1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 6 hours, 40 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 17 hours, 19 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 23 hours, 40 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 10 hours, 19 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: ACT question     submit to reddit submit to twitter

I could also do without the noticeable and sometimes extreme stuttering it causes the game whenever is starts a new timer....

When doing Suiton+TA and starting 2 timers in quick succession my game practically shits itself for a couple of seconds.

Also neither of the above were causing the duplicate timer issue, I'm still getting random duplicate Mudra/Huton/Trick attack/etc. timers that are each 1s off eachother.

Something somewhat similar happened to me with Bloodbath, I got a new Bloodbath timer everytime I gained health from every hit, or vengeance got new timers everytime I reflected a hit.

Btw Roric, I've been changing up my layout, managed to get it kind of similar to yours, but you seem to be able to get the entire window filled in the color of the background and the line of name and dps is "highlighted", how do you achieve this?.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I've been super busy the past few days, so it took me a bit longer than I had expected to get it (mostly) finished. I still need to go through and delete a bunch of stuff I have commented out, but I should have a download link for it later this morning. Sorry for the wait!

Preview:
    ht tp://imgur.com/djNuKx5

amadouche: I was going to post the necessary edits to make it look the way I did, but I think it'll be easier for you to just take a look at the layout once I upload it later today. Take from it what you will and make it your own. Really liking this new overlay so far.

My ACT has been uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times. Updated and patched etc.

For some reason my parser correctly records everyone elses data but my own. I am always somewhere between 20-50 DPS lower on my parser, than on everyone elses'.

I am trying to figure out why this may be the case. I notice it more when I'm playing NIN or MNK is when it's larger. When I am playing WAR it is not nearly that bad.

What may be causing my parser to make me always underperform on my own parser but on everyone else's parser it is normal. (I had like 5 people parse with ACT one time just for comparison sake)

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

You made sure you have a chat tab with all of your stuff unfiltered? Such a big discrepancy could be something as silly as your own auto-attacks being filtered.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax View Post
    You made sure you have a chat tab with all of your stuff unfiltered? Such a big discrepancy could be something as silly as your own auto-attacks being filtered.

Thanks for the response!
    which does it pull from? Battle tab chat log or General tab log? I just assumed all that information went into the memory anywho so I can experiment with this as well once I get off work.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Doesn't matter which tab, doesn't even need to be visible. I just have a second Battle tab with everything unfiltered that I can't see.

Dragoon Enthusiast
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dathus Tomar
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Derpface here, so here we go!

I've installed/uninstalled/reinstalled ACT multiple times and I've not been able to get the parser itself to record. I can get the overlay working for mob HP, but that's it. I install, add in the FFXIV plug-in and just..nothing. I have the XIV and ACT folders set to not Read-Only, so I don't believe that's my issue. It sometimes even shows me in the incorrect zone(I.E: In Mist while I'm in Thousand Maws).

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Renavi Silenas
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Dathus View Post
    Derpface here, so here we go!

I've installed/uninstalled/reinstalled ACT multiple times and I've not been able to get the parser itself to record. I can get the overlay working for mob HP, but that's it. I install, add in the FFXIV plug-in and just..nothing. I have the XIV and ACT folders set to not Read-Only, so I don't believe that's my issue. It sometimes even shows me in the incorrect zone(I.E: In Mist while I'm in Thousand Maws).
    Is it allowed in your Windows Firewall? There was an update not too long ago that forces you to add it there if it wasn't already.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Along with the firewall thing, you have to run it in Administrator Mode.

Quote Originally Posted by LinktheDeme View Post
    Thanks for the response!
    which does it pull from? Battle tab chat log or General tab log? I just assumed all that information went into the memory anywho so I can experiment with this as well once I get off work.
    Checked, nothing is being filtered in the log.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

A bit late, but here it is. Just keep in mind that I have not had the time to fully test it, so make sure you make a backup of your miniparse layout. Feel free to let me know of any bugs you may find with it and I'll do my best to iron them out. I also took the time to comment the file so you can easily find the changes I made to add the background, border, etc. I didn't have time to PM an admin about getting the ability to post links, so sorry again for the spaces in the URL.

Head to dropbox and add the following:
    /s/zyrspga7s67pgt2/miniparse.html?dl=0

If anyone with the ability to post links would like to repost it for me, that would be greatly appreciated.

Dragoon Enthusiast
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dathus Tomar
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Siren

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zyrspga7s6...arse.html?dl=0

Quote Originally Posted by Renavi View Post
    Is it allowed in your Windows Firewall? There was an update not too long ago that forces you to add it there if it wasn't already.
    Well, shit. That'd do it. Added it to my Firewall, didn't get a chance to check it because of company Christmas party, but will see tonight. Thanks.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

So can anyone provide the icon filename for Limit Break? I tried Limit Break.png but that didn't work.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    So can anyone provide the icon filename for Limit Break? I tried Limit Break.png but that didn't work.
    The filename is fine, probably just need to edit the miniparse.html so it knows what to look for. From looking at the updated miniparse.html that was going around, it seems they just defined the {JobOrName} token to replace {Job} then added Limit Break as one of the variables in it.

Finally got the overlay to look how I want it and the spellcast timer. So glad especially in light of the API not coming out until 3.1ish.

API's never gonna be able to do anything we want it to do anyway.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hitome Naoki
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Edit: Never mind. It can be found here:

http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/commen..._icons/cmvxpdu

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zettai Ryouiki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Go into miniparse.html and change /icons/{Job} to /icons/{JobOrName}.

For the truly lazy:

https://mega.co.nz/#!egQgmJ4I!s0S78Z...cfBWcw9vmU9fWM

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hitome Naoki
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Ezek View Post
    Go into miniparse.html and change /icons/{Job} to /icons/{JobOrName}.

For the truly lazy:

https://mega.co.nz/#!egQgmJ4I!s0S78Z...cfBWcw9vmU9fWM
    It will not matter if you do not have the limit break icon in your resource folder...

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zettai Ryouiki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Quote Originally Posted by HitomeOfBismarck View Post
    It will not matter if you do not have the limit break icon in your resource folder...
    https://mega.co.nz/#!vwJShZxY!0eMRZX...rmgU2HHUY90Jcc

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast