FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by SephYuyX View Post
    Why that music..?
    Urban Market?

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    It needs hit confirms, no block button, no run button, walking speed increased, and not terrible models. They nailed the storyline mode in 9, so I expect that to be worth a purchase by itself. I'll check it out!!
    Block button is kinda a part of Mortal Kombat... I guess it is an outdated mechanic these days with some crowds... But I've never hated it.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

It needs hit confirms, no block button, no run button, walking speed increased, and not terrible models. They nailed the storyline mode in 9, so I expect that to be worth a purchase by itself. I'll check it out!!
    Thats a terrible idea. You want a MK game that doesn't play like an MK game. I doubt Netherrealm would completely change styles that has worked for them in the past. I prefer games to have their own style and system instead of trying to copy somebody else.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It's not a Capcom thing, everyone but NRS does that. It is their "style" but it keeps some of the more serious players from wanting to touch their games. They started aiming in the right direction with Injustice by removing the block button and offering the alternate input scheme, but it still comes with mechanics that are jarring in the face of every other fighting game on the planet.

Granted Welt is talking about this from the POV of a hard core fighting game player which isn't really the core market. BUT, long term viability of the game = more stream time at tournaments which in theory means better long term sales. Otherwise you get relegated to the bitch streams and ain't nobody watching those (sorry Calli)

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

They need Japanese fighting style hit confirms in the game; MK is "dial-a-combo" which means whether your initial attack hits or is blocked that you basically do the same string regardless. Most FGC type of players hate this type of thing.
    Let me get this straight, you just explained that MK needs to be "Japanese", then very basically explained a magic series game, which so happens to be every VS series and Darkstalkers series in existance.

Then you said FGC players don't like this type of thing.

Welt, you silly mang. People like Marvel, but they hate MK. You know why.

Cammannnn.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

If I didn't make myself clear, game will be dead on arrival for anyone with a major pulse in the FGC, simply because it's an NRS game and not a Capcom game. Yes they will put about 2 weeks to a month in, and then abandon the game like they do every other. The core mechanics was never an issue. If it was, then people would hate Guilty Gear for it's singular character complexities or KOF for it's excessively tight combo strings. Or anything animeu or Skullgirls because it's animeu or Skullgirls. Anyone with a major pulse hate those games as well for the very same reason depicted above.

However the game will do well with the casual players as it has always done.

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sho View Post
    Let me get this straight, you just explained that MK needs to be "Japanese", then very basically explained a magic series game, which so happens to be every VS series and Darkstalkers series in existance.

Then you said FGC players don't like this type of thing.

Welt, you silly mang. People like Marvel, but they hate MK. You know why.

Cammannnn.
    NRS style dialups are pretty different from magic series. In a magic series/chain combo you can still hit confirm by the second hit and change what you want to do with the rest of the combo, end in a safe move or cover with assist, realize the hit and launch/super/etc. With NRS combos you input the entire string at the time of the first button and hope it hits, lol.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

You can call it a bad idea if you want, but if the game has MK dialup combos, it will be dead after two weeks. I don't think it will have a block button because they did away with that in Injustice, and even MK players liked that.

Also Sho, MK dial combos and nothing even close to VS series ones >_> In VS, you have time after you realized it was blocked to change the string to something safe. In MK, you just go for it from the get-go like Calli stated.

I'm going to get it, and I hope it turns out great!

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Honestly as a competitive player in other games I specifically enjoy/buy NRS games for the casual appeal. If my friends who don't play seriously come over, they aren't going to want to play me in Street Fighter. Putting on MK and having it just be all uppercuts, jump kicks, and fatalities is a bunch of fun for everyone.

BG Level

I loved the MK9 single player story.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

If anything, I'm glad scorpion won in that trailer. It seems like they beat him around a lot in the series (unless that changed with 9? I never played it).

edit:

Maxmillian did a review on the trailer. Pretty interesting breakdown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R66l...r6ow_jbote4BKA

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Don't call it MK 10 or MK Cross, it's MK Ex
    RT @shiftyraccoon So is it pronounced Mortal Kombat Ex, Ten or Cross? @noobde EB: Officially its "Ex". But I'm sure some will say "ten".
    https://twitter.com/noobde/statuses/473572797684256768

Ok.... might as well throw in MK Crossroads, like some WWF PPV Event lol

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Waiting for E3 when they announce the second half of the title

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Please be EXCITED

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

the X is for

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post
    the X is for
    You will be sucked

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/06/04...-says-ed-boon/

Mortal Kombat X’s Story Placement “Hard To Explain” Says Ed Boon

Since the reveal of Mortal Kombat X earlier in the week, Mortal Kombat co-creator Ed Boon has been tweeting about the game. Boon says that the game will be shown at E3, adding that gameplay for the title will be shown off at the event.

When asked if Mortal Kombat X will continue from the last Mortal Kombat game’s story or whether it will be a new, original story, Boon replied, “Sort of BOTH.. hard 2 explain.”

In reply to another user, Boon confirmed that some of Mortal Kombat X’s story details will be shared at E3. He added, “I think you will like the premise for MKX!”

Finally, Boon also confirmed that new fighters for the game will be shown off at E3, including two of his new favourites.

Mortal Kombat X is in development for PC, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4. It will be released in 2015.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

RIP

https://mobile.twitter.com/noobde/st...15129378275328

For the lazy, block button confirmed.

BG Level

Welp, its already dead from a competitive standpoint then. Worth it for casuals.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

got a definite chang and choi vibe ala cvs2 from the new big character, not sure what to make of the insect lady.