+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mushishi (Season 2)     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Mushishi (Season 2)

Summary: The story features ubiquitous creatures called Mushi (蟲?) that often display supernatural powers. It is implied that there are many more lifeforms more primitive than "normal" living things such as animals, plants, fungi and bacteria, and Mushi is the most primitive of all. Due to their ethereal nature most humans are incapable of perceiving Mushi and are oblivious to their existence, but there are a few who possess the ability to see and interact with Mushi. One such person is Ginko (ギンコ?), the main character of the series. He employs himself as a Mushi master (蟲師 mushi-shi?), traveling from place to place to research Mushi and aid people suffering from problems caused by them. The series is an episodic anthology in which the only common elements among episodes are Ginko and the various types of Mushi. There is no overarching plotline.

-----

How have I not heard about this before? I need to find season 1 quickly because this show is amazing. Looks incredible, great sound/music and storytelling.

YUS

When Doe?

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Anytime I get so sick all I feel like doing is lying down and taking it easy, I put on season 1 of this show. It's a bit of a tradition for me at this point. It's the best combination of calming, deep and interesting. The pace is slow and yet, the storytelling is so good it'll keep you hooked. It's quite honestly one of the best anime out there imo.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

The first season is good then? I saw this pop up and it caught some of my interest, but I didn't watch any of the first season at all

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Yes, it's an amazing show. S2 is just an exact continuation of S1, almost like it never stopped in the first place. It is episodic - there is not really an overarching storyline, it doesn't build up to a climax or anything. So if you're looking for that kind of story you might be disappointed. But if you're okay with separate, beautifully-crafted episodes about the mysteries of life, the universe, and everything, then this is totally what you want to see.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Thanks for posting! Season 1, as stated above, is just a beautiful work of art. Really relaxing, slow paced but very interesting show. So happy that a new season is airing.

Just started watching S2, this never fails to deliver. The music, themes, atmosphere... all feel good.

I can't find season 1 anywhere, but I've been watching season 2 without it and it's still be amazing. So even if you haven't seen season 1, don't hold back on watching this.

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    I can't find season 1 anywhere, but I've been watching season 2 without it and it's still be amazing. So even if you haven't seen season 1, don't hold back on watching this.
    Shit why didn't ya say so.

http://animewaffles.tv/Watch-Mushishi-770

Granted when I originally watched it it was off torrent. These should work though.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

You guys been keeping up with this still? I've been watching through Vivid Subs, not sure if they're releasing them fast or slow, they just put out episode 8. Like you said above, never fails to deliver, this season so far has been really good.

New episodes take forever to get released. Still great show, getting mine from horrible subs.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

final ep already, part 2 in fall 2014

WE'RE BACK

Ep. 11-12 (47 min) has been up for a couple of days.

Old Merits
    BG Level

The latest episode was incredible.

Spoiler: show
    I'm really glad they didn't just go for a happy end - the whole episode was just depressing.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

still, this anime is prob. the chillest anime that is ever made.

That last one from the week before, with the River kid. Now THAT shit was depressing.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Yep, that episode wasn't exactly happy, though it did make me wonder to what extent Ginko is getting emotionally involved.

Also just watched the latest episode, is it just me or does the series keep getting darker?

Series was pretty dark to begin with, just with high amounts of chill to make you forget how fucked up this job is.