+ Reply to Thread
    Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Oreo Ku'ki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Parse some XML into a widget of some sort

So I'm trying to take some XML and figure out which way would be best to get it into a widget (most likely either Rainmeter or XWidget). I could hardcode it and be lazy and get it to work in rainmeter with a lot of redundant code, but I'd prefer to keep it dynamic, and I think that's going to result in either learning/using lua, or something else.

Anyway, I have a bunch of devices I'm wanting to monitor, with different amounts of information on each device, then I plan on having it displayed based on timestamps.

Right now my question to those of you here would be, what would be the best way to start for parsing the xml?

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Etrigan Elric
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

well XWidget has no actual documentation sitting on their site, and Rainmeter looks to use LUA pretty decently. I'd say go and learn up on LUA and you should be able to write your widget in no time. I haven't played around with lua much, but if it doesn't have a way to natively parse xml, im sure someone made a tool or library to make it easier. Whether that works with Rainmeter or not, who knows.

best of luck