+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Skai Aetheris
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Random Curiosity posted their Summer 2014 preview. http://randomc.net/2014/06/18/summer-2014-preview/

Edit:
    Although I'll try to give everything an episode or two just to check it out, the following are my sure picks to watch this season:

Glasslip
    Shirogane no Ishi: Argevollen
    Tokyo Ghoul
    RAIL WARS! Caught my attention the moment Gulk called it boob wars. :D
    Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Crystal FIGHTING EVIL BY MOONLIGHT! WINING LOVE BY DAYLIGHT!
    Sword Art Online II There were many mixed feelings about this series, but I still love the premise and hope it's better than the second arc of previous season.
    ALDNOAH.ZERO Creator and director of Fate/Zero are working on this? Count me in!
    Barakamon Enjoyed the heck outta Seirei no Moribito, so having both the director and composer from Moribito on this is enough to catch my attention.
    Jinsei Looks cute and I like cute.
    Akame ga Kill!
    Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun Any anime with voice actor Yuichi Nakamura is a must watch to me. Love that guy.
    Hanayamata Director of No Game No Life? Yes please.
    Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma☆Illya Zwei! Awww yeeeaaah!!
    Zankyou no Terror Lotta hype surrounding this. I will join the hype! Not to mention Cowboy Bebop director though though though.
    Tokyo ESP Love me some ESP shenanigans.
    Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance Love me some magic shenanigans too.
    Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!? Awww yisss another series with Yuichi Nakamura in it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Coolbeans View Post
    I still have no idea what the rules are to Wixoss after 12 episodes.
    Seriously, felt like Geass or something ending the season without any slightest clues. The only thing I'm thinking after the last episode is

Spoiler: show
    I think Tama and Ru knew each other before? Tama was a Selector that wanted to be with Ru? And when I asked myself that question this popped up in my mind: Is she her Grandma, lol? :D

Anyway, currently I feel that it's still missing that 'something' that made stuff like Madoka or Mai-HiME great for me, but it has potential. I just hope they're not planning god know how many seasons. 2 max pls.

Graduate of the BG School of FFXI
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    Anyway, currently I feel that it's still missing that 'something' that made stuff like Madoka or Mai-HiME great for me, but it has potential. I just hope they're not planning god know how many seasons. 2 max pls.
    The show is being made to sell the card the game so who knows. That said the true highlight of the show was definitely Yuzuki and Kazuki. Finally a wincest relationship in an anime that doesn't play out like a wish fulfillment fantasy for some sick fucks.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Gakkou Gurashi TV anime.
    Slice of life in Zombie apocalypses

Fate/kalaid liner promo(Season 2 will be 10 episode long).

DVD/BD materials Promo- for Lolicon/Yuri
    Register to see the NSFW content
    Rail Wars CM+Promo

Star and the Forces of Evil (Cartoon)

Thought it would mention this promising upcoming cartoon by Disney.

The Plot:
    After having skirmished with a number of dangerous monsters, Star Butterfly arrives on Earth to live with the Diaz family. However, rather than living a normal life, Star continues on having to battle villains both throughout the universe and in their high school, although if only to protect her extremely powerful wand, an object which she is still confused with.

The show was created by Daron Nefcy (storyboard revisionist of Wander Over Yonder), the first woman to create an animated series for Disney Channel. Dave Wasson will serve as director and Jordana Arkin as story editor, while both will also co-executive produce the series. This will also mark the debut of Kevin Barron’s first acting and voice acting role in which critics praise him for his amazing skills.”

The Characters:

Star Butterfly (Eden Sher), a magic teenage princess whom is sent to Earth to live with the Diaz family by her parents.

Marco Diaz (Adam McArthur), the teenage son of the Diaz family. When Star arrives on Earth, she takes him on adventures to fight evil villains.

Mercury Filmworks 2014 Demo Reel(Studio who does the animation for many Disney Channel cartoons such as Fish Hooks, Wander Over Yonder, Star and the Forces of Evil, and the new Mickey Mouse shorts, among many other cartoons outside of the channel).
    Just Click on "Watch On vimeo" as they didn't allow hot link.
    ISUCA Will be animated by Studio Arms(Queen's Blade, Samurai Girls, Gokukoku no Brynhildr)

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Hanayamata

February sakuga MAD

Star and the Forces of Evil (Cartoon)
    I will stop mention this show until it airs in Fall but some Storyboard have pop.
    http://derekleethompsonblog.com/wp-c...dTestPart1.pdf
    Looks like the creators are aiming for teenage demographics and shipping community(I trust the staff since they made some my favorite shows back in Cartoon Network days).

