+ Reply to Thread
    blax n gunz
    BG Level

Gear Changes in Patch 5.4.8

Gear Changes in Patch 5.4.8

Gear changes are coming! First, in Patch 5.4.8 (which is currently in testing on the PTR), all upgradable epic items introduced to the game in Patch 5.4 will be given the option to upgrade 2 more times for a grand total of 16 item levels. This change will be applied to all items found on the Timeless Isle and in Siege of Orgrimmar. For instance, if you have an item level 553 Greatsword of Pride’s Fall and its Upgrade Level is 2/2 making it item level 561, once the new patch goes live it will display 2/4 and allow you the opportunity to bump it up to item level 569. Whether you’re working on a newly boosted character or progressing through Siege of Orgrimmar, we hope this change will provide you with the extra punch you need to take down your foes.

Second, we are also adding a new token called Deeds of Valor which will cost 3000 Timeless Coins, and can be used to grant your character 100 Valor Points. Players who wish to purchase the new token can do so by visiting Mistweaver Ai on the Timeless Isle next to the Celestial Court. Keep in mind, these tokens won’t allow you to go above the current weekly cap on Valor, but they do provide you an extra option to gain the points you may need so you can upgrade your gear.
    This should include legendary cloaks and anything that drops off Ordos.
    At least I can now spend my valor and a small fraction of my accumulated timeless coins.

Ridill
    BG Level

fucking no ><

I wouldn't mind that much if I was on dk where the only loot upgrades I can get are warforged and I've been sitting on 3k valor for months and months...

But I've pretty much main swapped to mage completely now and yeah this is going to make shit fucking painful.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

What, you don't want to grind out 8000 valor?

I worry that this change only comes about as a way to stretch existing content further as WoD isn't as close as perhaps others were hoping.

Ridill
    BG Level

oh, yeah, we already know gear upgrades are their new version of nerfs, this is a pretty clear statement that they've decided they want a few more people getting through but not everybody just yet, and don't want the FoS to end yet

500 valor per item

- helm / body / pants / hands / shoulder
    - neck ring x2 belt wrist boots
    - weapon offhand trinket x2

7500 valor? 7000 with a 2H or Garrosh weapon, 6500 with Garrosh 2H.

I already have 3000 valor banked, so that's almost halfway done. Another 5 weeks will get me there.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I'm not sure what to read of this. The two options are either WoD is far off and this is a way to extend MoP somehow or, this is a way to boost people up who can't clear Garrosh (I can't). Personally I'm still enjoying leveling new toons and gearing them up for now. It's not too hard to get valor currently, but with the new timeless isle thingie it will be even easier. I wonder if that works with the 50% valor buff once you cap on one character.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Oh, and as someone who doesn't have a lot of high end pieces I'm cool with this, I probably don't even have enough items worth spending my 3k valor on now anyways. Anyone want to carry me?

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Synbios View Post
    I'm not sure what to read of this. The two options are either WoD is far off and this is a way to extend MoP somehow or, this is a way to boost people up who can't clear Garrosh (I can't). Personally I'm still enjoying leveling new toons and gearing them up for now. It's not too hard to get valor currently, but with the new timeless isle thingie it will be even easier. I wonder if that works with the 50% valor buff once you cap on one character.
    This is a straight nerf to Siege of Orgrimmar, but it's not the typical nerf where they just put a zonewide debuff on all the bosses that goes up every week, they want people to grind it out so the content lasts longer. It's the evolution of what they started doing with Wrath raids.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

As someone who probably didn't have a shot at a full HC clear prior to this, I welcome this change. I play semi-casual but just don't play with people who are up for raiding. My only hope prior was paying for a carry but now I might have more luck finding a group to run with.

Yeah this their way of gradually nerf. Although for most people, their best 6 slots (since if you are raiding you probably have 3000 valor just banked) at +8 ilvl will make a significant immediate impact.

This patch is probably still 2-4 weeks away?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

They are dropping this whole upgrade shit next expansion right?

Yeah, but I would expect it to return at some point.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Patch Tomorrow. Get ready to grind!