+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    Salvage Bans
    BG Level

he probably wouldnt last more than 5s in bed anyway.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I kinda think he was cute

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    To me it's not so much alpha/beta male as it is the glorification of the act of losing one's virginity. It's so romanticized and portrayed as a major step into being a competent adult, when really it's not quite that big a deal. Our society makes it SUCH a bigger deal than it actually is, and that's a huge problem because it helps cause shit like this, as well as pressuring adolescents to do it asap instead of when they really feel ready.
    I think it can be broken down simpler. If society didn't make it out that virgin is a dirty word, a lot of that pressure would vanish. Unfortunately, the perception has become that if you aren't having sex, there is something inherently wrong with you.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

everybody wants to be a victim

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

They key is to talk about gun control so nothing in the law will change to prevent this in the future.

Also I find it hard to believe that even an "insane" person can't find "love".

If I learned anything from the Beatles it is "All you need is love"

They need a dating site for the mentally ill. So they can love each other.

Seems twisted to use this to push an ideology instead of having a discussion on the seriousness of mentall illness and not adaqueately diaganosing and treating it. Especially when over half of this dude's victims were men. Police saw his videos and after interviewing him deemed him a perfectly "wonderful" fellow.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Mazmaz View Post
    How can we use a murder/suicide to push feminism...done.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

As if the hashtags aren't about the THOUSANDS UPON THOUSANDS of violent shit happening to women.

As if those violent acts are not, by and large, committed by MENTALLY HEALTHY MEN

As if this wasn't an act of misogynist extremism affected by mental illness

As if there aren't THOUSANDS out there defending and sympathizing this man's actions and ideologies (see Men's Rights Activists (MRA) and Pick Up Artist (PUA) communities)

As if mental illness exists in a vacuum

As if the vast majority of the mentally ill aren't VICTIMS of violence instead of PERPETRATORS

As if somehow he got the ideas of deserving a girlfriend/sex/affection out of thin air

As if the culture that surrounds him wasn't perpetrating those ideas OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN

As if this doesn't happen OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN and we brush it off OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN as "simply mentally ill individuals"

As if gender violence wasn't the main motivator

As if

Enter the not-all-men-isms

http://www.newstatesman.com/lifestyl...nist-extremism
    http://constitutiveoutsider.tumblr.c...ame-white-male
    https://medium.com/p/3986995f70c3

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

The guy that did this had many more issues than problems with women. Killing people might be the first on the list.

You can kill people for a million reasons not all murder has to be justified.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mazmaz View Post
    Oh god you've lit the Fedora signal. Here come the #notallmen neckbeards.

Quote Originally Posted by Meresgi View Post
    Kid was mentally ill, it says a lot for people to think it was some something else but bravo media bravo I guess.
    The context still matters. He left behind hundreds of pages of documentation about how women should be killed or put into concentration camps and used only for reproduction, it's worth discussing how such views were fed into his mind and reinforced his toxic outlook on humanity in general. To say 'well he was mentall ill' is a bit dismissive of the environment that fed into his delusions, and while I'm not about to hop onto the 'society pulled the trigger' bandwagon you have to look at shit like this and have a serious conversation why there is still such fertile ground online for the ideology behind Rodger's manifesto. Just maybe not here. BG is historically not a place for serious conversation.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Like most people, I've known and socialized with many people on both sides of this virginity nonsense -- fucking around in their early teens or feeling that D inside for the first time at age 27+. It was never really that big of a deal, especially with my anecdotal experiences in HS/college. Personally, I was right in the middle around 20-21. I was not a year away from crying about my virginity like he did in those posts. Never mind guns and the ability to conceive and execute this spree.

Kid obviously had numerous issues, but I can't help but wonder if he did get some terrible, one-pump-chump session in at 17 or 19.. what he'd be wailing about online instead.

No friends, no true parental support, no life, no direction, no drive, no interests, no worth without a vagina. Plenty of money and guns and crazy though.

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    Probably because getting knocked up requires less brain cells than playing video games.

Quote Originally Posted by Correction View Post
    The context still matters. He left behind hundreds of pages of documentation about how women should be killed or put into concentration camps and used only for reproduction, it's worth discussing how such views were fed into his mind and reinforced his toxic outlook on humanity in general. To say 'well he was mentall ill' is a bit dismissive of the environment that fed into his delusions, and while I'm not about to hop onto the 'society pulled the trigger' bandwagon you have to look at shit like this and have a serious conversation why there is still such fertile ground online for the ideology behind Rodger's manifesto. Just maybe not here. BG is historically not a place for serious conversation.
    You can be raised in a home with a mother and father who love you, give you candies, bring you up perfectly, and still turn out to be a psychopath if your brain is wired wrong. Looks like the kid didn't have a real good role model because daddy was too busy making $$ and mommy probably didn't want to bother with the kids in favor of going out on the town. The only deciding factor though was that he had major issues, and no one caught on because the people who should have noticed were too busy elsewhere. Anonymity online will always breed people saying wacky and crazy shit, most don't do anything other then talk because it's only anonymous online.

I don't for a second believe it was some sort of Patriarchal society blah blah blah, kid was narcissistic to the extreme and couldn't handle any rejection so he snapped. If not over this i'm sure he would have snapped if he got turned down for a bunch of jobs later in his 20s, or shot up a Starbucks when they didn't make his latte correct.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    Truth is this kid had everything money could buy except game, and a better therapist.
    I'm pretty sure you can buy that too.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

The only deciding factor though was that he had major issues, and no one caught on because the people who should have noticed were too busy elsewhere.
    He was seeing a psychiatrist from the age of 13. His parents called the cops on him after seeing his youtube videos. Plenty of people 'caught on' to his mental health issues. They failed to stop him from killing, but they knew something was wrong. A lot of effort is being put into painting him as 'the other,' some soulless monster that came out of nowhere and because of one reason (mental illness) decided to kill people. But this is an oversimplification, and it kind of bugs me that other avenues of inquiry are 'off limits' like his misogyny, his racism, and the places he found online that created a feedback loop for his hatred and rage. A lot of things are overlapping his mental illness, saying any one thing is the 'only thing' serves as little more than a deflection.

and the places he found online that created a feedback loop for his hatred and rage.
    This is the internet though, you can go anywhere to find people who justify you views and feed back into them. Hell most of Facebook is this, and they are developing technology to make it even more so. People don't like to read or think they may be wrong, they want to be justified in any way they can.

Was he just on medication via a psychiatrist or was he also in therapy? Can't just toss pills at people like this and HOPE they take them, and HOPE the first prescription works (it takes a lot of trial and error). Yeah the kid was misogynistic and racist, but i'm guessing a lot of even that stemmed purely from his narcissism. It looks like his hatred of women and others was due to his own feelings of inadequacy and not that he just hated them on principle.

Truth is this kid had everything money could buy except game, and a better therapist.
    Pretty much this. The cops being called on the youtube video is a fucked up thing, that shit should raise alarms pronto, but sometimes it just doesn't go to the right places fast enough.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Pretty much this. The cops being called on the youtube video is a fucked up thing, that shit should raise alarms pronto, but sometimes it just doesn't go to the right places fast enough.
    If he was black they would have searched every cavity on his body. White privilege at work lol.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

If he was black they would have searched every cavity on his body. White privilege at work lol.
    Not just race, but celebrity status, location, ect. What cop is gonna arrest the son of some rich, white director dude?

Not in this country.

White privilege didn't work in getting him laid though!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast