Closed Thread
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Making friends     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

In the same boat but have completely given up on it. I have associates. But I haven't had a legitimate friend in several years.

It's going in the right direction if we have mutual contact(i.e. seeking each other out). If it's one sided, nothing you do is going to advance it to a mutual friendship. Part of the problem lies with me. There's nothing interesting that happens in my life, which leaves me with very little to talk about in regards to myself. As far as being loyal and "got your back" I'm all about that. But yeah qualities like that have to be valued by another. Oh and I'm 31.

Honestly, meeting new people is easy. It is acute failure to progress to the point of mutuality that is frustrating.

But at least you have a boyfriend. Yeah I know, you still need friends, but you're not completely all alone either. No gf in 4 years, and no real friend for longer(I lost count). All I have is my mom. It's gonna be..interesting when it's her time to leave this world.

Anyway, I wish you luck, though having read some of your posts here, I can't see why you have any difficulties making friends.

The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

With him working constantly on his dissertation, I might as well be sometimes. lol. He is so damn focused sometimes, it gets hard when I want to spend time.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
    In the same boat but have completely given up on it. I have associates. But I haven't had a legitimate friend in several years.

It's going in the right direction if we have mutual contact(i.e. seeking each other out). If it's one sided, nothing you do is going to advance it to a mutual friendship. Part of the problem lies with me. There's nothing interesting that happens in my life, which leaves me with very little to talk about in regards to myself. As far as being loyal and "got your back" I'm all about that. But yeah qualities like that have to be valued by another. Oh and I'm 31.

Honestly, meeting new people is easy. It is acute failure to progress to the point of mutuality that is frustrating.

But at least you have a boyfriend. Yeah I know, you still need friends, but you're not completely all alone either. No gf in 4 years, and no real friend for longer(I lost count). All I have is my mom. It's gonna be..interesting when it's her time to leave this world.

Anyway, I wish you luck, though having read some of your posts here, I can't see why you have any difficulties making friends.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    I was expecting that(and even from you).

But I honestly don't care. It's not that big of a deal. Hell guys like you make it easier to deal with. Let's me know what trash is out there. :D

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I'm just sayin', if I didn't care I'm not sure I woulda responded immediately.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

I was expecting that(and even from you).

But I honestly don't care. It's not that big of a deal. Hell guys like you make it easier to deal with. Let's me know what trash is out there. :D
    you edited it too? rofl

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic View Post
    I'm just sayin', if I didn't care I'm not sure I woulda responded immediately.
    /sigh
    ..Anyway I keep my posts to a minimum here because the majority of you are not very polite towards anyone and are always looking to jump on someone who says something you don't particularly like. I come here to post in topics that I have in common interest with.

Now you can(and you will) keep jumping on my posts in this topic, which will inadvertently derail the topic(wasn't my intention) <_<. So I'll go to the next best thing: I'm not worth mocking, or even replying to, if it's something about me or what I said, that you don't like because I am not going to engage in forum fights or witty contests to feed your ego.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

/sigh
    ..Anyway I keep my posts to a minimum here because the majority of you are not very polite towards anyone and are always looking to jump on someone who says something you don't particularly like. I come here to post in topics that I have in common interest with.

Now you can(and you will) keep jumping on my posts in this topic, which will inadvertently derail the topic(wasn't my intention) <_<. So I'll go to the next best thing: I'm not worth mocking, or even replying to, if it's something about me or what I said, that you don't like because I am not going to engage in forum fights or witty contests to feed your ego.
    Okay bro but that's what you're doing right now?

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

/sigh

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

BG Level

I have (or had) a coworker/friend who is a loner too, a social pariah, like most of you guys here. I'd just drag him out to the movies, hiking, da beech, bunch of activities w/ the other friends w/e. He's the type of dude that if you never call him then you'll never hear from him. It's been 5 months already and haven't heard/seen (only on psn). But fuck it, not gonna go outa my way to 'help' him.

So yeah, idk. Stand in front of the mirror and ask yourself that question?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Jefe View Post
    I have (or had) a coworker/friend who is a loner too, a social pariah, like most of you guys here. I'd just drag him out to the movies, hiking, da beech, bunch of activities w/ the other friends w/e. He's the type of dude that if you never call him then you'll never hear from him. It's been 5 months already and haven't heard/seen (only on psn). But fuck it, not gonna go outa my way to 'help' him.
    Your friend sounds kind of like me. It is possible that you would have to drag him out because he doesn't feel like anybody actually wants him there. Its a problem I had in school that if nobody invited me directly, I wouldn't show up. Being an introvert, it can also be mentally exhausting to hang out with a large group of people, when you are perfectly comfortable with smaller numbers. Colored through my perspective, but don't worry about trying to "help" him. Some people thrive on having tons of friends, while others have a comfort zone of (almost) none.

I try to exercise a sort of a philosophy where if I want to be around someone, they'll know. I try not to be annoying or clingy about it, but there's also a mirror aspect to it. If it feels like I'm the one constantly initiating, I question if they actually do want me around and just aren't trying to be nice or whatever. So if days turn into weeks, months, and then some of never hearing from someone, welp, guess I'm not a priority in their life. Gotta move on.

Still wish what friends I did have from school and such didn't move away. The occasional FB and shit just isn't the same.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Have you tried internet friends ? They are just like real friends but much much worse. See everything on BG forums.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

BG Level

LMAO. Dead.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Sheeeeeet, I'm gonna hit that up.

Resident Gestapo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Looking back, I realized I don't have many friends outside of work or buddies from the Army. Aside from you knuckleheads I interact with here, there's very few people I keep in touch with. I'm pretty sociable, so I like to hang out and go to bars and whatnot. Those are rare and far in between. Otherwise I just hang out with the kids and do nothing. Life's good nonetheless. Got everything I need. Job, money, bills paid, a lawnmower, transportation, can't complain. And of course, the munchkins.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Galkaeater View Post
    i know one of them from texas

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I'm perfectly competent at being social, and always find myself making for-the-night friends at whatever events I go to. I'd say that this is related to confidence. Bitches love confidence.

In all seriousness, though, did I read this thread correctly, and are Aks and Cream in relatively close quarters? If so, hang out, fuckers. I vouch for Cream, he's a great friend. Always laid back and up for whatever.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

She's afraid of the D.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast