+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: BG Kids Thread!     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Some randon pics of our little fella. 12 weeks old today! Our last weigh in was at 9 weeks and he was 13lb and 10oz. He's growing so fucking fast though, he doesn't fit on my chest laying down anymore cause he's stretched out too much
    Gonna be a tall boy!

Spoilered for huge
    Spoiler: show

He's starting to fall asleep aiming for the thumb in mouth, a lot of the times it ends up being his whole fist lol

Only pic we've been able to capture him actually laughing

Here he is really trying to force that poop out!

Man... they grow up fast. She's now 11 weeks.

A little chilly today. So my son decided to exercise his Second Amendment Rights.

2nd amendment says nothing about bear feet! That's super cute.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

no but americans have always exercised their rights to bear feet, and inches, and pounds!

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Your kid's first word better be MURICA.

Little dude is scheduled for his vaccines Saturday. What is everyone's thoughts on that? Not Vax/Anti-Vax, more or less letting him get them all at once or spreading them out is what I'm looking for opinions on.

THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Get all the vaccines as early as possible.

That is what I was leaning towards, I always like to get outside opinions from other people though. Thanks for your input.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

My advice: whatever your pediatrician recommends. The internet is full of awesome, but I'm going to assume the dude that went to school for it knows more than crazy bitches on the internet.

Yeah, just follow the pediatrician. Most likely you're just following the CDC vaccine schedule.

It's not that simple as trusting the doctor. I haven't been with the pediatrician enough to fully trust any recommendation from them. They already had me rush the kid to the hospital and stay overnite for Jaundice, when it was apparently not necessary at all. I get to the ER around midnight, and the nurses and doctors look at me like I'm an fucking idiot for not just waiting till the morning or afternoon to bring him over, since it really was not all that serious.

I also don't know them yet well enough to decipher what is 100% medically necessary (my kid is only 2 months old), and what is just "yeah get this test/shot/etc just in case". They wanted him to have an ultrasound of his liver last month because they thought they saw a little yellow in his eyes. I saw nothing, my wife who is a M.A. saw nothing, the doctor and PA she works for saw nothing. The pediatrician has no knowledge that a stupid liver ultrasound would cost me $100, so they are quick to schedule expensive shit at a moments notice when it isn't needed.

I am considering telling my wife to find us another Pediatrician, but didn't want to do that before he was at least vaccinated.

This whole delivery process cost me almost $3000, while I'm paying like $300 a week for insurance in the first place lol. I'm not about to just throw cash at every frivolous unnecessary test/shot/etc they tell me he needs after what I've been through already . That is why I more or less wanted to cross check what they are telling me, with experiences of other parents.

Edit: Re: Following CDC Vaccine Schedule, thank you. That's the kind of info I am looking for.

THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

If you don't trust your pediatrician's recommendations then find another one. You don't want to be second-guessing every doctor's visit for the next decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Bregor View Post
    If you don't trust your pediatrician's recommendations then find another one. You don't want to be second-guessing every doctor's visit for the next decade.
    In the process of doing that. I didn't want to switch anything until his vaccinations were done.

CDC has good info in general about toddler development. Here's the link: http://www.cdc.gov/parents/infants/milestones.html

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

xmas photos done today!

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

adorable

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

That last one is my favorite, that little sideways glance she's giving you like ... "Wait, I really get to put my brother in a box and ship him out of here? You sure? Okay, but I better not get in trouble!" lol

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

lol when I get the chance I will upload the other version of that.

She's got a "wtf this isn't a pony" look on her face.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    lol when I get the chance I will upload the other version of that.

She's got a "wtf this isn't a pony" look on her face.
    here you go: