The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I've been on projects where acronym names have been picked out of a hat and then words picked for each letter as best they could.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Stromgarde View Post
    I've been on projects where acronym names have been picked out of a hat and then words picked for each letter as best they could.
    so what you're saying is you worked for the government

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

yeah but you could bullshit a better name than that
    clever robotic organic processing system, or something that doesn't literally have the word crops in it

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

So sad that this hasn't been posted yet in reply.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Just a rehash, nothing new.
    But done by someone far better than me.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Have fun getting your jobs replaced while I'm editing reality shows suckas

/snowflakemodeengaged

/idiocracyiscoming

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

actually, as formulaic as reality TV is, i wouldn't be surprised if someone wrote some software to edit it automatically.

In the future Whoopie Goldberg is the only person with a job
    http://images2.fanpop.com/images/qui...38_335_300.jpg

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by BaneTheBrawler View Post
    actually, as formulaic as reality TV is, i wouldn't be surprised if someone wrote some software to edit it automatically.
    lol

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Well if you did something like Big Brother, with a moderately sized beta audience that has access to feeds from all the cameras and streamed through a web app.
    It might be possible to have software put together a wide audience packaged episode by using the beta view metrics as a guide.
    As tech improves, you could even have the dialog made computer readable with reliable ASR (whoops, there goes closed-caption workers too), and then use a Watson to identify relevant related scenes that are lead up things the beta viewers were keying in on but maybe didn't get as many views.

Have a program to detect skin exposure and voice volume from video footage and splice together together any segments of video that contain a sufficient amount of either above a certain threshold.

It would have trouble detecting black cast members, but so do television producers, so it's a minor issue.

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    lol
    reality tv show editing is just filtering input based on easy to learn/recognize rules.

BG Level

lol

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

There's a special place in hell for Archi somewhere between Basketball Wives and Swamp Murders.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

gonna go with "archi was being sarcastic" but since this is text and we can't tell FUCK YOU ARCHI. THEYRE GONNA WRITE SARCASM SOFTWARE TOO AND THEN WHERE WILL YOU BE

It's funny but you can see the effects of automation in FFXI's mini-world economy. Bots have gotten more and more advanced that they can do all the tedious farming, fishing, NPCing, Sparking, Cruoring, Reiving, whatever is profitable at the time, including multi-box bots for things like delve, essentially taking "jobs" per say away from people trying to do it the legit way, who would once slave away for hours every day to earn their scorpion harness, because small amounts of gil one character can make doing these things legitimately pales in comparison to everyone's bots doing it 24/7 (akin to corporations) and massively increasing the inflation so people remain "unemployed" and poor (in relative FFXI terms) while the rich botters stay rich and get richer, being able to further monopolize anything they want without worrying about the rest of the casual legit population. If FFXI had some weird system where you had to pay for your character's basic survival needs on a monthly basis with gil or they would "die" and be deleted from the server, you can bet people would be dying left and right without SE giving out gil welfare

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by CoreyX View Post
    It's funny but you can see the effects of automation in FFXI's mini-world economy. Bots have gotten more and more advanced that they can do all the tedious farming, fishing, NPCing, Sparking, Cruoring, Reiving, whatever is profitable at the time, including multi-box bots for things like delve, essentially taking "jobs" per say away from people trying to do it the legit way, who would once slave away for hours every day to earn their scorpion harness, because small amounts of gil one character can make doing these things legitimately pales in comparison to everyone's bots doing it 24/7 (akin to corporations) and massively increasing the inflation so people remain "unemployed" and poor (in relative FFXI terms) while the rich botters stay rich and get richer, being able to further monopolize anything they want without worrying about the rest of the casual legit population. If FFXI had some weird system where you had to pay for your character's basic survival needs on a monthly basis with gil or they would "die" and be deleted from the server, you can bet people would be dying left and right without SE giving out gil welfare
    Get help.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by BaneTheBrawler View Post
    gonna go with "archi was being sarcastic" but since this is text and we can't tell FUCK YOU ARCHI. THEYRE GONNA WRITE SARCASM SOFTWARE TOO AND THEN WHERE WILL YOU BE
    A program that turns a hundred hours of often chaotic footage into an airable tv show? No, just no.

Considering what passes for television nowadays....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast