+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: No Game No Life     submit to reddit submit to twitter

No Game No Life

Summary: The story of No Game, No Life centers around Sora and Shiro, a brother and sister whose reputations as brilliant NEET (Not in Education, Employment, or Training) hikikomori (shut-in) gamers have spawned urban legends all over the Internet. These two gamers even consider the real world as just another "crappy game." One day, they are summoned by a boy named "God" to an alternate world. There, God has prohibited war and declared this to be a world where "everything is decided by games"—even national borders. Humanity has been driven back into one remaining city by the other races. Will Sora and Shiro, the good-for-nothing brother and sister, become the "Saviors of Humanity" on this alternate world? "Well, let's start playing."

-----

More "incest" and loli for all your anime needs. But beyond that it can be a little interesting when it comes to playing games and tricks. Regardless, it's entertaining and colourful.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Easily anime of the season for me. >.> Main character is just hilariously awesome.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

definitely the best of this season. You should put the usual release day in your op's.

Quote Originally Posted by Vincento View Post
    definitely the best of this season. You should put the usual release day in your op's.
    Yeah, though I'm not sure whether to put what day it airs or what day the subs come out.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Crunchyroll gets it on Wednesdays, and fansubs are completely unpredictable so there's that.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Episode 6 was amazing, both in awesome fanservice, and dropping (literally) knowledge bomb O_o

That episode was pretty intense, though I knew shit would get crazy when a
    Spoiler: show
    hydrogen bomb
    is used for the first move.

Was impressive, pretty and intense. Great episode.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

It got really awkward watching the latest ep on public transportation once everyone's clothes started disappearing.

2600klub
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Easily AOTS.

Banned.

BG Level

5 minutes in, I'm hooked, fk all yall lol

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Episode was great, but the subs for the shiritori game were atrocious. Going to have to edit them and remux before I archive lol.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So, this episode had me thinking, seeing as Blank are simply unbeatable, if sports are considered games in this world too, so that somebody would finally be able to kick their ass O.o

Banned.

BG Level

Yes and no, all their future opponents have superpowers (so it will be crazy version of sports where blank can cheat the system). The flugel fight was probably the only fair game they will play onwards lol.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I got around to watching this and it's pretty great. Hooked.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Deadgye View Post
    Episode was great, but the subs for the shiritori game were atrocious. Going to have to edit them and remux before I archive lol.
    Yeah, those subs (HorribleSubs' anyway) were horrendous. There must be a better and easier way of doing it than they did. To be fair, shiritori's not a thing that's directly translatable. Even a figurative translation is impossible to make good. This is the stuff of nightmares for translators, lol.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Only problem I have with this show is the waiting now for more..... I am loving every episode.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    Yeah, those subs (HorribleSubs' anyway) were horrendous. There must be a better and easier way of doing it than they did. To be fair, shiritori's not a thing that's directly translatable. Even a figurative translation is impossible to make good. This is the stuff of nightmares for translators, lol.
    Crunchyroll's translator posted on animesuki that he wasn't going to try to make the shiritori match up in English. He was just going to do a literal translation. It was the editor's idea to put stuff like 'nether regions' and 'real atmosphere' to try to make it work.

I'm not usually one to nitpick, but there was quite a bit lost in translation since they made that decision.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azull Abaddon
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Seems like the rules of the game would make it kinda hard to translate without lots getting lost in translation. Thought it was good in showing their ability to play their opponent as much as they are playing the game.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post

Summary: The story of No Game, No Life centers around Sora and Shiro, a brother and sister whose reputations as brilliant NEET (Not in Education, Employment, or Training) hikikomori (shut-in) gamers have spawned urban legends all over the Internet. These two gamers even consider the real world as just another "crappy game." One day, they are summoned by a boy named "God" to an alternate world. There, God has prohibited war and declared this to be a world where "everything is decided by games"—even national borders. Humanity has been driven back into one remaining city by the other races. Will Sora and Shiro, the good-for-nothing brother and sister, become the "Saviors of Humanity" on this alternate world? "Well, let's start playing."

-----

More "incest" and loli for all your anime needs. But beyond that it can be a little interesting when it comes to playing games and tricks. Regardless, it's entertaining and colourful.
    Damn I thought this was about FFXI from the title.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Elcura, we don't talk much but I trust you.
    Do you think I should be watching this?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast