1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 14 hours, 39 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 9 hours, 20 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 7 hours, 39 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 2 hours, 20 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: ACT question     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Hi guys i'm Having some Issues with my spelltimer
    The ''One Point Telop" Isn't working because i'm a French player and i Have my Game in french language (don't rly want to switch in english only for that p_p)
    So what did i need to change in french to make the One Point Telop working
    Dunno Why the ''Special Spell Timer'' Work correctly (The one with the Bar and the name of the spell on it) but the One Point Telop (with the timer on the spell) Don't work

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

After watching Roric modification I decided to do the modification in EQ2 ProfitUI style. Spending a few days learning html from the beginning, and then after making many small additions in default miniparse I finally finished.

ht_tps://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_NbsOoPxW8BVE9hZUFWVW01MEk/view

In this modification incorporates many html settings, hopefully they will help someone. Also glad to have found this site to create gradient fills.

ht_tp://ww_w.colorzilla.com/gradient-editor/

PS can't post direct links with 1 message, delete underlines

now it looks like ht_tp://i.imgur.com/ucW5Fta.jpg

SpecialSpellTimer update with English translation!

Yay.

https://github.com/anoyetta/ACT.Spec...ses/tag/v1.4.0

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ellatrix Reatori
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Having an issue where ACT does not obey Win8 volume mixer. It will just reset it to 100% whenever a trigger plays. Is there a fix for this or do I just need to lower the global volume?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zettai Ryouiki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Anyone else having issues with ACT post patch? Getting this when I hit test game connection (allowed through firewall already):

http://puu.sh/eNb9v/7599de03d1.png

edit: nevermind, there's a new version up on the github.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lady Chance
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I saw that a new version of the ffxiv parser plugin has been released.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    SpecialSpellTimer update with English translation!

Yay.

https://github.com/anoyetta/ACT.Spec...ses/tag/v1.4.0
    The translation is nice, however, since updating from v1.3.2, I now can't set my screen update interval setting below 10ms which is making my timer lag quite a bit. Tried rolling back, but that isn't working either ._.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sunnlona Iyrnlohwyn
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Is anyone able to translate the MPTimer options?

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Screenshot of MPTimer translated: puu.sh/eTYaV/1c5eaf7a6c.png

You can download (mediafire.com/download/qjuye5u19f7acp9/ACT.MPTimer.rar) the english translation of MPTimer but it's old and has a few glitches. Better to get the most recent release and figure it out based on the above screenshot.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sunnlona Iyrnlohwyn
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Excellent, thank you. Not sure if I am missing a language pack or something but in the Job dropdown, everything is just squares. All the other Japanese labels are properly displayed though.

Here is the above as a link: http://puu.sh/eTYaV/1c5eaf7a6c.png

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Hey guys i still have some problem with My special spell timer.
    I have switch my game into english language because the Tickers wasn't working in French but they still didn't work in English too if someone could help me with all this shit it'll be very nice p_p

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

In terms of parsing, what do people have their settings set to? I'm wondering if my parser is "off" since when I compare it to others we get different results. I'm assuming it might be because of how long I have my delay set before it automatically ends the encounter, but wondering if there's another attribute or two that could affect my results.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    In terms of parsing, what do people have their settings set to? I'm wondering if my parser is "off" since when I compare it to others we get different results. I'm assuming it might be because of how long I have my delay set before it automatically ends the encounter, but wondering if there's another attribute or two that could affect my results.
    If you are concerned about the encounter timeout setting affecting your results, just compare the encounter durations as well. If they are within 1-2 seconds of yours, then your timeout is fine and the discrepancy is something else. Note that the encounter timeout setting does not affect DPS itself - the encounter time does not keep ticking until it hits the timeout number. Instead, it represents the number of seconds from the last combat action to wait before finalizing the ACT encounter. The duration of the encounter is measured from the first combat action to the last combat action.

There is one major problem with the plugin when parsing from memory - Warrior heavy swing, and to a lesser extent some other abilities on War & Nin may get lost when you are playing those two classes yourself. This is due to the data disappearing from memory before it can be read by the plugin. Network parsing fixes this problem, which is why I added it even though it is a bit more complex to set up. If you're not using it, then I recommend you switch to it if you are able.

As for your specific question, it depends on the encounter. If there is a gap of 15 seconds in the middle of it, then your encounter timeout must be at least 17-18 seconds to be sure that ACT doesn't think the combat has ended. many people set it to 30 seconds for big fights, and reduce it to 5-10 for shorter zones.

You can always re-import an old log file using the ACT Import tab (not historyDB!) after changing your encounter timeout to see how it affects each encounter. The only other settings I can think that would affect parse comparisons would be combine-pets-with-owner and the "disabling combat log" option if you are parsing from memory (not network). Also, make sure the other people are in fact running ACT and not some other parser, since they each have varying degrees of accuracy.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Ravahn, would ya remind me why HistoryDB is bad and how I can best archive/import past encounters? Every now and then I like to pull out, say, some old t9 practice parse and show people where they should be performing...

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

You can save ACT files by going to Import/Export > Export an *.act File and save the ACT somewhere. You'll also always have access to past log files via import Log File unless you delete them.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Celadin View Post
    Ravahn, would ya remind me why HistoryDB is bad and how I can best archive/import past encounters? Every now and then I like to pull out, say, some old t9 practice parse and show people where they should be performing...
    So, the FFXIV plugin takes memory and network and chatlog data and stores it into text files. ACT reads these files as if they were generated by the game, and sends them back to the plugin to parse them one-by-one. The plugin is able to see a sequential stream of data.

When you use historyDB, it doesn't import the full file, but I think it instead jumps to the timestamp around where the encounter starts. In most cases there is some important information before the encounter starts - the primary player identifier, a list of combatant names / jobs / levels, and active buffs. HistoryDB should import regular combat activity fine, but without this information the DoT simulation will not be as good. I haven't tested it recently though, maybe the DoT changes in December have improved it a lot.

The best way to re-parse old data is to identify the file containing the data - it has the date/time in the filename at least - and use the ACT import tab to load the whole file. This should produce a nearly identical result to what you saw when you originally parsed it, with some extremely small variation due to DoT ticks (there's a rounding effect that produces up to +- 1 damage difference on each tick, depending on the amount of rounding).

.Act exports are generally very good for reviewing old parses, if you want to export key encounters. I don't use them at all because I prefer to work with the raw data, you can re-import with different encounter timeouts for example, and changes to the plugin continually improve the parse quality so it is better to re-import than to export.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Jubei'Thos

I find historyDB works fine if I also import the encounter right before and right after what I'm trying to retrieve, but yeh as you say if you only import what you are trying to retrieve it often doesn't work - this might be a bit easier than finding the exact log file you needed.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ravahn View Post
    If you are concerned about the encounter timeout setting affecting your results, just compare the encounter durations as well. If they are within 1-2 seconds of yours, then your timeout is fine and the discrepancy is something else. Note that the encounter timeout setting does not affect DPS itself - the encounter time does not keep ticking until it hits the timeout number. Instead, it represents the number of seconds from the last combat action to wait before finalizing the ACT encounter. The duration of the encounter is measured from the first combat action to the last combat action.

There is one major problem with the plugin when parsing from memory - Warrior heavy swing, and to a lesser extent some other abilities on War & Nin may get lost when you are playing those two classes yourself. This is due to the data disappearing from memory before it can be read by the plugin. Network parsing fixes this problem, which is why I added it even though it is a bit more complex to set up. If you're not using it, then I recommend you switch to it if you are able.

As for your specific question, it depends on the encounter. If there is a gap of 15 seconds in the middle of it, then your encounter timeout must be at least 17-18 seconds to be sure that ACT doesn't think the combat has ended. many people set it to 30 seconds for big fights, and reduce it to 5-10 for shorter zones.

You can always re-import an old log file using the ACT Import tab (not historyDB!) after changing your encounter timeout to see how it affects each encounter. The only other settings I can think that would affect parse comparisons would be combine-pets-with-owner and the "disabling combat log" option if you are parsing from memory (not network). Also, make sure the other people are in fact running ACT and not some other parser, since they each have varying degrees of accuracy.
    I see. I should get the other FFXIV parser at some point and compare how different they are.

Anyway, is there a way to modify the clipboard data of a parse so it displays properly in XIV instead of only printing the first line?

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Spoiler: show

BG Level

Awesome, thanks.