Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I agree in a way, but i feel more like a Pokemon MMO would work by providing something the offline game doesn't, which there is a market for. I know a Pokemon MMO would be hard to do, and frankly asking how it can be done is a loaded question thats only asked just so someone can validate their hate for the idea because frankly, I'm no game developer, I've not go all the answers, in the end, I simply believe the idea could work with the proper brain-trust and developers behind the wheel. My ideas were more spitballs of how It could be, a proof of concept that some aspects could be converted, and how one might go about handling the typical MMO crap like Gearing, Uniqueness, diversity, and so forth.

I mean, I don't expect some Pokemon developer to come in, read my post, and go "Copy and paste it to an MMO now". It would be hard to convert it, without a doubt, and honestly it might not be worth the effort and risk of hurting the image of the IP if the game crashes, I only believe that that it could be done right, and it could be done well. How and why I'm not 100% on, because If i was, I'd be devoting time to getting a college degree and making my own game company . Plus, I will admit one of the biggest things is gamers have no idea what the hell they want, so the idea of a Pokemon MMO could simply be the want for a large scale Online Pokemon experience in a truly 3D, good graphic world. LIke a FPS with a Multiplayer mode where you can have a Co-Op kinda experience running around with friends doing your own thing.

I think people just want to be in a Pokemon world with other players, even if its just 3 people (I mean, you could do 3v3 Battles or Double battles in a co-op scenario). They might not want a truly MMO experience, just the ability to be in a immersive Pokemon world with a friend. Even if its together, but separate gameplay.

Remember the "Gales of Darkness" or whatever gamecube games? Why can't they make a fully 3D game with Pokemon like that? I think the big problem is the amount of Pokemon they'd have to program in, I can't think of very many other games that have over 700 unique, fully animated 3D Sprites...

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xio Nightshard
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

How about you can only have one pokemon out at a time, each one on your team capable of fulfilling a different role in a dungeon based on its stats (and further enhanced by your trainer gear), with a cooldown on how often you can switch (to punish bad choices), or limit switching to out of combat. Treat the pokemon as equipment and your possible spec, maybe with bonuses if you have a full team of a certain spec (i.e. main tanking a run with all defensive stats). Would make it easy to fall into a usual MMO 'holy trinity' though. :/
    For example, facing down a high SP-ATK legendary and using, idk, a Bronzong tank while a few other trainers currently geared or 'specced' to healing stand back and fire off Defogs or Heal Bells or Softboileds. Damage and status specs do their thing (with specific pokemon brought for type advantages or useful buffs). Rewards for legendary fights could be something like a one-time or limited-time summon of the legendary, sort of like the short-term use in the Ranger games.

GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Plenty of good ideas in there. I would love it if they gave a pokemon MMO a go.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Honestly, after seeing how much they did with the internet stuff in Pokemon X/Y, it might not be too long before we see other people running around in our games.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Treble View Post
    How about you can only have one pokemon out at a time, each one on your team capable of fulfilling a different role in a dungeon based on its stats (and further enhanced by your trainer gear), with a cooldown on how often you can switch (to punish bad choices), or limit switching to out of combat. Treat the pokemon as equipment and your possible spec, maybe with bonuses if you have a full team of a certain spec (i.e. main tanking a run with all defensive stats). Would make it easy to fall into a usual MMO 'holy trinity' though. :/
    For example, facing down a high SP-ATK legendary and using, idk, a Bronzong tank while a few other trainers currently geared or 'specced' to healing stand back and fire off Defogs or Heal Bells or Softboileds. Damage and status specs do their thing (with specific pokemon brought for type advantages or useful buffs). Rewards for legendary fights could be something like a one-time or limited-time summon of the legendary, sort of like the short-term use in the Ranger games.
    This is kinda what I had in mind too, You can of course have a team of 6, but only one Pokemon out at a time. Meaning if you're playing solo, you can also use the one you need for the best situation, but in a group, you could divide the team and conquer. It'd kinda be like in XIV how you can change jobs on the fly, in Pokemon MMO you can change Pokemon on the fly, and in that way, essentially classes... with the Trainer and his buffs being akin to your "Summoner" bonuses in a game like League Of Legends.

Meaning the trainers buffs are something you customize as you level up, and your Pokemon can change on the fly.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

they're really trying to top their "worst tease" ever

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

If they came out with one I'd give it a try because I love MMO's so I'm not just shitting on it to shit on it. I just don't think pokemon as a game suits the MMO genre. I read through all the ideas and it just doesn't seem pokemon. if that makes sense.

for me, personally, everything about a pokemon MMO seems very anti-pokemon. I'm sure if the devs reaaaaalllyyy put some effort into it it could work but it would haveta be genre-defining. Which this is pokemon, genre defining isn't really their thing lol

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

a full blown MMO would be very difficult to work out. a cooperative/competitive RPG, though... something a-la Guild Wars 1

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yah I bring that up on my second post (top of this thread). That in some ways, maybe a MMO wouldn't be the best solution, but I think what people really want is to enjoy the Pokemon experience with friends. Co-op or something similar. I mean having their name in the bottom of the screen is nice, but it doesn't compare to having them run around and battle with you (I mean, they have Double/Triple battles). Thats how I see it. I'd still kill for a Pokemon MMO done right, but I agree it would be a monumental task and quite difficult.

Personally though, I'd welcome a change of combat from the typical 4-move Turned based that is Pokemon Single Player, so if they could pull off a realtime control-your-Pokemon engine, I'd be ecstatic.

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

I could see them doing something similiar to Ni No Kuni with combat and make it more action-RPGy. allocate the 4 abilities to buttons and you can move about a designated battle area. As far as co-op goes I'm picturing Tales- type co-op or partying. That sounds really fun, actually >_>;

if they wanted to make an MMO they could always introduce some bullshit new continent where there's some lame law where you can only have 1 pokemon per trainer. Gives the freedom to have different pokemon but you're bound to it on adventures. I feel like that would be a good approach to end-game. That way people are just tossing shittons of pokemon at a crazed out mewtwo and it would be somewhat like a job system where you can switch at a pokecenter

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post
    It feels like that is the only thing they made so far and they want to show it off. See look, it's legends doing stuff! I'd rather not have seen anything.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

that was the most epic, in depth gameplay footage I've ever seen ever.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Probably just to show that they are making it 3D like X/Y

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Delta Emerald trademarked
    Nintendo has trademarked the name “Delta Emerald” in Japan.

The mark was filed on May 2 and made public on May 29.

Earlier this month, Nintendo announced it was developing Pokemon Omega Ruby and Pokemon Alpha Sapphire, remakes of the GameBoy Advance originals for 3DS.

Pokemon Emerald was, of course, the third game to follow Ruby and Sapphire, but a remake has not been announced.
    http://gematsu.com/2014/05/nintendo-...-emerald-japan
    http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/7702200.html

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ps426603c0.gif

So unless this is a "just in case" trademark, this does not make any sense. Crystal was incorporated into HG/SS. It doesn't make sense to do straight remakes of R/S without adding Emerald content and then release Delta Emerald a few months later.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

skipping gamma? what did gamma ever do to you nintendo

nvm there's no beta either. it doesnt make sense at all and I disapprove

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I know pokemon prints money, i get that fact.

I just don't see whatever profits that potentially exist from gouging people another 50 bucks a few months later for a DE is worth angering the fanbase over an immediately "inferior" AS/OR. Nintendo does not normally play that game.

Only way I can see this working is if Nintendo offers DE content for like 10 bucks over the eShop. For Nintendo though even that is kind of brash and haughty.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I don't really see a remake of emerald selling very well. Apart from a slightly altered storyline (you fight both teams instead of just one) and the battle frontier there wasn't a lot of difference between it and ruby/sapphire. If they don't include the battle frontier or something similar in OR/AS a lot of people will probably be pissed. Like others have said, it would make more sense to integrate parts of emerald into OR/AS like they did with HG/SS and crystal.

They didn't make remakes of yellow, or crystal as a stand alone game, so I donno why they'd start with emerald. Just seems weird.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast