+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Black Bullet     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Black Bullet

Summary: In the year 2021, mankind was decimated by the epidemic of Gastrea, a parasitical virus, and is forced to live within Monoliths, which are created from Varanium: a metal that is able to subdue Gastrea. Soon, the "Cursed Children", children born with the Gastrea virus who are able to control it, which gives them superhuman abilities, are discovered. Due to the Gastrea virus' intervention, the Cursed Children could only be female. Civil Securities are formed to specialize fighting against Gastrea, operating with the pair of an Initiator, who are cursed children, and a Promoter, serving to lead the cursed children. Ten years after the epidemic, Rentarō Satomi, a high school student who is also a Promoter in his childhood friend Kisara Tendō's Tendō Civil Security, along with his Initiator Enju Aihara, receives a secret mission to prevent the Tokyo Area's destruction.

-----

This isn't bad, even with all the blatant pandering with lolis enough fucked up shit happens that I'll keep on watching. The animation is good and while the characters or story aren't great, it still could get better. Of course, I haven't read the manga which I heard covers a lot more things.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Episode 5

Spoiler: show
    Season 2 started off pretty great with episode 5 of Black Bullet. We have cameos from Krusty and Chaika.

We even had some yuri action.

Seriously though, the pacing was a lot better. I hope they keep it that way.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Episode 7

The fight scene with Tina was pretty awesome. Episode wasn't bad except for

Level 98 super gastrea child controlling drones with her mind? No problem for Rentaro. 2 of Krusty's scrub underlings holding Rentaro down? Can't possibly win.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

That pissed me off so much as well.

You just kicked someone through multiple floors, but you can't break out of some crappy hold by some crappy lackeys? Bullshit.

I've enjoyed the plot overall, the characters a bit, and the lolis. But it feels like they're screwing up some pacing and apparently skipping stuff. I might pick up the manga because of the show or something.

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

This is sort of explained in the novels when they go over Tendo style martial arts. They are like the ripple in Jojo. You have to assume a particular stance and go through motions with precision to pull off anything special. Meaning that if he's restrained he can't do anything that a normal guy couldn't do.

Aside from the fact he has superhuman augmentations, but maybe he was just gassed.

Still, beats up lolis just to rescue and befriend them. Based MC.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Aside from the fact he has superhuman augmentations, but maybe he was just gassed.
    See, if they had simply used some internal dialog or simply showed him being pooped better, it'd be fine in my eyes.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Rentaro just traded Enju in for an upgraded model lol.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Nah

She officially becomes Kisara's Initiator later on. She does pretty much only fight with him though lol

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Just watched episode 10. Holy shit, so sad right now . I knew this show wasn't going to shy away from the dark side of things.. but man... ; ;

I've added the LN to my backlog, this deserves to be read. If more than the first volume was translated I'd be reading it right now.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Kisara went full Yuuno in that ending. Onii-san thought he was OK, but got killed by lag.

This show was pretty decent. Hopefully it gets a second season.

Pro's Pet
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Idk, I was expecting more. I think it lacked climax, the final battle didn't really build up to the right tension you expect in an action genre.

Quote Originally Posted by Seha View Post
    Idk, I was expecting more. I think it lacked climax, the final battle didn't really build up to the right tension you expect in an action genre.
    Yeah, felt more like a mid-season finale than an actual one though I suspect there might be a season 2 considering barely anything happened.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

The pacing was all over the place. The show started out strong, then hit a finale like climax in episode 4 when he fought Kagetane.

The actual fight with Aldebaran in the finale was really weak. There were a bunch of things that were just there to create drama.

If you can remotely monitor the bomb, why can't you remotely trigger it?

Why are you using batteries to power such a large light source instead of some kind of generator? Etc.

I still think the show was pretty decent.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

The fuck happened in that episode, lol.

Set up superhuman lolis as the only way to combat Gastraea, claim humanity was doomed before. But wait, this guy and Kagetane are exceptions. It's because of the cybernetics, we swear!

And then here we have a diabetic swordswoman and some random martial artists jumping over buildings and throwing Dragon Ball Z punches like it's no big deal.

Then this new guy, who's been in the show for like four episodes and had all of his backstory cut from the anime die with absolutely no foreshadowing whatsoever. Cool, I guess.

And just like that, 10 minutes into the episode, the entire conflict is over. Almost no closure. Hardly any build up. Just done. No closure at all for Kagetane.

Then Kisara has a Sasuke moment and we end the season with absolutely no closure at all. See you for Season 2! Oh wait, there isn't one.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Well of course your not going to get closure for people like Kagetane. Their story isn't over yet. This was an adaptation of the light novels, not a self contained story. A majority of anime is made with the purpose of getting people to pick up the source material.

The pacing was really shit though. I liked everything besides the pacing and how much stuff they cut out. Really hoping the translations pick up so I can read the LNs.

Pro's Pet
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Best part was like halfway through the show when he had to use the ultimate weapon to save humanity..shit they forgot to load bullets in it! Lol.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Also, I didn't expect them to actually have kitty die. She was the bestest loli designed there.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I expect closure because of the situation with the series. They said they have no plans for a second season. If this is the case then just give it an original ending and be done with it. It's shit, but this is even more shit.

Endings that only advertise the source material are fucking awful. Especially like this.

Pro's Pet
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

What..really no second season? That's even worse then >_>

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I expect closure because of the situation with the series. They said they have no plans for a second season. If this is the case then just give it an original ending and be done with it.
    Fuck that. Those are the worst. Going against the source material, and forever dooming the chance of a second season ever happening. Why would anyone ever want that willingly. Frankly I think you only have yourself to blame for expecting closure on everything. This was an anime based on a LN from the get go. You got closure for the arc itself, but the story isn't finished.

Endings that only advertise the source material are fucking awful. Especially like this.
    It wasn't an ending specifically made to advertise the source material. Anime itself is an advertisement for the source material. The ending being where it was would have been fine if they didn't skip material and had more episodes to work with, but they rushed the story too much. (It was mostly Tendo's scenes that were cut, after all.)