1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 22 hours, 45 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 1 hours, 14 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 15 hours, 45 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in -6 hours, -46 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    That would decrease their DPS even more (you'd just gear for the occasion, capping accuracy instead of using those gear slots for other stats). The issue here is that BLM needs a DPS boost instead.
    I should have been clearer, I meant "in tandem with a DPS boost".

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Why not just increase their DPS then? The result is the same except for which gear you're going to wear.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Added some more info to the translation from the Famitsu article. Some explanation of the name of the patch, and some other odds and ends, like info that higher rank monsters for the hunts will be less frequently encountered due to certain spawn conditions. This sounds like it probably goes along with Yoshida mentioning not too long ago that they were going to give more purpose to weather in patch 2.3 and beyond, along with weather forecasting NPCs.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yeah, it's pretty much FFXII's hunts which was the best part of the game. Hoping for some variety in encounters too.

They could save a lot of time and just and revert blm back to what it was at 2.0 release.

We did significantly more damage single target(without flare), and the class was more fun and interesting.

Why they nerfed blm as hard as they did made no sense at the time, and the fact they are going to buff us in response proves that they were wrong.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sukimin Yakumo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by lilbubbles View Post
    They could save a lot of time and just and revert blm back to what it was at 2.0 release.

We did significantly more damage single target(without flare), and the class was more fun and interesting.

Why they nerfed blm as hard as they did made no sense at the time, and the fact they are going to buff us in response proves that they were wrong.
    They called it a bugfix, which it was. It ended up whacking BLM dps rather hard though, so they're buffing in response. I do wish that they'd just revert the bug since there are good bugs that exist...

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

What was the bug? I wasn't a blm back then and don't remember.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

The bit with the Umbral Ice cast time but Astral Fire damage or some shit. I remember having to relearn casting Flare after 2.1? I can't honestly recall when the bug was fixed.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I believe what they are referring to is using buff/tick timing to be able to cast an AF3 nuke at UI3 speed...?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The "trick" was that if you initiated a fire cast immediatly after Fire III (to switch from UI3 to AF3) you'd get the casting time bonus from UI and the damage boost from AF because you'd get the buff mid-cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    I believe what they are referring to is using buff/tick timing to be able to cast an AF3 nuke at UI3 speed...?
    That was one of the main ones that increased our single target speed...

The way they fixed it though, I don't know how to describe it but...

Just casting fire back to back is slower and more kludgy now. The way we go into our next cast is slower even when its just AF3 speed. It feels like its double checking something from the server before it lets you cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    The "trick" was that if you initiated a fire cast immediatly after Fire III (to switch from UI3 to AF3) you'd get the casting time bonus from UI and the damage boost from AF because you'd get the buff mid-cast.
    More than that, I would continue to regenerate mp until my Fire 3 landed so I never had to wait on mp ever. Everything combined I lost 10% of my single target dps.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sukimin Yakumo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by lilbubbles View Post
    That was one of the main ones that increased our single target speed...

The way they fixed it though, I don't know how to describe it but...

Just casting fire back to back is slower and more kludgy now. The way we go into our next cast is slower even when its just AF3 speed. It feels like its double checking something from the server before it lets you cast.
    That's exactly what it's doing. It recalculates your cast time mid-cast so it seems fast and then it readjusts it to be the normal cast speed.

Ya but like.. when I am on sch and spamming ruin or on whm and spamming cure each spell starts casting server side before the previous ends client side.

It's almost like command queuing doesn't happen anymore for blm. It could just be in my head D:

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sukimin Yakumo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Nah, you can still queue spells, just that it's insanely clunky with cast times. Still wish we had that back but there's like a 0 percent chance they'll give us that back.