BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Hitou View Post
    I don't really see a remake of emerald selling very well. Apart from a slightly altered storyline (you fight both teams instead of just one) and the battle frontier there wasn't a lot of difference between it and ruby/sapphire. If they don't include the battle frontier or something similar in OR/AS a lot of people will probably be pissed. Like others have said, it would make more sense to integrate parts of emerald into OR/AS like they did with HG/SS and crystal.
    Are you kidding me? 90% of people I've spoken to would rather buy Emerald than either Ruby or Sapphire. Emerald was a huge hit.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno View Post
    Are you kidding me? 90% of people I've spoken to would rather buy Emerald than either Ruby or Sapphire. Emerald was a huge hit.
    I would assume they meant that a OR/AS without the Emerald additions would not sell like HG/SS did because a superior DE would be on the horizon. DE in that case would sell very well I think. R/S would lag.

It might work if DE is over a year away, but how far back does Nintendo want to push a Gen 7?

I too would rather buy a DE over R/S. But I'm not buying both. The more I think about it, I think DE will simply be an e Shop purchase to add Emerald content to the remakes.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Hitou View Post
    I don't really see a remake of emerald selling very well. Apart from a slightly altered storyline (you fight both teams instead of just one) and the battle frontier there wasn't a lot of difference between it and ruby/sapphire. If they don't include the battle frontier or something similar in OR/AS a lot of people will probably be pissed. Like others have said, it would make more sense to integrate parts of emerald into OR/AS like they did with HG/SS and crystal.

They didn't make remakes of yellow, or crystal as a stand alone game, so I donno why they'd start with emerald. Just seems weird.
    DE might be a long the lines of Black/White 2 where you play the game a few years later and you see what happened due to the effects of flash flooding and heat erosion (the route where you find Tropisus and Kecleon might be underwater or might not be so open field like) but we won't know til the game comes out (if ever)

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    I would assume they meant that a OR/AS without the Emerald additions would not sell like HG/SS did because a superior DE would be on the horizon. DE in that case would sell very well I think. R/S would lag.

It might work if DE is over a year away, but how far back does Nintendo want to push a Gen 7?

I too would rather buy a DE over R/S. But I'm not buying both. The more I think about it, I think DE will simply be an e Shop purchase to add Emerald content to the remakes.
    Gens go in 3-4 year cycles so anything before 2016 is hoping tbh

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Odin'sLaw View Post
    Gens go in 3-4 year cycles so anything before 2016 is hoping tbh
    Yeah, but I was also placing the 3DS's lifespan into account too. If they wait until 2016/17 and release Gen 7 on the crest of the 3DS's twilight, then they'll have to wait that much longer to put a Gen 8 out on whatever it's successor is.

Now I would not really be adverse if a DE is a real link between Hoenn and Kalos, in the idea it does end up serving as X/Y 2. But then is it really Emerald?

Just kind of thinking out loud here, though.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

If OR/AS are literally just 3DS versions of R/S, same crappy battle tower, no battle frontier or something similar, can't re-fight gym leaders etc; then yeah I think a lot of people would wait for DE. I guess we'll have to wait and see if there's any info at E3. But, I mean it's not like emerald sold better than ruby and sapphire originally. I have both ruby and emerald so it's not like I'm talking out of my butt.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Real? Fake?

Spoiler: show

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Looks real. Serebii has it posted from CoroCoro which is were most pokemon news gets revealed/leaked from. Makes sense they'd have mega evolutions for the other two starters since blaziken already had one from X/Y. Also seems confirmed that the games won't be using emerald's storyline since you only fight one of the teams based on your version.

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Hulk Swampert all day

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Quote Originally Posted by BadKarma View Post
    Hulk Swampert all day
    Fucking this.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Real? Fake?

Spoiler: show

Mega Sceptile, Swampert & Diancie
    CoroCoro this month reveals first details on Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, coming to 3DS worldwide later this year.

The male and female protagonist redesigns are pictured. This time, they’re equipped with the Mega Bangle and Keystone required for Mega Evolution. The character you don’t choose will appear in the game as a supporting character.

A new evolution method known as “Primeval Devolution” is shown. From this, we have new Groudon and Kyogre evolutions Primeval Groudon and Primeval Kyogre.

New Mega Evolutions include Mega Diancie, Mega Sceptile (Grass / Dragon), and Mega Swampert.

The story will change depending on the version. In Pokemon Omega Ruby, Team Magma is the main enemy, while in Omega Sapphire, it’s Team Aqua.

Steven Stone will guide the protagonist. He appears to have a Mega Charizard X and is also pursuing the mystery of Mega Evolution.

A new trailer and screenshots for Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are likely to arrive during Nintendo’s E3 Digital Event on Tuesday.
    http://gematsu.com/2014/06/pokemon-o...ega-evolutions
    http://gamestalk.net/pokemon-or-as/
    http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well I posted that like 8 hours ago and there wasn't much news about it then. But yeah, it seems to be real and hella sweet.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

mega swampert gonna be fucking buff

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

As long as he isn't fucking water/fighting

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

As long as he isn't fucking water/fighting
    I remember reading he keeps Water/Ground.

Def a beast though to use as your mega. Still want a mega-mudkip though.

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Swampert is boss in competitive as is. Wonder if his mega will make him op

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Swampert is boss in competitive as is. Wonder if his mega will make him op
    rain dance/drizzel team will make him insane since he is most likely getting an attack and Speed rise (even without it your most likely going to start running jolly max speed so your out speeding everything but Deoxy's speed)
    i just find Lightning rod sceptile to be a "Huh?" move 4x resist doesn't make much sense (unless mega manectric is more popular in Double battles then i know of, can't be Volt switching bitches so hopefully Rotom Wash stops been such a dick)

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Lightning Rod is probably an attempt to appease the Doubles crowd that Nintendo seems to think actually exists. It 4x resists water and pulls electric attacks to it so you can probably imagine some combinations that'll work.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Lightning Rod is probably an attempt to appease the Doubles crowd that Nintendo seems to think actually exists. It 4x resists water and pulls electric attacks to it so you can probably imagine some combinations that'll work.
    it'll be a good Tyranitar- Rotom-Wash counter since that's the most common doubles team partnership (not sure why Nintendo decided doubles had to be the way to go the main reason i won't compete :/)

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos