+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: MasterChef US (Season 5)     submit to reddit submit to twitter

I liked it but it def didn't have the same impact as far as "character development" as the first 4 seasons had. You learned a lot about the chefs, even the ones that didn't make it. Hell, this time we basically found out... one is a stripper...

Season of the Siccness
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sicc Ward
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I got a good laugh from dude on the balcony talking shit to the older guy with the fkd off haircut (I'm terrible with names and I watched it a couple days ago). I can totally get behind that kind of "drama", some real competitive cooking rivalries in the kitchen is great. I mentally sidestep most the hyperdrama that gets promoted in these kinds of shows and just enjoy the cooking but... If its funny/entertaining, bring it on.

After the next episode I'll put some Nostradamus on a winner.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

I had to at least try and get some sleep early on Monday, and I was out all day Tuesday, but I finally got around to watching this week's MasterChef.
    (At least not watching it live means no wait on commercial cliffhangers, and fewer fucking walmart commercials.)

Spoiler: show
    Last weeks episode preview and the season feature at the start of this week really spoiled some key shit going on. Bad form.

Cutter really got reamed, but they did the right thing dropping Astrid.
    Willie looked way too damned salty about Courtney at the start.

I don't know how far she'll make it, but depending on how it goes down, I can see a bit of uproar upon Jamiee taking an exit. Woobie inc.

Moss, after seeing him get some screen time and the dish, your boy has skills.

GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cantih View Post

Spoiler: show

Moss, after seeing him get some screen time and the dish, your boy has skills.
    Haha right? I got a kick out of that.

I talked to him after the first episode and was saying they better give him more face time, and he was like "just wait..."

It would be crazy if he won but like you said he has skills. He's also a cool, chill dude so he won't get eliminated for being an ass or doing something stupid like throwing trash all over the floor (Astrid).

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Finally caught up with the show. I agree with the rest it is stupid they cut out the beginning. My only guess it's because Ramsey has too many fucking tv shows now they had to shorten the season.
    I am rooting for Willie, which means he won't win lol

Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    Haha right? I got a kick out of that.

I talked to him after the first episode and was saying they better give him more face time, and he was like "just wait..."

It would be crazy if he won but like you said he has skills. He's also a cool, chill dude so he won't get eliminated for being an ass or doing something stupid like throwing trash all over the floor (Astrid).
    Which is your guy again?

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Dantrag View Post
    Which is your guy again?
    Francis Biondi. He won the cook-off or whatever you call it at the end of the most recent episode.

Awesome. Lets see if he can keep it up.

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Jaimee is super adorable. loving her

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

And woobie begins.

It's just a shame only one of those two at the end was eliminated instead of both.

Season of the Siccness
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sicc Ward
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Daniel did what my dumb ass would've done and then... his face when he saw the challenge item, fantastic. I was rooting for him in that one.

I don't necessarily want to see him go home anytime soon but Elder Quicksilver has been an irritant from jump street, he does have some entertainment value for the time being though.

Elise needs to go. Baker that can't bake a pie.

3 times...

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

3 times...
    This so much...how the hell is she still on? I love how they labeled the stripper as "Aerial Dancer" LOL. I'd give her the D.

Eww no. Her face

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

uhh her face is tolerable. that voice though. my god.

I still like her though. at least she's not an arrogant bitch like the 2nd place woman last year... forgot her name.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Koul View Post
    Jaimee is super adorable. loving her
    She talks like she's always out of breath, so annoying

Quote Originally Posted by Koul View Post
    uhh her face is tolerable. that voice though. my god.

I still like her though. at least she's not an arrogant bitch like the 2nd place woman last year... forgot her name.
    face is bad and she seems bitchy. bangable body tho

Her face IS bad lol. But yeah, Body is nice at least. On the flip side her cooking is very consistent. Which imo is a better place to be than at the bottom or top.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

She is pretty much at the top of all the cooking, no?

I meant 1st/last specifically. She is defiantly upper part of the top 5 constantly. Which is a good place to be imo(she did win that one challenge.) But last week she wasn't first. But she was up there.

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

3 times...

QTF. She clearly has few cooking/baking skills but I can tell they want her on because of the entertainment value. My God is she weepy. If this weeks EP is any indication of future events, I see her surviving simply because someone else will always manage to squeak by with a dish barely worse than her's.