BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    How did people get that Shiromochi is level 81?
    Yesterday I crafted a bit more than 7 stacks of them (around 90ish synths?) and didn't get not even one HQ.
    No fails either though.

I'm only 103 Cooking, for part of those 90ish synths I also had another +3 from adv synth support but that doesn't bring me up a tier anyway. Was also using HQ+1% ring and Tiny Rusk.
    I was expecting at least a couple of HQs from a level 81 recipe...
    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    They are between cream puffs and emperor roe which should put them at 81 which makes them definitely t2 able easy
    What can I say rng is rng

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    How did people get that Shiromochi is level 81?
    Yesterday I crafted a bit more than 7 stacks of them (around 90ish synths?) and didn't get not even one HQ.
    No fails either though.

I'm only 103 Cooking, for part of those 90ish synths I also had another +3 from adv synth support but that doesn't bring me up a tier anyway. Was also using HQ+1% ring and Tiny Rusk.
    I was expecting at least a couple of HQs from a level 81 recipe...
    Did you have the ring that blocks HQ on?

Campaign
    BG Level

Nope I dont' even own one.
    I was using the HQ+1% one and the... uhm don't remember if I had materials loss one or the synth success rate one, one of the two. And a Hocho mainhand.
    I mean, my Cooking setup sucks because I never have time to farm for Guild Points etc, but at the same time with over 90 I was expecting at least a couple of HQ... but in the end RNG is RNG, times like these "compensate" those times when you get an unexpectedly high HQ rate in a T1 range, I suppose.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Hate to hijack a thread, but is anyone else excited about the synthesis history and kit recipes in the next update?

Campaign
    BG Level

As long as they remain capped to level 50... not really excited, no.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah not sure I understand the reasoning... they said the whole point of this is to help us get past levels that are hard to find materials for... but don't let us do it at the levels where material acquisition becomes a problem. I really don't think they have any clue what actually goes on in this game

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

oh it's for recipes <= 50? I wasn't aware of that. Nm then. For cooking for instance, all the 7 or 8 ingredient synths that I would need the recipe reminder for are higher level lol.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Really not enthused about this... like others i hope they dont raise the cap post 70 (or the then-current sub craft cap)

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I assume they're doing to 50 first then may progressively increase it later on. I'm glad for this and would be hopeful they'll do it for later levels too.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

the kits will all be for <50, but have they released any details about how the synth history will function? something like a "repeat previous synth" would earn much love from anyone who crafts in bulk. stackable ores coming too right?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Ok after reading the developer's forum posts a few clarifications:

1) I was mostly excited about the synthesis HISTORY with cooking and the history function as shaggnix pointed out is not necessarily limited to recipes <=50. This history would help me with my cooking mule with lots of higher level recipes with 7-8 ingredient synths and I wish to diversify what products I'm making.

2) The synthesis KITS would help some crafts less so others. I think it would be great for smithing/goldsmithing in ingot synthesis if the idea is(as I'm interpreting the developer's post correctly) to purchase one kit and use a crystal on it. 1Kit+ 1 crystal is better than having to purchase like 4 ores from the AH or even from an npc one at a time THEN use the crystal on it. Also as someone pointed out, no one bothers to mine anymore so some ores may not be available for ingot synthesis even if a higher level crafter needed it for a higher level synth. This availability also helps smithing/goldsmithing because in those crafts long stretches of lvls use the same type of ingot so they'd need a lot of them. In OTHER crafts such as cooking there's more variety in recipes of similar level; if a material were unavailable, we'd just use another recipe to lvl. This addition may also help leathercraft just for the convenience of not getting distilled water and tea leaves lol but the other crafts... nah i don't see it helping.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Ingot finding isn't as hard as it once was with the ridiculous amounts you get from mog gardens

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

That and hopefully all ores will stack next update so maybe people will sell stacks instead of just npcing them. Same with logs and other crap that doesn't yet stack. Unless the kits are super cheap I don't think they're gonna get a lot of use.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

ores, logs, hides, skins, etc etc etc if all stackable like they are saying, this update is going to be amazing!