+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Aragon of Odin View Post
    Only because it's new to us, in time when it becomes the norm it won't feel any different
    is that a good thing? I am not all for gattica and people aborting until the get the "perfect" scenario.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

2 different things though. Knowing the genetic code doesn't equate to aborting.

I'm completely against abortion, but like pointed out earlier having the info just to better prepare yourself can be helpful.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Aragon of Odin View Post
    2 different things though. Knowing the genetic code doesn't equate to aborting.

I'm completely against abortion, but like pointed out earlier having the info just to better prepare yourself can be helpful.
    Ya but having that info could easily increase the amount of abortions being done.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

For sure it could, any info could be used for good or bad, just depends who's hands it ends up in.

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    I am not all for gattica and people aborting until the get the "perfect" scenario.
    it's gattaca, A,C, T, and G are the 4 nucleic acids of the dna alphabet.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Ya but having that info could easily increase the amount of abortions being done.
    Abortions don't happen just because parents want to, and the rate has done nothing but decline since the 1980s when Republicans decided women were enemy #1 and they shouldn't have nearly as many of those pesky rights they used to have. Panicking that DNA sequencing is going to make a dent in this country's rate is hilarious.

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

ya but knowing you have blonde hair feels a whole lot different than knowing your genetic code.
    Why? Again, your dna isn't private. You leave it literally everywhere you go. Anyone can test your dna at any time, and there's nothing you can do about it.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Eurell View Post
    The point is, who the fuck cares. Nothing is problematic about people talking on a random internet forum about a hypothetical.
    It's problematic because garbage threads like this get this much activity, and no one gives a shit about NSA/money in politics/net neutrality/important shit. Instead of educating themselves, people partake in mental self masturbation.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hey View Post
    Why? Again, your dna isn't private. You leave it literally everywhere you go. Anyone can test your dna at any time, and there's nothing you can do about it.
    Can != Should

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Mazmaz View Post
    It's problematic because garbage threads like this get this much activity, and no one gives a shit about NSA/money in politics/net neutrality/important shit. Instead of educating themselves, people partake in mental self masturbation.
    lol

We should probably delete all the ffxiv and xi forums, and everything else that isn't poopdeck. RL pic thread? Nah bro, that shit is just distracting us from the real issues. We need to use Blue fucking Gartr forums to do nothing but educate ourselves about the fucking NSA.

It gets this much activity because apparently people enjoy talking about it. Get the fuck outta here telling us what is ok and what isn't ok to talk about on a fucking video game forum.

Banned.

BG Level

I better spend my money in science that lets me know if my child will be born healthy (BEFORE I conceive one), instead of he/she going to be the next Ru Paul. People is all for kill dem gays but I see very few/none kill dem cripples.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

her body, her rights
    if people misuse information that's a social bridge to cross, but the correct solution is not restricting the information

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tajin View Post
    I better spend my money in science that lets me know if my child will be born healthy (BEFORE I conceive one), instead of he/she going to be the next Ru Paul. People is all for kill dem gays but I see very few/none kill dem cripples.
    Most babies with known Down syndrome are aborted.
    Abortion rates
    About 92% of pregnancies in the United Kingdom and Europe with a diagnosis of Down syndrome are terminated.[5] In the United States termination rates are around 67%

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7