Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

well let's be fair, a Protean Greninja was already really stronk. this gen also gave them access to Low Kick and Gunk Shot which made them ridiculous. those two moves eliminate almost anything that could go up against him and not get rekt.

that said, vgc still doesn't ban him so go to town

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Tbh I stopped paying attention to Smogon in gen 6. Some things like evasion arent as big of a deal anymore (Defog buff, etc).

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Back when gen 5 started and the rule slate was wiped fresh, me and my friend let the timer run for as long as possible whenever we had to deal with someone using minimize/double team. You wanted to win using a minimize chancy/blissy? Be prepared to take half an hour to do so.

With gen 6 making defog rather popular in the meta, I think I might be able to stand evasion moves being allowed. Although I'll still think that any battles that allow multiple pokemon to be slept at the same time doesn't deserve to be called competitive. :3

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

So everytime I add someone from the reddit friend safari for gale wings they never come online.

Anyone got a gale wings Talonflame/Fletchinder I can borrow for a quick minute?

Edit: Nevermind, got it.

This is kind of off-topic, but since I'm getting my new 3DS in a month, I was debating which Pokémon title I should get. X/Y or ORAS? Keeping in mind that the last one I played was Platinum. I have read a few articles about it on Kotaku, but I was wondering what you guys thought. Thanks!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Nintendo has made it pretty clear, (by not allowing ORAS megas available in XY) that those are THE versions going forward. Unless a Z version is in the works, that's where I would lean.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meek Marcello
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Get ORAS, overall it's a far better game with DexNav and post game content. XY is good and I recommend playing it later but it is a weaker game imo.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Who has a Regenerator Foongus or Amoongus laying around. Don't care about IV's, but friend safari's for this thing don't exist.

I've got a lot of 5 IV VGA choices I can breed up for compensation. I'm nearing 2 boxes of EV training ready pokemon. I never want to breed Froakie again.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    Who has a Regenerator Foongus or Amoongus laying around. Don't care about IV's, but friend safari's for this thing don't exist.

I've got a lot of 5 IV VGA choices I can breed up for compensation. I'm nearing 2 boxes of EV training ready pokemon. I never want to breed Froakie again.
    I should have one somewhere.. but it might be stuck on my bw somewhere.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Event HA Serperior is available for NA. Don't know if its a glitch or not so grab it while you can.

Emboar and Samurott are not available at the moment.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

seems it's gone already, wasn't able to get it

edit: nvm it was fucking up

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

shame that serperior is the only interesting one

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Ok so I'm breeding some Growlithe mostly 4 & 5 IV, and I've got 2 with 5 IV and high HP IV (not perfect). However, one has Intimidate as it's ability, and the other has Flash Fire as it's ability.

If you had an Arcanine on your team, which ability would you prefer going with?

Oh btw, the Flash Fire Growlithe is female. The Intimidate Growlithe is male.

And regarding Serperior, I've already gotten a Snivy via Wonder Trade so meh, no big deal.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Unless you know you're going to be switching into a lot of Fire damage, Intimidate is probably more useful. Mine's actually Flash Fire but I rolled with him because he was shiny. I don't switch into fire damage often, but when it happens, Flare Blitz brings the pain.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

a Contrary Snivy?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    a Contrary Snivy?
    No, ye olde standard Snivy. It's not a big deal really, I'm not a big grass type user.

And @ Obsidian: I was strongly considering the Intimidate Growlithe. I don't play a whole lot competitively, but when I do it's Doubles, not singles.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Sorry for bumping this but... UK is getting a Darkrai distribution via serial code at GAME stores. Starts on Feb 13th don't know till when. Also not known if NA is getting a similar event later. Can use the code in any Gen VI game. Source: serebii.net

GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

picked this up finally, I'm just past cycling road and my team is already WAY fucking overleveled.

Thinking about restarting and doing a nuzlocke run - was curious if anyone had any interesting rules aside from capturing the first poke in each area and faint=death

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

I just got my 3rd gym badge in Y today >.>