Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kincard View Post
    Death Blossom still holds the crown for the GAYEST of the job WSs, though.
    Agreed.

lol i totally get it its so gay because its a flower XDDDDD

In all seriousness, I like Death Blossom because it has a clear motif, and it makes some sense to associate roses with a fencer. A lot of other WSs are just a pretty light show so I like ones with a theme. Blade: Ku or Shijin Spiral would be other examples.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Chant du Cygne! Even though Almace didn't fit it at all. The sword being of French origin was really the only thing that matched.

Campaign
    BG Level

In all seriousness, I like Death Blossom because it has a clear motif, and it makes some sense to associate roses with a fencer. A lot of other WSs are just a pretty light show so I like ones with a theme. Blade: Ku or Shijin Spiral would be other examples.
    "Red Roses" seem to be the theme for RDM in general, there must be some joke about Akamadoushi and Akaihana (which is "Red Rose" in japanese, but literally it means just "red flower" I think?)
    Why I'm saying this? Because of the RDM Job Emote, you get surrounded by tons of magical red roses.
    Gayest Jobemote ever of course, followed by the RNG one and his "forest friends" lololol
    Or maybe I'm too ill-minded seeing all these gay things everywhere.

I get what you mean about WS btw. But for me it's more a matter of animations. A lot of WS have just flashy effects (some of which are even cool) that you can't really apreciate (too flashy) and coordinate with same old rehashed copypasted animations.
    /thumbdown
    Other WS have pretty cool animations instead and I really love those. Blade: Shun for instance. I don't have it atm (no free merits!) but it's fantastic, and in general most of the Merit WS are pretty awesome for me.

@Prothescar
    Almace was so fucking huge... always looked like a 2h sword instead than a 1h one lol I always found it a bit "strange". From Chant do Cygne and the Zorro animation you'd expect a Rapier-like sword, wouldn't you?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I was always a fan of wildfire but though it would've fit better from a more hand cannon looking gun

Bitchfist
    The horn knows no mercy; only wrath

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indalecia Salavachere
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Asura

So I guess I'm the only one that dat modded wildfire to Leaden Salute?

Because fire is nice but dropping a singularity on a bitch is where its at.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Leaden Salute wins because of its name. It took me months to realize I was pronouncing it incorrectly. For others who are also slow like me, Leaden Salute infers you're saluting your enemy with lead. "Leaden" is the adjective used for something made of lead metal just like how golden for gold.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    Leaden Salute wins because of its name. It took me months to realize I was pronouncing it incorrectly. For others who are also slow like me, Leaden Salute infers you're saluting your enemy with lead. "Leaden" is the adjective used for something made of lead metal i.e golden for gold.
    The whole name is a reference to how during the age of sail, before entering port a ship would fire all their cannons to show they were entering unarmed (since it would take longer for them to reload than it would take for them to sail into range of coastal artillery). But since corsairs are pirate-themed, it's an attack... or something like that.

And as far as being obtuse about RDM's job emote being gay, read this and remember that SE is japanese and therefore likely aware of it. And that if I'm not mistaken, they used that effect on Mayakov (the dancer with a lisp introduced in a mission called "Queen of the Dance")

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    Leaden Salute wins because of its name. It took me months to realize I was pronouncing it incorrectly. For others who are also slow like me, Leaden Salute infers you're saluting your enemy with lead. "Leaden" is the adjective used for something made of lead metal just like how golden for gold.
    How else would you pronounce/interpret it?

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    How else would you pronounce/interpret it?
    Lee-den Salute, if someone failed to get the reference to lead -> bullets -> cannons -> pirates.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

The fact that they used it with Mayakov aside, the rose thing never seemed gay to me. Rather it reminded me of

http://media.tumblr.com/9eaa91c049db...kze1r3z6tc.gif

and

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-nA3td6v8FH...m-G-Gundam.jpg

and

http://static.tumblr.com/f5ee2e61bb3...atic_ls190.jpg

and

http://img.focalprice.com/860x666/YC.../YC0883X-1.jpg

All of which are totally manly and awesome.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Clearly the only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that SE needs to add GEO and RUN emotes

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Priran View Post
    Clearly the only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that SE needs to add GEO and RUN emotes
    Have a feeling they will soon. You get a different 'more controlled' error message when you /jobemote RUN, and /jobemote GEO, than when you /jobemote 'anything else'.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Ukko's Fury: the god of thunder splits the ground open.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Something something Atonement.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Now this is very odd, I just tried /jobemote ??? in game and it did the war job emote, I don't even have the war emote unlocked.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmagi View Post
    Now this is very odd, I just tried /jobemote ??? in game and it did the war job emote, I don't even have the war emote unlocked.
    Same here. Inc emergency maint. D:

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

inc ban for exploiting!!!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Not sure what the war one is exactly but if I'm targeting myself I get "takes on all comers" if I target someone else I get "taunts player menacingly" either way I make the toss motion and throwing a dark blue green bandaid on the targets head

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

yeah just tried it, you get the WAR text but the whm animation.