FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I think he's unrelated. He looks like one of those Time Patrol guys from that Dragonball MMO overseas, where Trunks actually acts like a time police officer, trying to preserve it or something.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    I think he's unrelated. He looks like one of those Time Patrol guys from that Dragonball MMO overseas, where Trunks actually acts like a time police officer, trying to preserve it or something.
    That's the leading theory from what I've seen. From the Japan Expo;

SiliconEra interview with Dimps
    Dimps has a long history developing Dragon Ball fighting games and they are returning to the series with Dragon Ball Xenoverse. The upcoming game is the first Dragon Ball title for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

During battles, characters will talk to each other and have different facial expressions when they strike an opponent or get hit. Siliconera spoke with Bandai Namco games producer Masayuki Hirano and Masahiro Kashino to talk about developing Dragon Ball Xenoverse and discuss fighting game mechanics.

What can you tell us about the mysterious character wearing the Capsule Corp shirt at the end of the Dragon Ball Xenoverse trailer?

Masayuki Hirano, Producer at Bandai Namco Games: There’s not a whole lot we can say right now. We can say, the character and setting you saw will play a big role in the game.

Previous Dragon Ball Z games have for the most part tried to recreate the anime story as-is in a video game. We want to do something different with this title. We know there are a lot of fans out there that want to relive those great moments from Dragon Ball Z and we’re not going to let them down. We’re going to create something they like, but it’s going to be a little different in Xenoverse.

I noticed there was cancelling in Dragon Ball Xenoverse? Can you tell us more about how this will work?

Masahiro Kashino from Dimps: You’ve got a good eye. It’s hard to say right now, since the game is still in development. We’re doing a lot behind the scenes in terms of balancing, so we can’t say specifically of what kinds of attacks you can cancel at this point. It is in the game, though.

Dimps has a lot of experience developing fighting games from Street Fighter IV to The Rumble Fish. What have you learned as a developer between from when you started to Dragon Ball Xenoverse?

MK: We’ve been fortunate to be able to work on many titles over the years. We’ve taken the experience from developing those games with our team members and bringing those ideas together in the best ways we can, not just from a gameplay standpoint, but from a graphical standpoint.

Since Dragon Ball Xenoverse is a 3D fighting game with a giant field, can you talk about how this is different from making a 2D fighting game?

MK: There’s a huge difference. [Laughs] I feel it’s easier to make a mistake with a 3D fighting game. The cinematography is challenging. For a 3D fighting game, the camera angle could be coming from anywhere and we have to find a camera angle to make this as good as possible.

Ah, yeah I saw there are new facial expressions for Dragon Ball Xenoverse where characters have different facial expressions when they get it and attack. It’s kind of like CyberConnect2′s Naruto fighting games.

MK: Thanks for noticing that! [Laughs] There are more [facial animation frames] than other Dragon Ball games, but the specific number is something we would have to check with the animators.

What do you think will be the biggest evolution for the fighting game genre with the new wave of consoles?

MK: This is my personal option, social features, community, and online features are important for fighting games.

Dimps makes a lot of games that are played at tournaments like EVO. Are you trying to make Dragon Ball Xenoverse more tournament friendly?

MH: We’re not specifically trying to make a tournament fighting game. We are aiming to make a game that people want to learn how to play.

What are your favorite special attacks?

MH: I’ve been waiting for someone to ask me that! Tien’s Tri-Beam because when that special move is used there’s a lot of drama going on. [Laughs]

MK: I like way too many to pick one, but I like when characters use rapid fire ki blasts. There are going to be lots of ways players can use rapid fire ki blasts in the game.

But, wait Tien hasn’t been confirmed for Dragon Ball Xenoverse yet.

MH: [Laughs] He’s my favorite character, so he’s going to be in the game!
    http://www.siliconera.com/2014/07/02...all-xenoverse/

off-screen Japan Expo trailer

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Basically this is going to be a game version of Dragonball Online. Pretty much everything from that game is going to be in this.

I played the Taiwan version of DBO years back and it was alright.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Spoiler: show

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

I'd probably get this game after a price drop, but no ssj4 vegeta w/o pre-order makes it a deal breaker.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Pre-order stuff sometimes ends up as pay for DLC.

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Incidentally, this is the first DBZ fighting game with an original story. Buu's Fury doesn't count.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Delicious underboob

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Delayed a week for quality control, now February 24 NA & February 27 EU
    http://gematsu.com/2015/01/dragon-ba...layed-one-week

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Nice that's pay day for me looks like I have a full bank on that preorder

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

So sick of the chopping up of content, but from everything I've heard about the gameplay and plot, its a really good game.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Allies can be Evil too, Démigra soon to be revealed
    Spoiler: show

Also, Jaco is a pre-order bonus for Japan. I guess he's also coming to NA & EU, but it's not yet revealed how to acquire him.

http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Jaco

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

This game just sounds huge. Like, a LOT of content packed in. This is reminding me more of the new Naruto games where the console space just allows for tons of content to be layered on each year.

Def. keeping an eye on it, and I'm looking forward to the next gen versions of these series.

Also, off-topic, but fucking From Software needs to pool some of that Dark Souls money together and MAKE A NEW GODDAMNED ARMORED CORE! Jesus. PS4 is here, bros. You can make a game that is locked at 60 FPS (I'll be nice and say 30 FPS online with 10v10 matches). Lets make that shit happen, eh?

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

New Armored Core game would be tits.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Not in that ACV style, though, with ACs being like 8 feet tall and power walking around. Get me back to the AC4 or Nexus style. I wanna dance around in the air again. Speed and agility or overwhelming ground firepower.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

It's closer to 2 years now since Verdict Day released so hopeful on what a PS4/XB1 version could be like.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Money can't be an issue for them right with DS blowing up, and I'm super stoked for them having that success. I wonder if the AC team got shifted over to DS games, though, considering how much more profitable one is over the other.

Fuck your profits, though; give me dakka in more AC games.