked away in A4?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

It does. It picks up damage done by the ones that get quarantined as well. Not exactly sure how far away you get sucked up but it's still within bounds.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Two people on the OF forums (no idea if they are right or wrong) is saying the following:

Quote Originally Posted by Waliel
    E: It appears there is a bug with ACT and Thunder ticks. No matter what level of Thunder you use -- whether it's a TC proc or not -- ACT will only show and calculate damage for six ticks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleigh
    Tested it myself now, you're right, TC T3 damage is definitely 390 potency. Dang.
    Quote Originally Posted by Waliel
    What I'm saying is that ACT assumes Thunder, regardless of level used, always has six ticks and will only parse six ticks worth of damage. That is true for T1, but T2 has seven and T3 has eight. You're losing damage on your parses every time your TC goes on for longer than 18 seconds. With perfect Thunder uptime, you'd lose 5 ticks per minute, or 200 potency worth of damage in ACT parse against single target -- a loss of around 25-30 DPS if you were parsing 1300.
    Figured i'd pass along the info in case it amounted to something

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Is there anyway for ACT to automatically start a new encounter when the "Area will be sealed off in 15secs" message appears?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by AkiyamaShinichi View Post
    After heavensward came out I've been unable to use TPMonitor and Specialspelltimer, apparently they can't interact with FFXIV plugin correctly and they think I am not logged in.

Same goes for Specialspelltimer, my tickers and stuff doesn't appear but when I click on "display overlay even if FFXIV is not running" they pop up, which means it thinks I am not logged in as well.
    Those icons in the middle of your page, I've seen people using them instead ot actually saying "Ninja" or "Bard" on screen, but whenever I start ACT with rainbowmage everything is spelled out, how do you get it to convert from full name to job icon?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Just wondering if anyone is looking into why ACT is so bad with Wildfire? Some runs it gets them all, some it misses them all, some it gets a few and misses a few, it's pretty annoying to look at my DPS and see it missed 8-24k dmg in Wildfire for me

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Anyone have traslated or an update screenshot translation of MPTimer?

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Is there a macro/keybind or whatever to tell ACT to end the current encounter, without having to tab over to ACT and hitting the end counter button? I've looked all over and just can't seem to find an answer. I looked on the ACT website and it says there's a line-based command ("/act end") but that doesn't work at all, and I think is only meant for EQ2.