FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Plow View Post
    you're doing it wrong
    Only farmed coins once or twice ever and it was forever ago.

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    How many of WoWs subscribers are NA/European players? I've always been under the assumption that sub 2million are actual Western players and most of WoWs playerbase is from china
    don't they track china separately now? I thought there were like 15m chinese players at some point or some such.

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    Only farmed coins once or twice ever and it was forever ago.
    that would explain it then, there's much better places now, although there were some ways you could farm mass quantities of them in raids before

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    That's not a slow slide.
    Compared to what other game? Most MMOs nowadays see a huge drop in subs after the 1st free month or after a couple months when people hit end game and find no new content. While subs are dropping for WoW, they are at least taking steps to not make it noticeable with the cross realm shit, and making arena/RBGs and even raids now cross-realm. No one is going to really notice as much, unlike before where if a good % of your server quit, you really felt it.

A lot of those lost subs are probably people just too old for this shit as well nowadays, I mean I SHOULD be too old for it, but I still play because I need something to kill time. Most have left the MMO genre completely and I know personally i'm on the verge of it as well. Every MMO of late has been a colossal disappointment to me, some due to the hype, and some due to the over-the-top casual approach they took.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    How many of WoWs subscribers are NA/European players? I've always been under the assumption that sub 2million are actual Western players and most of WoWs playerbase is from china
    Back when the numbers were tracked separately (The NetEase days) the split was 55%/45% in favor of Asian subs. But that data is 4 years old. Feel free to extrapolate from that as you like.

A. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Not surprising, the game is 10 years old this Nov.

The entire MMO genre has gone stale, lots of people don't stay subbed to WoW 100% of the time anymore. Between expansions in WoW = lame, nothing to do, many probably unsubbed until WoD.

Most people aren't gonna run SoO for a year. The thing WoW has going for it is its steeped nostalgia factor. Players will keep on trying to relive their "WoW glory days" as new expansions keep releasing then quit after a month or two when things become stale again(Kripparian).

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Meresgi View Post
    Compared to what other game?
    It doesn't matter, you don't need to compare it. It dropped over 4 million players in 3-4 years, 33% of its player base.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

6.8 million
    World of Warcraft subs now stand at 6.8 million as of June 30 according to Activision.

That’s approximately 800,000 less than reported three months ago.

The figures were revealed in the firm’s latest financial results and attributed the decline in subscribers quarter over quarter, as being “disproportionately concentrated in the East.”

The firm said this was similar to the seasonal decline experienced during the second quarter of 2012, prior to the launch of the most recent expansion later that year.

In May, Activision reported 7.6 million subscribers, which was down from the 7.8 million reported the last time out.
    http://www.vg247.com/2014/08/05/worl...c-subscribers/

Mmm nothing like doing SoO for months and months and months and months.....to make you want to stay subbed to the game!

Ridill
    BG Level

so it was officially higher than this at the end of vanilla, and this is the lowest it's been since then

and approaching half of the 12m peak

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...2CallSlide.jpg

Decline is the same as last time, nothing to see here, move along. Also Dance Studio 2020!...or 2030...or maybe 2090?

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Heh 'revenues up yoy'

Last year they didn't have preorder up for a new expansion