+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    So all megas were previewed huh? No secret, revealed only when the game officially released, hidden gems?
    Nope, they basically revealed all of what was going to be in the game before they released it, something they have never done before. Apparently they only had a year of development on the game, and it shows.

It's kind of amazing that I find a remake of the exact same games by the exact same people 10 years ago to be better. I really hope what happened with this game is a one-time thing and they're not going to keep doing this.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

That's a shame. It was kind of exciting when X and Y were released finding out what other megas where created

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Just an fyi, don't try to use DexNav while surfing on sharpedo. Really easy to slip into turbo mode and scare the mob off.

On the plus side, just got a speed boost carvanha with perfect IVs in speed, sp. atk, and looks like a 30 in atk as well. (rolled 0's for HP/def though... glass cannon go!)

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Is surfing on Sharpedo faster than other stuff?

Also man all that contest stuff was such a pain in the ass. At least I got my awesome Pidgeot statue finally.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno View Post
    Is surfing on Sharpedo faster than other stuff?
    Think like Mach Bike speed. Also gets a unique surf model (you stand up on the fins and ride) Can zoom across the water routes soooo fast now.

I believe it was Wailmer, Sharpedo, and Kyogre that get unique surfing models.
    Sharpedo goes at double speed, and Kyogre has a giant model.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Anyone have an extra Reshram?

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Fuck this suicidal Spiritomb.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Saw the edited the VGC rules. If I'm reading it right, X/Y will be used until the end of 2014 for matches. On the 1st, Kalos born will be denoted by that blue symbol, but OR/AS will be the only versions allowed going forward

Anyone confirm I read that right?

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Ugh I level too fast it make things so easy, so I just swapped to an alternate team for a little. Did anyone else have that problem or you turned off exp share?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    Ugh I level too fast it make things so easy, so I just swapped to an alternate team for a little. Did anyone else have that problem or you turned off exp share?
    EXP Share is making a huge difference. I agree.

XY showed that leaving the EXP share on is a bad idea.
    They've also made the games a lot easier because they've said in interviews they want to appeal to the mobile casual gamers (not even joking). It's apparently too hard to put a difficulty slider into their games in 2014.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

One of the reasons BW2 was a great game - Easy / Hard modes.

Also it doesnt let me go online cause it says there is an update, but I do not see said update. What's the deal?

Edit: nvm found it. Any idea what the update did?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Supposedly it fixes some bugs but no one knows what they were yet.

Easy and challenge modes were unlocked from beating the elite four so they were kinda pointless. And only Black 2 had "challenge" mode unless you traded the key to a friend. White 2 had "easy" mode which made the game even easier than it already was lol.

I donno why there's so much butt-hurt about the game being easy. It's Pokemon, has anyone really been challenged by the story since gen 1 and they were 10~ years old? EXP share just takes a lot of the grind time out same as it did in X/Y. If you really want your team to level slower don't use it and make sure to have less than 3 hearts in pokemon-amie or you'll get an EXP bonus.

Lastly here's my friend code for anyone that didn't add me from X/Y. 3952-7553-2367. I'll check the thread and see if anyone posted codes I didn't already add.

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

Hm. I don't recall anyone ever kicking my ass in a pokemon game.

Nope lied. Red. Holy shit his Pikachu kicked my unexpected ass. I had no idea what was going to happen when I found him.

There was the time I beat Pokemon Yellow with JUST Pikachu. Required a lot of fucking grinding to beat Brock. But that was a self imposed challenge.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

The games were never hard, but I can't recall a time I have literally OHKO every gym leader's pokemon the entire game. Not even grinding, just catch one of each per route and hit up all the trainers once. Even skipped all the water trainers east of slateport/lilycove and my team is still in the 50's.

Will be grinding for a decent ditto tonight though, unless someone has a good one they don't want/need? Will provide what I can for it, though it's not much (just sapphire stuff, though I am having good luck w/ hidden abilities & egg moves)

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

I turned off exp share basically as soon as I got it. Only purpose of it is for training up other teams relatively quickly for late game and what not, honestly. or after you've EV trained and wanna get fast levels.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I finally finished the story and delta episode. Man that was pretty good. I'm very happy with this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitou View Post
    I donno why there's so much butt-hurt about the game being easy. It's Pokemon, has anyone really been challenged by the story since gen 1 and they were 10~ years old? EXP share just takes a lot of the grind time out same as it did in X/Y. If you really want your team to level slower don't use it and make sure to have less than 3 hearts in pokemon-amie or you'll get an EXP bonus.
    I'm not looking for Pokemon Souls, but I'd like to run into trainers with more than 3 Pokemon and not for the games to be even easier than they already were. The funny thing is that maybe I'd be more open to them making the main story easier if they added more "endgame" stuff where its more challenging...but they actually removed the Battle Frontier from Hoenn and straight CTRL-V'd the Battle Maison from XY, they don't have high level Gym Leader rematches, etc. This also has nothing to do with the EXP share, because after my first run through XY I knew to always turn it off, at least that's something we can control. The games have very clearly gotten much easier EXP share or not, play, say, Platinum, and you'll see what I mean.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Vastly expanded movesets and type availability did do a number on the games' difficulty. Starters coming with a typed move from the beginning also contributed. (remember grinding for vine whip/water gun?) I definitely don't miss the days of red/blue, but somewhere along the line they went overboard.