Edit

FUCK YES.
    Disney Television Animation picks up a second season order of Craig McCracken’s(Dexter’s Laboratory, The Powerpuff Girls) comedy series ‘Wander Over Yonder.' and a third season order of the Emmy and Annie Award-winning ‘Mickey Mouse’ cartoon shorts
    http://crackmccraigen.tumblr.com/pos...the-pick-up-of
    Disney has officially announced the pick up of Wander over Yonder Season 2 !!! The season was green lit back in February but we couldn’t talk about until they made the official announcement.
    Now that they have, I can say that we have lots of exciting new things planned for this season! Lots of new characters, lots of new planets, and lots of new challenges for Wander, Sylvia, Hater, and Peepers to deal with including a new villain who rivals Hater’s position as the greatest in the galaxy!
    We were picked up for 22 half hours, 4 of which will be full 22 minute episodes that form one long story arc. The other 36 cartoons will be traditional 11 minutes that stand alone but also loosely relate to the longer arc.
    We’re really having great time putting this season together, we’ve got some really funny episodes in the works and the dynamics between our main characters continues to evolve.
    Wander Season 1 is going strong on Disney XD and we still have lots of more S.1 episodes slated to air throughout the year!
    Thanks for watching, and if you love Wander as much as we do, please spread the word!
    Craig

The “Mickey Mouse” comedic cartoon shorts, spotlighting Disney’s #1 star, have reached over 135 million duplicated viewers worldwide, in 34 languages. Emmy Award-winning artist and director Paul Rudish (“Star Wars: Clone Wars”) is the executive producer and supervising director. Aaron Springer (“SpongeBob SquarePants”), Clay Morrow (“Dexter’s Laboratory”) and Dave Wasson (“Making Fiends”) are directors. The series airs daily on Disney Channel and Disney XD.
    Disney is killing it lately, very smart hiring the creators who left Cartoon Network.
    If you haven't been checking the show, it's amazing. especially the newest 4 episodes that aired in last 2 weeks

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Ano Natsu de Matteru OVA

Grisaia no Kajitsu Promo
    warning both manga+game have adult content. currently unknown if anime will be normal harem or will include it's adult content.

Fate/kalaid liner promo

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Ok, tokyo ghoul looks kinda of awesome O_o

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Tokyo Ghoul Ep1

The Good:
    the show looks god damn amazing. The animation in this episode was nuts and the background art looks superb(please tell me they didn't blow the whole show budget in first episode).

The bad:
    the story was ok(you can see the plot points a mile away). Not bad, not amazing, It has potential.

Fate/Kaleid Liner S2 Ep1

Waste way too much time on Slice of life segments with hardly any action.

Boob Wars ep1

Locodol Ep1

Another Slice of life about two girls who become some sort of idols with some weird fanservice.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Skai Aetheris
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

All right! Summer season begins! Time for some "Man of Little Words" impressions.

Glasslip 01
    Not sure what to think of this. Main girl is cute but that's about it for now.

Argevollen 01
    Promising so far. Big reason why I love mecha is because it's fucking badass. Also for awesome cockpit designs and this has it.

Tokyo Ghoul 01
    Damn this looks good. Animation is great.

Locodol 01
    Pretty cute.

Ace of Diamond 37
    Woot it's back after a week break. Continues to be great. Funny how I used to think baseball is a boring sport, but this show definitely changed my mind.

Baby Steps 01-13
    Got me hooked. Love seeing main dude's unique take on tennis.

Yowamushi Pedal 01-10
    Not even a biking guy but after first episode, I'm so in! Gonna binge the heck outta this over the weekend.

Ping Pong the Animation 01-03
    Other guys mentioned this was anime of the Spring season. Liking the story a lot but the visual is very tough to get into. Will definitely watch more to get a more informed opinion.

Edit:
    Yowamushi Pedal 11-23
    Just caught up to 23. Hakone sprinter is frigging hilarious. Finally understood Cream Soda's signature from a while ago. Shit so cash.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Haikyuu is AoTS. I can't begin to wrap my head around opinions that differ from this in any way. You should definitely be watching it.

Argevollen (sp, don't care) bored me after getting halfway through. Will wait to hear more.

Tokyo Ghoul was decent, but as mentioned above, seems generic plotwise.

Don't care about any of the other shit that has aired thusfar.

Baby Steps, Yowa Pedal, and Ace of Diamond are all amazing, of course.

Don't you dare stop watching Ping Pong because of the style. Shit's amazing.

2600klub
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    Haikyuu is AoTS. I can't begin to wrap my head around opinions that differ from this in any way. You should definitely be watching it.
    Wat.

Haikyuu is a decent sports anime, but it isn't AOTS.

Ping Pong, NGNL, Isshukan friends were all better, Yowa pedal also but thats a carryover from Winter.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Skai Aetheris
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Boob Wars 01
    Boob Wars indeed.

Sailor Moon Crystal 01
    How nostalgic. Still not sure about the use of 3D for the transformation though. It clashes with the overall style. Speaking of style, I know it's based on the original mangaka's, but I prefer the previous style. That's just me though.

Black Bullet 13
    Like what the other guys mentioned in the Black Bullet thread, pacing is all over the place. Rushed series make for bad series.

Brynhildr in the Darkness 13
    Same thing as Black Bullet. Episode felt so rushed. The potential is there though, I feel. Too bad.

Yowamushi Pedal 24-38
    Binge watching an anime is so easy when you have a series as good as Yowamushi Pedal. Time flies by so quick. Still waiting for someone to tell Midousuji he's gross to his face. Someone do it damn it!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Gryffes View Post
    Wat.

Haikyuu is a decent sports anime, but it isn't AOTS.

Ping Pong, NGNL, Isshukan friends were all better, Yowa pedal also but thats a carryover from Winter.
    You are now officially shit tier. I'll have to make a note of this somewhere.

Haikyuu is Chihayafuru with volleyballs. There is no other way to describe it.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Chihayafuru is in a league of its own, your nuts. But haikyuu is fantastic too, don't get me wrong.

Also, watched the first episode of Glasslip, I found it amusing how in the opening segment they were like "THESE ARE THE LOVE TRIANGLES YOU WILL HAVE TO DEAL WITH FOR THIS SHOW!!! We're making it super obvious right off the bat"

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    Also, watched the first episode of Glasslip, I found it amusing how in the opening segment they were like "THESE ARE THE LOVE TRIANGLES YOU WILL HAVE TO DEAL WITH FOR THIS SHOW!!! We're making it super obvious right off the bat"
    Not to mention "Let's be friends forever". Not laying it on thick at all.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Aldnoah Zero Ep 1

God damn easily the best opening episode of the season so far. I knew I was going to love this show for the fact it's done by Fate/Zero Staff. so this was some quality anime watching, I was at the edge of seat. The direction was absolutely top notch.

10/10

watch it. It's Fate/Zero with robots.

Sword Art Online S2 Ep1

That was just boring. Not as strong as the first season's opener but that would be hard to top. It's almost all setup. That said there was some decent character interaction between two leads so I'm sure some people will enjoy that. overall lets see how they will mess this up as the series continues. because nothing will top the incest and tentacle rape from first season.

Barakamon Ep1

This seems like it will be a fun series. It's has a very relaxed yet cheerful atmosphere. gave me a lot of smiles, especially with all the facial reactions.

None of the trackers are working for me for SAO :/

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Skai Aetheris
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Aldnoah Zero 01
    Wow. Amazing. I'm making the prediction this will end up as anime of the season of Summer. That animation. That story. That music. Just wow... What a first episode.

Barakamon 01
    This is going to be a very good slice of life. There are a lot of fun personalities.

Sword Art Online II 01
    The visuals are still really good. Interested in seeing Kirito's take on a gun-oriented MMO. Judging by the ED it's going to be unique, which is just what I like to see.

Mahouka 14
    Aw yeah I want to see Tatsuya kick some ass.

Ace of Diamond 38
    Damn this game is getting more and more intense!

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

HOLY FUCK ALDNOAH, why is this so good. The music composed by the same guy who did kill la kill and attack on titan, fucking amazing.