FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Details on the Upcoming Version Update!

Matsui here.
    I'd like to give you all a preview of the content slated for the May version update.

There are some big developments in store with the May version update regarding the "Seekers of Adoulin" missions. Certain mysteries that have previously shrouded Ulbuka and the Sacred City of Adoulin will be lifted, while others will spring up in their place. Stay tuned, as there is a considerable amount of material to savor, including the fleshing out of some more marginalized characters, and the introduction of new mission-related areas.

Also, in response to feedback from everyone on the job point system introduced in March, we've tinkered with what made obtaining capacity points too difficult. It will also be easier than before to earn capacity points by participating in skirmishes and Delve, so we sincerely hope you will enjoy them as non item-level growth elements.

In order to further support solo players, we will be raising the Fellow level cap to 99 and having their levels increase depending on item levels. We also plan to expand the Adoulin areas in which you can call forth your Fellow, so please look forward to that as well.

There's much more on the docket, such as the introduction of the Mog Wardrobe, the much-awaited addition of meals that increase pet accuracy by around 110 points, and the inclusion of mythic-equivalent weapons for geomancers and rune fencers.

The version update is scheduled to be implemented on Thursday, May 15, 2014.

Among the items scheduled for implementation with this version update, there are still some that are currently in testing. Please keep in mind that we may remove certain items from this implementation list in the event that bugs take an unintentionally long time to fix or balancing issues occur during the development process.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...Version-Update!

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

exciting, mog wardrobe is going to be amazing.

Campaign
    BG Level

Yes, aside from the first days/weeks when Gearswap will break because of it lol

A gigantic waste of space
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Maurauc Baelfyr
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Stupid thinking on my part, but the Japanese side also says Thursday for the update. Could that mean that, like previous times, we've gotten the short end of the translating stick, and actually get the update on Wednesday?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

The JST time is always the right one. SE is straight up incapable of dealing with the international date line.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

whoever has been making these trailers has finally learned the immense intricacies of Windows Movie Maker, like how to change the font from default and splice scenes!

also the RUN WS looks pretty magical to me, not too surprising. hopefully it's decent and available through a separate quest from the ergon weapon itself. would be pretty dumb to have the "mythic equivalent" weapons not have "mythic equivalent" weaponskills. although I guess being too mythic equivalent would be bad since a majority of those things are useless, but still.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

The mission cutsceens look like they'll be pretty sweet. Also, eff yeah Fablinix. I was hoping it'd be him instead of some generic "gob." Wonder if the moogle will have some aura or fight like Riko Kupenreich.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Hitou View Post
    The mission cutsceens look like they'll be pretty sweet.
    Pretty stoked from what they showed in that trailer. Morimar, tiger thing, bigass wyrm, even Leafkin queen. Can't say I'm a fan that we essentially had over a year of backstory, and now all of a sudden things start moving forward at a rapid pace, but at least it's going somewhere, and from the looks of those CSs, maybe we'll finally get some answers about what's up with SoA.

Need Morimar's Fell Cleave though, know that much. Fuck positioning things in front of me lol.

Campaign
    BG Level

Looks exciting!
    Guess they moved the mentioned "merit categories cap increase" thing to June though? No mention about it in the trailer or Matsui's post.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Had to dig for this post, but I think that was always the case.

On the merit point front, you can rest assured that the development team hasn’t forgotten about this system even with the advent of the job point system. After the June version update we will be increasing the caps on certain merit point categories – meaning that if you’ve already increased HP to stage 15, you’ll be able to put merit points into MP. We’re also looking into increasing the amount of merit points you can store at once.
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...582#post502582

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    whoever has been making these trailers has finally learned the immense intricacies of Windows Movie Maker, like how to change the font from default and splice scenes!
    judging from their ability to zoom in on the "mog wardrobe" button I think we might be dealing with the very same editing wizard that gave us the AV hint video

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    Pretty stoked from what they showed in that trailer. Morimar, tiger thing, bigass wyrm, even Leafkin queen. Can't say I'm a fan that we essentially had over a year of backstory, and now all of a sudden things start moving forward at a rapid pace, but at least it's going somewhere, and from the looks of those CSs, maybe we'll finally get some answers about what's up with SoA.

Need Morimar's Fell Cleave though, know that much. Fuck positioning things in front of me lol.
    I told you what's up already...
    http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...ing-aliens.jpg

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I am highly dissapointed by the lack of but wait there's more

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

So I cheered when I saw how Mog Wardrobe worked... I'm so excited for this update... the 14th can't come fast enough... WHERE'S THE TARDIS WHEN YOU NEED ONE?

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Treize Kordero View Post
    So I cheered when I saw how Mog Wardrobe worked... I'm so excited for this update... the 14th can't come fast enough... WHERE'S THE TARDIS WHEN YOU NEED ONE?
    http://wiki.bluegartr.com/images/8/8...escription.png?

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Was half hoping for the last 10 seconds to tease something super cool(they usually do this after the "Coming Soon, May, 2014" when there's like 15sec left in a trailer. Was half hoping to see a SMN casting Atomos on a mob oreads

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

What are the new zones anyway?

The GEO and RUN weaponskills look lame =/

I think they look alright, I like GEO's. Death Blossom still holds the crown for the most stylistic of the job WSs, though.