1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 14 hours, 17 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 9 hours, 42 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 7 hours, 17 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 2 hours, 42 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Re: Plumes

If you're all stacking on plumes, make the group adopt a line stacking method. Create a line of players from titan to the back of the arena and just move to the left or right when they appear. I had an LS WHM do this when Titan was fresh content and that fixed his issue.

Quote Originally Posted by wintersquall View Post
    i'm having the same issue with the EX primals, but i refuse to pay for them as they're not top tier content anymore. save your gil.
    It's not top tier content but you need to beat for next top tier primal?
    I think it's why there are still people need the win.

I never even knew EX primals were a pre-req for Levi tbh.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

And Moggle, I think. Safe to assume those (or maybe just Levi) are going to gate Ramuh, too.

99% of what I see posted on reddit is garbage...

This http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/commen...itan_ex_rants/ however, is pretty legit advice people need to hear.

Online Dating DOES Work!!
    Sonic Ripoff of the Houe of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hiryo Randgris
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by chichicha View Post
    It's not top tier content but you need to beat for next top tier primal?
    I think it's why there are still people need the win.
    In other games, they would call Titan EX top tier for your skill level lol.

Edit: (meaning until you raise your actual skill at playing the game, Titan is your top tier gameplay-wise)

Quote Originally Posted by Yugl View Post
    Re: Plumes

If you're all stacking on plumes, make the group adopt a line stacking method. Create a line of players from titan to the back of the arena and just move to the left or right when they appear. I had an LS WHM do this when Titan was fresh content and that fixed his issue.
    I've never done Titan EX without stacking and we all stack on top of each other and run left (we pull adds right so with everyone running left there is no issue with running into debuff).

Dr. Salami
    HERO OF TIME

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Selamis Bloodwood
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Another tip, for PC players, if you're having issues dodging plumes. Google Leatrix Latency, download and install it, profit. It changes your registry to allow quicker response times from your pc to the server, instead of collecting pings and sending them as a bunch all at once, it will do each one as it comes across. It'll help you see things a little quicker but also it will record your position faster, so if you think you dodged a plume or landslide and still got hit, there is a chance the server recorded your last position as of the last ping, and not where you were actually standing.

As far as OP and spending gil on EX clears, it's your gil to do with as you please, but don't waste it on Garuda, because if you're having issues with her, Titan is gonna cock block you majorly.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Serenseven Dertavernen
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Selamis View Post
    Another tip, for PC players, if you're having issues dodging plumes. Google Leatrix Latency, download and install it, profit. It changes your registry to allow quicker response times from your pc to the server, instead of collecting pings and sending them as a bunch all at once, it will do each one as it comes across. It'll help you see things a little quicker but also it will record your position faster, so if you think you dodged a plume or landslide and still got hit, there is a chance the server recorded your last position as of the last ping, and not where you were actually standing.
    If you're having problems with network lag, there's a good chance it's that infernal Level3 router in Montreal, which Leatrix will not help correct. You'll need a VPN service to make that go away, as discussed here.

Obligatory OP comment: I'm not going to say you can or can't buy your primal clears, but consider that most if not all content past Garuda X is going to have the same problem: the Dumbass Finder is not going to be able to get you a group that can clear it. So when do you stop buying clears? Ifrit X? Leviathan X? Turn 5? At a certain point, you're going to be forced to either join an existing skilled FC or attempt to recruit for and create your own if you want to continue to advance.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

It's not entirely as applicable now, but prior to 2.2, Titan EX in particular was a MAJOR content gate in getting anything done. Most good groups would queue Ifrit before starting, which meant the only people you could do Titan EX with were those who had never cleared it. In contrast, once you had cleared Titan EX, all the primals were much easier to beat (because you could finally join veteran parties).

I don't think people pre-queue anymore, so buying a clear doesn't have the value it once did, but I could definitely see doing so back then.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Serenseven Dertavernen
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    I don't think people pre-queue anymore, so buying a clear doesn't have the value it once did, but I could definitely see doing so back then.
    I've recently seen Ifrit X farm groups in PF stating they will queue for Leviathan X, so apparently it's still a thing.

What I really liked was the first week of the primals.

You could DF ifrit all day and win 100% of the time to get all the accessories you needed, because only the best players were able to queue for it.

Once people started selling clears, it ruined the ifrit df.

My Little Ixion
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Selamis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenseven View Post
    If you're having problems with network lag, there's a good chance it's that infernal Level3 router in Montreal, which Leatrix will not help correct. You'll need a VPN service to make that go away, as discussed here.
    I have such issues all the time, but I assume it's because my service is Clearwire (4G Cellular Broadband). Do you know if such measures will help at least reduce some of my latency, or am I just plain fucked until I break down & get FIOS?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I just cleared Titan EX. I paid 400k for a group of awesome players to carry me. They will help me with anything else I need in the future too Was starting to worry that I might never get that shit done, lol.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by raginbull View Post
    I just cleared Titan EX. I paid 400k for a group of awesome players to carry me. They will help me with anything else I need in the future too Was starting to worry that I might never get that shit done, lol.
    I may want to look into this too >.>; I have been running it everydays the last 3 weeks & no victory, yesterday we wiped @ approx 3% before someone ragequited.. I am alway one of the last one standing, and there is alway 1-2 DPS & a healer derping on plume or LS.. the shit really become unbearable.

On another note, 400k? good bargain, ppl sell it for 1M on Ragnarok.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alkimi Asura
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by FHT View Post
    there is alway 1-2 DPS & a healer derping on plume or LS.. the shit really become unbearable.
    Poke me in game if you need a reliable healer for Titan Ex. Usually on with not much to do and I don't mind that fight.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Alkimi View Post
    Poke me in game if you need a reliable healer for Titan Ex. Usually on with not much to do and I don't mind that fight.
    Thank you very much, thats incredibly generous of you and very appreciated.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I was in NA server a short time to play with my 1.0 friends, and i can say is, NA servers suck in general.

I dont mean to offend everyone but i meant in general as in the common community, aka the people w/o a solid static/FC,that are kinda screwed in pugs and DFs

it took me 1 week when 2.1 is released to call it and went back to JP server, swore to never ever go back to a NA server.

We dont sell any runs in JP server at all, the pugs can even clr 2nd coil turn 4 as of 2-3 weeks ago.

Selling/buying runs to me, is not doing any favor to the general community(seller) and yourself (buyer)

being said, i understand your pain looking to clear w/o being in a solid group as i can tell from that ONE week in a NA server. The PFs are just awful and if i were in your shoe, i would say go buy a clear but i emphasis again, it will not do you any good eventually

because this cycle of buying is selling is 1 of the real reason why NA community always complaining about why some seriously gimped people are appearing in the endgame scene now. in a NA server in general, you have either top end FCs doing everything reliably, and then selling runs, and people who are at the bottom of food chain, sucking and unable to do anything w/o buying a run.... idk about now compare to 2.1 days but theres no reliability in pugs at all...

however, like people mentioned above, if it is just the other 7 pugs/friends that screw you in progress and you intend to clear it w/o the intention of being carried 100%, then you prolly should buy a clear

if not, do the others a favor.... practice moar...