Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    blax n gunz
    BG Level

Disgaea 4 (Vita) | Complete+ (PS4/NSW) - 2019

Preorder is up

Release Dates: 8/12 (NA) 8/29 (EU)
    Both regions are getting physical and digital releases

LE goodies:

Not much compared to PS3 titles but it's vita at retail, you can't get your hopes up that high.

Trailer:

Screenshots

I should mention that by far Vita has proven to be a phenomenal platform for RPGs, be they PSP downloads, PSOne Classics or Vita native titles.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

How was this game?

I loved 1 and D2, 2 was OK, but for the life of me I couldn't get through 3.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Better story than 3
    Keeps the geo-cubes instead of the pyramidal geo symbols from 1&2
    I like the characters from 4 more than 2's cast.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

And, preordered. Can't wait to play through this again, 4 is definitely my favorite of the series. Though, that chara world grind is a little insane, heh.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Def getting this, I hope they do D2 for the vita also as that was a lot of fun.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

They sure took their sweet fucking time, christ. This series was always better on the handhelds, and it's why I held off on getting the PS3 release (now nearly three years old), so I'm glad I'll have something to play on my Vita in the summer, since there's not really anything big scheduled for it in the coming months.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Out tomorrow!

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Oh shit nice!

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I forgot all about this, I should probably pick it up since I haven't played the original Disgaea 4.

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Correction View Post
    Better story than 3
    Keeps the geo-cubes instead of the pyramidal geo symbols from 1&2
    I like the characters from 4 more than 2's cast.
    I have to agree. Then again, I thought that 2 was a disappointing load of dog shit, so it's difficult for me to ever recommend it.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Mine arrived yesterday so I played for a few hours. They really did a great job fixing up some of the annoying things. Being able to skip the attack animations with a button press like in D2 is great. Lot of little stuff like that is really nice.

Funnily enough I have the PS3 version but barely played it. Now that this is on Vita I might actually complete it.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Funnily enough I have the PS3 version but barely played it. Now that this is on Vita I might actually complete it.
    That was the case for me too lol.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Vita is a superior platform for SRPGs period. Nothing quite like being able to suspend/resume at will during an item world grind.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Just encountered my first bug , it was on chapter 3 stage 1 where the monsters try to kill you to get pardons. I took the cat person you get from DLC for free and used triple strick to knock a thief type character back onto the green geo block on the catwalk thing. It used the move and the thief bugged and flew behind my character and ended up in the lava... I wasn't able to target them or progress at all, so I tried walking a mage character near it to nuke somehow and the game froze like two turns after she hit the lava. I reported it but just incase anyone didn't save in a while before something like that lol. Seems the release is kinda buggy.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Yeah the release is a little half-baked. Text alignment bugs everywhere. Slowdown like a motherfucker on Item General/King/God floors. There's often quite a lengthy wait to transition to/from your home base.
    I haven't had this freeze up on me yet, but then again I don't use Stella/Rutile for anything lol.

Still having fun.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Okay, here's a really annoying change. When you level an item in the item world, it no longer adds the level of it to its icon. Like this item here that is obviously level 200.

In this version you have to actually scroll to the item to see its level. When you have a ton of shit that's really annoying.

That's really the only downgrade from the ps3 version I've seen so far (besides the slowdown)

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Yeah that's been bugging me for a while, but I can sort by item level when I'm emptying my bags/warehouse so it hasn't really slowed me down that much.

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by chiyio View Post
    Okay, here's a really annoying change. When you level an item in the item world, it no longer adds the level of it to its icon. Like this item here that is obviously level 200.
    When you consider how important the Item World is to the game, this is weird as hell. What a boneheaded change. I can't understand, from a design perspective, why they would do it. Equally, I can't imagine it being due to a bug they didn't fix it in time. How bizarre.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Are Jennifer, Gordon and Thursday available as DLC for this? I can't seem to find that anywhere, they weren't in D2 which annoyed me