1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 0 hours, 8 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 23 hours, 51 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 17 hours, 8 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 16 hours, 51 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Paying for Primal clears - what are BG's thoughts?

BG, I've been having some... difficulty clearing Garuda EX in the DF. I've noticed that a few people are selling clears for it (and other primals) in PF and via shouts occasionally. Average price seems to be around 700k for one clear, and you aren't typically allowed to loot on any drops. I'd prefer not to except as an absolute last resort, but I'm getting close to that point, lol. I know it's optional but I really want to clear EX Primals at some point. Do you guys have any issues with people paying for clears?

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

I don't give a shit, but if you can't get past garuda ex you will for sure need to pay for titan ex.

Why not make a pt in pf?

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

If you pay for Garuda, you're gonna need to pay for Titan, Ifrit and Leviathan. They don't exactly get easier.

That said, if you're talking about stigma or whatever, I don't think it'll matter. Its always easy to identify goods and bads in this game.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

During the 2nd month of the game's release, I paid for my titan hard clear for my spharai. If you know you're capable of doing the content, but can't rely on anyone to help you, there's no shame in paying as a last resort. Hopefully you'll try to get into a group with whom you can mesh with sooner or later, because you'll reach a point where paying for clears just isn't feasible (coil2).

I'm also assuming you're typically not the reason your garuda DF group aren't doing well, so I'd keep shooting for server PFs and keep trying from there. Your gil is best saved now for titan extreme if you're considering buying clears, sadly.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

If your problem is that you're fine but you can't get 7 other intelligent people to clear it, it's your own business. If your problem is that you can't clear it because you suck, it's your own business but you'll just end up needing to buy more wins.

DF Extremes basically never clear. Echo doesn't make them that much easier because DPS checks rely on people knowing their rotation and not mindlessly bashing boss during adds, and the extra HP doesn't matter for mechanics that oneshot or do over 9k damage.

Make a PF and boot bads if you don't want to pay. Make friends, make a "not bads" linkshell, join a not bads FC. Something.

XI was, and will always be, better.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    The Patriarch
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    If your problem is that you're fine but you can't get 7 other intelligent people to clear it, it's your own business. If your problem is that you can't clear it because you suck, it's your own business but you'll just end up needing to buy more wins.

DF Extremes basically never clear. Echo doesn't make them that much easier because DPS checks rely on people knowing their rotation and not mindlessly bashing boss during adds, and the extra HP doesn't matter for mechanics that oneshot or do over 9k damage.

Make a PF and boot bads if you don't want to pay. Make friends, make a "not bads" linkshell, join a not bads FC. Something.
    This. Make a PT that specifically states repeated mistakes will result in being removed. Don't worry about the stigma or reputation that will come from booting people. Worry about the win, the people in your PT and yourself will greatly benefit from it.

Plus ,with a well built PT and echo, there is almost no reason to not be able to clear primal content. Sure, mistakes will be made, but if someone in your PT is continually failing it becomes pretty obvious early on that they are just dead weight and need to be removed.

Before patch 2.2
    I did DF for all my win during JP prime time. (With JP only language picked)

It happened that JP won't give fast as English. (Hate to say that... But it's true)

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Garuda ex isn't going to be your real issue. Titan is. Ifrit is annoying but pug able. If you're going to save your cash for anything make it Titan. Tanks are the key to Garuda, tanks and dps killing spiny at the wrong time... like the brd the group I was in yesterday. Titan ex fight still goes wrong with experienced groups.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eeek Sohno
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl
    FFXI Server
    Asura

You're at a crossroads. Here's two options for you:

1) Start meeting and running with the real endgame players on your server. You might have reached the point where you need a coordinated, talented static/FC/LS to experience the content you want to experience. And actually clear it.

2) Maintain your independence or social FC or whatnot and pay for content clears. While it's a reasonable, short-term solution in some instances, how much and for how long are you willing to spend? The DF and PF groups will keep struggling with this content for the foreseeable future, and it's certain that more high-tier content is on the horizon.

3) Something else. There's plenty of options here, but it's 8am for me and the coffee's still brewing.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

I don't envy folks trying to clear the early Ex's at this point. I haven't bothered doing them since 2.2 except once to help a couple friends past titan and ifrit so they could access leviathan. I imagine there's a large part of the population ignoring them. One of the better options would be try to meet people through an FC/LS as has been mentioned, that can help you learn and clear them. They're a pain to learn also if you can't find competent groups.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eeek Sohno
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl
    FFXI Server
    Asura

As I dinged my first 50 after 2.2's release, I'm one of those people largely ignoring the EX primals. We all know FFXIV sports a streamlined design with an endgame based on vertical progression and rather simplistically-designed gear. Gear from the bleeding edge content clearly outclasses gear from lesser content, but this lesser gear allows those who care (at least somewhat) to maintain a serviceable level of gear. The door's always open for those who want to jump from easier content to bleeding-edge content, and vice versa.

For a variety of reasons, I just don't want to seek out dedicated, talented groups or beat my head against bleeding-edge content in PF groups (not that Garuda EX is bleeding-edge content, but you get the overall point). But I do understand those who want to clear this high-tier content.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Taruto Shippuden
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

No one would have an issue with someone buying their clears, tbh. But if you're really trying to buy a clear, haggle the price. On Siren, we charge about 300k for non-Titan primals. It's a dead market (at least on my server) and if they're going to charge you that much for a win and leave you unable to lot, then they're taking advantage of you.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

I'd hunt around for a Garuda EX PF group, because the DF is notoriously bad at Garuda EX. I've jumped into several DF groups for Garuda EX to try to get myself a casting ring, and they've all failed spectacularly because people go in there with no knowledge to practice. They've all been a terrible waste of my time.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Okiru Sasayake
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Taruina View Post
    No one would have an issue with someone buying their clears, tbh. But if you're really trying to buy a clear, haggle the price. On Siren, we charge about 300k for non-Titan primals. It's a dead market (at least on my server) and if they're going to charge you that much for a win and leave you unable to lot, then they're taking advantage of you.
    Here's the real problem with buying wins: It's really not doing you any favors if you can't handle the fight; it's akin to being carried. On the other hand, if you can handle the fight, then buying a win for something like Garuda EX still seems silly in my eyes. Looking into the future, I could see buying a win for something like Turn 7 IF you were competent in the fight yourself, but like someone said above, you just need to find an FC/LS where people are decently skilled and do things. My FC had no problem doing a quick run through of the older shit for my RL friend who hit 50 recently; in fact, they were more persistent about getting it done for him than I was. So... just find yourself a good group of people.

I paid for my first titan hm clear cause no pf would take someone that hadn't already cleared. Was 200k back in like november. I knew the fight and helped clear. But it was worth the gil to not be roadblocked. Since then I havent had to pay for anything but its still been tough to get let into pf groups. Ive had to sneak in and have t5 and tex clears without having to pay.

no problem with paying. Its your gil and your time. I valued my time and didnt want to waste it in fail df groups

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

The problem w/ the EX primals is there is no incentive to farm them once you get all the weapons. Most of the experienced players already have the weapons so you wont see them killing them much anymore. I'm sorry SE, but mounts that have a 1-2% drop rate ain't worth it to get me to go back and farm em

I could clear all 3 EX primals every Monday in PUGs, often 1/1.

The problem is there's no reason to do them anymore if you got all of the weapons back when they were in demand.

All of us with experience that could do the fights blindfolded have long since gotten them all, and no one in their right mind is going back for the fucking lolmounts.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Come to Gilgamesh and we'll sell you Garuda EX for much less than 700k.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

If you can find 2 tanks that know what's up you should be ok, that is the hardest part of Garuda X ... just offer each of them 50k or so on clear. I would jump on that for 30 minutes of work. Make a PF group with ranged dps reqs and you should have a win in no time.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Yugl View Post
    Come to Gilgamesh and we'll sell you Garuda EX for much less than 700k.
    1m = $6 according to tells, server transfer is $18 c.c