BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21
    Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by ccl View Post
    700m isn't that bad to farm atm and if you enjoy run/geo it's better/cheaper than afterglow!(maybe it's just asura, but I know at least 5 people working on afterglow atm)
    if you mean by farm, fishing on multiple chars yes, otherwise nope. farming legitim 700 mil requires alot of time with only 1char.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by CoreyX View Post
    lol @ people seriously discussing the strain of fishbotting on their computers. This is why people think capped gil is chump change. Legitimately making 700 million gil to make a GEO/RUN mythic would take a long, long time
    lol @ you thinking anyone is legitimately capping their gil with fishbots. it's a ridiculously inefficient way of making money, the only time it's useful is when you're asleep and thus unable to do more intensive tasks, if you're into that. the people with capped gil didn't get it with hakuryus, but the way(s) they got it that way are either dead and buried, or dying.

doesn't change the fact that it's difficult to reach 700m for the average player, but assuming that people will find it "easier" due to fishbots is ridiculous. maybe if they have like 10 ebisus fishing for them every day, then I could see it being "fast". Fishing to cap every single day (good luck), it'd take about 340 days to hit 700,000,000g. I can make 4~5 million a day in 2 hours and 20 minutes (some would argue that's even on the low end, but I'm only including things that Joe Everyman can do whenever he wants) while the guys fishing all day are making 2mil if they manage to pull up 200 Haks before reset. The only difference is I have to put in the minute amount of effort that it takes to do pre-SoA content. So trust me, blaming fishbots for anything is just dumb, unless you assume everyone out there is running 3+ fish bots, maintaining them all with bait, and catching cap every day with each of them.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    if you mean by farm, fishing on multiple chars yes, otherwise nope. farming legitim 700 mil requires alot of time with only 1char.
    On asura, you can still make 20m/day selling delve win/dm drop; fishing(even afk botting) is an horrible way of making gil, If I can make 700m selling rare/ex/win/stuff <2months; everyone with friends could.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by ccl View Post
    On asura, you can still make 20m/day selling delve win/dm drop; fishing(even afk botting) is an horrible way of making gil, If I can make 700m selling rare/ex/win/stuff <2months; everyone with friends could.
    I think you mean if you can then anyone on asura can... but when you're on the server that didn't get a delve win in your timezone till after most servers had pretty much stopped farming delve it's a little different.

Should also mention that fishing is even worse than it used to be. THe whole "good" thing about it was spend a minute or 2 then afk while you do other stuff or sleep or whatever.... except now each time you try to real on in you have a small chance of DCing that SE seems in no hurry to fix

Campaign
    BG Level

On server X there's a FEW people who can make that much money.
    This doesn't mean everybody can get the same money.

The people interested in delve wins (and willing to pay) are a maybe large but decreasing number, and it's always the same.
    Wether on Leviathan there's 1 group selling wins or there's 3, or 5 or 10 it's not like the group of possible customers is going to magically increase.
    Which kinda means the more people sell wins, the faster the customer base will decrease, the less money you'll get.
    Just to clarify because otherwise it might seem that if one person can do it, then everybody can do it. Yes, in theory, but in reality we're talking about a finite number of resources (players) which are slowly maybe but costantly going to reduce up to the point they will become irrelevant.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

You can always move to the next big selling thing, pretty sure it would be easy to find buyer for New fight rare/ex

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    I think you mean if you can then anyone on asura can... but when you're on the server that didn't get a delve win in your timezone till after most servers had pretty much stopped farming delve it's a little different.
    idk, scene on Bahamut has changed a lot since Delve 1. There were only a few groups making any progression, albeit slowly, back then. There's at least 3 LSs going at different times now though, maybe more, my work schedules got me missing out on much of the day time scene. But between Enigma, Revision, and Virtual, they're all selling clears/items yeah?

Can only speak from Revision's experience, but we've been selling Delve 2s since the week after it's update, DM items for 2-3 months, and that's just as a LS effort. With all of it being capable of being lowmanned, it's not too hard to get together 6-8 people that just wanna make some quick cash selling clears. Even N-D DM can be lowmanned if specific items are being sought after.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    idk, scene on Bahamut has changed a lot since Delve 1. There were only a few groups making any progression, albeit slowly, back then. There's at least 3 LSs going at different times now though, maybe more, my work schedules got me missing out on much of the day time scene. But between Enigma, Revision, and Virtual, they're all selling clears/items yeah?

Can only speak from Revision's experience, but we've been selling Delve 2s since the week after it's update, DM items for 2-3 months, and that's just as a LS effort. With all of it being capable of being lowmanned, it's not too hard to get together 6-8 people that just wanna make some quick cash selling clears. Even N-D DM can be lowmanned if specific items are being sought after.
    Oh now there are though can't speak for the rest but I believe I contacted revision several months ago back when they were selling wins for like 20 mil.... but the times they were running during EU times so couldn't make weekday runs.

But yeah I think part of the problem now is all of those (ok maybe not DM) are being shouted for all the time with some success with the delve adjustments and all the new ilvl stuff. Heck mischief keeps soloing everything lol

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I havent crashed during Fishing since the fishingfix plugin was added to windower.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpy View Post
    I havent crashed during Fishing since the fishingfix plugin was added to windower.
    Ah well I didn't know there was an addon to download to fix it

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

While I sympathize with everyone's gil problems, I never have enough, so I am stuck having to make more! My problem is around how and where issues. I keep seeing everyone post about what you need, lacking an item or their rank, has anyone actually been doing this that could offer some advice?

After trading in the stage 2 items, Runje gives you a key item Superlative Runic Ring of Deluge she tells you to take it somewhere strong with runic energy and that should trigger something. Armed with this minimal amount of knowledge, I'm trying to figure out where to go next, so I can get to the next phase and spend hours on end trading to Ornery Dhole. I find it amusing SE will let you trade multiple items to convert to obsidian fragments, but only lets you exchange back for 1 item at a time.../stagger

So far I've tried retracing some of the rune af quest locations (Strange apparatus,etc..) with no success. The only thing of note was a Runic Overflow in Marjami at i-12 which didn't do anything but say a strong runic force is nearby.

Has anyone found anything or have any idea what needs to be done?

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I saw some strange places in Doh Gates earlier, like Font of Power and such. Might want to check those out?

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It looks like the sports are called Runic Overflow. JP friend directed me to K-10 in Foret by OP#2. Trade the sword, CS with Braga and a flashback to Marjami and how powerful of a swordswoman she was. >_< next!

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Didn't see this as a Known Issue, but I was somehow able to flag "Saved by the Bell" and only one of my Coalitions is Legend, however, when I went to click the spot in Dho Gates, the sentence, "Hushed voices are carried upon the slight winds that waft over this pool of water.", but I was not given the Rusted Handbell, and the Quest was deleted from my log, and now the Mithra will not speak to me.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

nevermind