BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    the geo-mythic looks pathetic, only +10 Geomancy skill and luopan damage taken -25%, no ability or trait enhancing stuff? come on. yes luopan survivability is nice, especially with the additional -30% DT we got for free. but seriously for a mythic weapon this is underwhelming if its not boosting any kind of ability...
    This so much. Still going to make it though.

Only benefit I'm seeing out of it in a party situation is being able to nuke/debuff while keeping the mythic equipped and retaining your -DT. Still very annoyed that it'll be a weaker nuking option than 119 staves, but I suppose it's a give and take situation, nuke weaker to let your luopan survive a bit longer. Maybe they'll go back and add a JA enhance to it, just seems awkward to have it augment nothing.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    This so much. Still going to make it though.

Only benefit I'm seeing out of it in a party situation is being able to nuke/debuff while keeping the mythic equipped and retaining your -DT. Still very annoyed that it'll be a weaker nuking option than 119 staves, but I suppose it's a give and take situation, nuke weaker to let your luopan survive a bit longer. Maybe they'll go back and add a JA enhance to it, just seems awkward to have it augment nothing.
    maybe it has a hidden effect of extending the radius the luopans indispells gives as buffs ¬.¬, i really doubt so, and I also doubt they will go back and add anything to it... i cant remember one instance they ever did that on any legendary weapon (upgrades from 75-99 not counted, since those were upgrades).

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

the geo-mythic looks pathetic, only +10 Geomancy skill and luopan damage taken -25%, no ability or trait enhancing stuff? come on. yes luopan survivability is nice, especially with the additional -30% DT we got for free. but seriously for a mythic weapon this is underwhelming if its not boosting any kind of ability...
    Idk sounds pretty nice considering how much luopon survivability matters. Plus 86% dt with just that and af hands is huge. Loupons only taking ~1/8 normal dmg while you can still keep a decent ilvl defensive set on...

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

If you can land your nukes, you can offhand Boelabunga or similar for more magic damage.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    If you can land your nukes, you can offhand Boelabunga or similar for more magic damage.
    going /nin is a bit of a huge sacrifice for a "supporter" job like geo, i really detest to give up /sch, /whm or /rdm sub (depending on situation) for /nin :/

there is tough still hope with the SE planning to add more mage shield options which would fix the whole magic damage thing and equal it to staves.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    Only problem with that is you become a dedicated nuker/bubbler. Geo's spell selection is pretty bullshit, and without /Rdm, you're left with nukes and sleeps. No backup curing, no debuffs, no refresh, haste, SS, blink, Aquaveil, no convert, just nukes. I'd lose my mind if I had to rely fully on someone else for cures, refresh, haste, etc.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    Only problem with that is you become a dedicated nuker/bubbler. Geo's spell selection is pretty bullshit, and without /Rdm, you're left with nukes and sleeps. No backup curing, no debuffs, no refresh, haste, SS, blink, Aquaveil, no convert, just nukes. I'd lose my mind if I had to rely fully on someone else for cures, refresh, haste, etc.
    hence why i hope the new mage shields they announced equal out the magic damage to staves mostly.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Fival View Post
    I don't remember if theres a JA cap and a gear cap for enmity, but i thought it was just 1 general cap at +100 enmity, which sentinel gives, and the new job point for sentinel gives +1 enmity per level, maybe im misremembering enmity.
    Sentinel enmity decays too so this might help mitigate that some

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

hence why i hope the new mage shields they announced equal out the magic damage to staves mostly.
    Forgot about those. Hopefully you're right, cause outside of screwing around solo with trusts, I don't see myself going /Nin or /Dnc anytime soon to max out the nukes.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

going /nin is a bit of a huge sacrifice for a "supporter" job like geo, i really detest to give up /sch, /whm or /rdm sub (depending on situation) for /nin :/
    I think most mages would but as long as that is an option clubs wont be as strong as staffs. Would be nice if they just made dw a normal everyone trait and then tiers up for reduction for the jobs that currently have it

Campaign
    BG Level

Kinda agree with this. Was expecting some job specific enhancement like potency, or range, or reduced mp cost or dunno... it looks so plain instead...
    :'(

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

25% DT on Geo mythic makes Luopans at least twice as durable. It is just too bad that SE put the fix for the entire job on the mythic. It ie like the support job version of Kenkonken now.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I don't think people appreciate how much GEO gains by having to apply a luopon half as much. Losing debuffs during the (frequent) reapplication phase is pretty large hit to the job. This is extremely helpful.

Also, apparently the RUN JSE GSD has always had 5% PDT II? Why don't they tell us these things :l

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

any way to know the full ergon quests from the NPC dialog tables?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

maybe it has a hidden effect of extending the radius the luopans indispells gives as buffs ¬.¬, i really doubt so, and I also doubt they will go back and add anything to it... i cant remember one instance they ever did that on any legendary weapon (upgrades from 75-99 not counted, since those were upgrades).
    I would totally count Aegis and Burtgang's ability to bypass their respective caps as a retroactive adjustment.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

One of the biggest retroactive adjustments the game has ever seen

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Hmmm that gswd actually makes Run better at reducing physical dmg than an a pld while it's wearing aegis...

Also a lot of the reive specific stuff looks awesome in reives which might be worth it if the cost of things that need the super balyd are high since the exchange rate is 10k

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Hmmm that gswd actually makes Run better at reducing physical dmg than an a pld while it's wearing aegis...

Also a lot of the reive specific stuff looks awesome in reives which might be worth it if the cost of things that need the super balyd are high since the exchange rate is 10k
    i wonder why the WAR GAX reive weapon was the only one getting conserve TP +40 instead fo save TP hmmm... something somethign about FC something something

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Do we have the ability to look into the text for the RUN/GEO mythic ws?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Homestead weapons are from bayld or sparks? There's a few pieces that I'm gonna have to acquire.

The RUN sword is nice.. sad that it's not closer to dmg to Aettir but I guess the 2-3 hits make up for that DPS wise. Hopefully the WS will be worth using.