The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I still have little idea as to what is going on or what is going to happen.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I'm in the same boat. The show is really entertaining. But despite knowing what happened to everyone in the past, still pretty clueless as to what direction they're going with this from here on. Something about snakes, the professor having Dr. Jekyl/Mr. Hyde type alter ego, people who died might maybe still be alive, etc, etc.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

So... the serpent guy wants Marry to be some sort of snake queen for reasons.
    Marry is monster grandaughter.
    Haruka appears to be part monsterdude (notice he looks pretty similar to Marry)

What are they wanting to use Takane's body for again?

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic View Post
    So... the serpent guy wants Marry to be some sort of snake queen for reasons.
    Marry is monster grandaughter.
    Haruka appears to be part monsterdude (notice he looks pretty similar to Marry)

What are they wanting to use Takane's body for again?
    I think they want to use Takane's empty body as a vessel, Marry just seems to have some snake-ness to her, but it's not enough to have control? Idk.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

So based on the last episode, this series is gonna be 12 episodes?

Spoiler: show
    Also, Ene (I think that's her name) got her body back? And the shut-in went to the other side and is saving the older sister (I don't remember any of their names =/). And it seems like they'll all be facing off against the snake inside the doctor in the next episode considering that they're all almost completely gathered now for the first time?

Honestly, this series is really quite interesting. It's just also kind of vague and very confusing lol

Old Merits
    BG Level

Caught up and watched episode ten and eleven. That other side was quite terrifying, though I was surprised that Ene got her body back. Azami's story was great as well, I absolutely love such stories.

According to Wikipedia, the last episode is supposed to air on June 28th, so it will be twelve episodes in total. Another show I'll definitely miss.

I'd like to know who Marry's father is, though.

For some reason, I also thought that using Ene and Haruka's bodies would be part of starting the plan from scratch, though that couldn't be the case seeing how they should have been transformed prior to Ayano's suicide, which made the change of plans necessary.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

So just finished the finale. While I enjoyed it as a whole, I felt that there was a lot of missed potential and the series could have been fleshed out and deeper. A hell of a lot of things didn't really make any sense such as (spoilers here)

Spoiler: show
    The professor and his wife? Did he die? Was their reunion supposed to be like "meeting in the afterlife" sort of thing? But then the little girl that died/was taken, she was back at the very end when all the characters were in line right before the ED. And the sickly boy who had that robo body, he was back too! So was the professor's wife brought back as well? Shogo (or whatever the main protagonist who apparently controlled memories) was shown bringing the leader and the sickly boy back, so... maybe?

And I'm assuming that by defeating that snake inside of the professor, they freed the Monster and her Daughter (Marry's mom and grandma), and presumably every other person who "died" but was really brought into that other world. So it was a ridiculously happy, if not confusing, ending? lol

But the whole bit about the story constantly resetting for Marry kind of made sense. Shogo having the snake power to remember things (which sounds stupid when I write it that way lol) used as a plot device is kind of cliche but I liked it in this series at least.

But as a whole, the show was enjoyable. Really liked the characters and while 12 episodes told the story well enough, I feel like 24 to flesh out the characters and give them a better back story would have made the ending more impactful. But that's not really shaft style I suppose lol

Old Merits
    BG Level

I agree about the reset, with this episode, the very beginning of episode 1 was finally explained.

I also would have liked seeing characters being fleshed out, but I was quite okay with the pace at which the series was going. The last episode definitely felt a little rushed, though, as they kept jumping from scene to scene.
    No idea who's actually dead now or why they are alive, wonder if the source material would go into detail there.

Nonetheless, it was quite emotional and still a good episode, even though it wasn't the series' best one.

Would like to see more, but at the very least I'll have to get those CDs in the near future.